Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2002, 21:51 (Ref:289742)   #1
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scenario B

Ferrari have stated that their reason's for Sunday's decision is that anything could happen between now and the end of the season.

What if this happened:-

Mikey gets an injury at Monaco that rules him out of the rest of the season's races. (Purely hypothetical, I do not want anyone to get injured)

Ruby starts to dominate, winning quite a few, but not all, of the remaining races in his F2002. But Ruby's new team mate (whoever that may be) struggles to come to terms with the F2002 and fails to stop the Williams drivers also winning a few.

At the end of the season, Ruby fails to win the championship by 3 points to one of the Williams drivers.

Well done Ferrari!!!!!!

Robert
Old 18 May 2002, 22:18 (Ref:289759)   #2
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I mentioned this possibility in another thread and I totally agree. It happened in 1999..

Ferrari are apparently 'not taking any chances for the WDC'. But if you take that literally they are taking chances. They are relying too heavily on Michael.
Old 18 May 2002, 22:31 (Ref:289768)   #3
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only to be expected, seein' as it Shu that runs ferrari, the words "shootin'" and "foot" sping to mind.
Old 18 May 2002, 23:22 (Ref:289797)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i've posted this in another thread somewhere but........

should TGF have an injury bad enough to rule him out, (as we saw in'99) then those extra 4 points aren't going to be enough to make a difference.
Old 19 May 2002, 00:37 (Ref:289824)   #5
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would laugh long and loud.
Old 19 May 2002, 00:41 (Ref:289828)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari deserve to lose it anyway.

GO SAUBER!
Old 20 May 2002, 11:23 (Ref:290154)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An injury, which I wouldn't wish on anyone BTW, might just as easily come in the final third of the year - at which point the WDC would be safe. Two ways of looking at everything.

Personally I think they could easily have "risked" those four points, but I'm not in charge of Ferrari.
Old 20 May 2002, 11:47 (Ref:290192)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I thought this at the time. I would be hilarous because of ferraris comments "How Stupid would we look if Msch lost by 1 point"
Old 20 May 2002, 12:15 (Ref:290237)   #9
koby
Rookie

koby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are so arrogant - they are writing in terms as if they had already won it,....it's not over until the fat lady...
Old 20 May 2002, 12:22 (Ref:290245)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a metter of fact it is the other team bosses that are saying that Ferrari won't be beaten - Ferrari take the view that they can't be too careful. I go with the other bosses - they could risk a little and still win easily in my opinion.