Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1275331)   #1
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Out, Sir Jackie In ?

Just read of F1Racing.net, that one of the Scottish newspapers have reported that Sir Jackie is favoured over 'dictator' Max
Old 11 Apr 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1275339)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which of the papers? You are obviously only referring to how Max runs F1.

My guess is that it is just speculation because the problems with the MSA 'dictator's preseidency.

A quick search reveals: http://sport.scotsman.com/motorsport.cfm?id=377432005 (although they spell Mosley wrong!).

JYS will work well with Bernie

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2005 at 10:01.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1275367)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Compared with some of the previous suggestions Jackie has more credentials. He has at least worked in a national motorsport body.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1275392)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And has raced a F1 car
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1275396)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Max has only raced F2, but I am not sure how relevant that is. They will all have advisors on such matters and the FIA is far more than just F1, which is why involvement elsewhere is more important. The president of the FIA is voted for by the national bodies, not F1 drivers or F1 teams!

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Apr 2005 at 11:22.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1275471)   #6
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewart worked with Ford on road cars for years & has long pushed for road & race safety so he would be an ideal replacement in many areas of the job as well as experience driving & owning a team.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1275499)   #7
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Michael RCV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he has enough experience to take the sport forward.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1275514)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The in-fighting in the BRDC aside (a selection of old "gents" who can't get along holds no interest for me), I wasn't aware that Mosley's position at the FIA was available. Granted Mosley decided to retire and then changed his mind, and he'll have to go eventually.

However, when the time comes, Sir Jackie would be a superb candidate for the job, and (purely speculation) I think a few people might be surprised at Bernie's view on that.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1275526)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There is an election for the presidency this year.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1275544)   #10
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah. Right. Jackie for President then!
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1275624)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jackie Stewart would be ideal for this role IMO. He has that rare quality in motorsport, in that he knows what he's talking about.

Yep, it's either Jackie or David Richards for me........
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1275631)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
David Richards is a businessman, Jackie Stewart is an enthusiast.

At least that's the impression they give out. In truth they're both a mixture of both, if you see what I mean. But given the choice, I'd go for Jackie.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1275640)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Jackie would be my first choice. But DR would do a sterling job no doubt.

Better than the current fellow anyways. And please Max apologists, don't beat on me for that.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1275718)   #14
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a very limited impression of Jackie, but he often seems a tad irritable, would he be well suited for the job? How good is he at playing the game of politics? Again, he often seems annoyed at the stupidity of it, etc. Why do you guys think he would be well suited?

It seems like a guy along the lines of Richards would be well suited. While personally I don't necessarly like those kinds of guys, someone is needed who is both no non-sense and can deal with the politics.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1275737)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The proposed changes to the presidency, of having deputies etc, mean it's unlikely Max will lose his job.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1275755)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh you are a ray of hope and sunshine arent you KB....
Old 11 Apr 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1275779)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Max does a far better job than many on this forum give him credit for, yes.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1275809)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Lets hope the FIA make him dump his stupid obsession with all things tartan...
Old 11 Apr 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1275886)   #19
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
I have a very limited impression of Jackie, ... How good is he at playing the game of politics?
He campaigned long and hard, often with significant opposition on driver safety issues when he was younger, and if he still backs himself, I reckon he'd do a great job.

DR possibly could too, but I question whether he has the time to make the commitment with all his other interests.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1276534)   #20
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLease Say its True

This would Save Formula 1 and keep it from splitting into two diffrent series. Also it would save the sport because Sir Jacie would fix all the stupid idiotic numbskull rule changes the senile ridiculous looking Max Moseley has enforced on the teams costing the teams money and us to watch boring races and qualifying. I think Jackie would change the Qualifying format back to the orginal, he would bring back tire changes and even maybe bring back slick tires instead of grooved so these guys could have some more grip to pass each other with out recking.

Jackie is the Guy for the job and im not even English or Scottish and I have enough sense to say it.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1276538)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
and the teams would just agree to that?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1276579)   #22
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams are Obvously unhappy with MAX& Berni why do you think they want to split. I read in Plant F1's article that if the change happens and Jacki becomes president that the teams may consider staying with F1 and not splitting if they like his proposals and Berni gives the money they want.

Last edited by Xpunk75; 12 Apr 2005 at 19:09.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1276585)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Jackie can't offer any money to teams if he becomes the FIA president, so nothing will change there - The commercial arm has to be separate.

The teams won't magically agree with each other either. If everyone else had agreed then Max would have gone along with it anyway. My point is that it isn't just a case of changing one man (whoever that is).
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1276587)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
speaking of bernie, dosen't he seriourly dislike sir jackie? i seem to remember a lot of comments going back and forth b/w the two when the brdc was trying to save silverstone. i dont really know how much control sir jackie has over the brdc but someone who came pretty close to losing the home race for many f1 teams doesn't sound like the right choice for the job of saving f1.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1276812)   #25
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point is he didn't lose it, despite the best efforts of the most powerful man in the sport.