Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Nov 2002, 22:40 (Ref:428809)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have almost no Champcar experiece, so how will the newbies do?

Ok, Adrian Fernandez has recently announced that he will not race this weekend. This means Toyota Atlantic driver Luis Diaz will be taking his place. Luis had a very strong season in his first full season of Atlantic finishing a 4th in the point standings and winning Portland. That said, he was with arguably the top team in Atlantic (Doricott) and he finished behind both of his teammates.

Also with almost no prior Champcar experience is Andre Lotterer, whom I have to admit I'd never heard of before he recieved this ride. He's only 20 years old but has tested for JaguarF1 and has won three races in German F3. Anyone know anything else about him? how German F3 compares to British F3?

Anyway, how do you think having two guys with almost no experience will affect this weekend's race? Any surprises?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 14 Nov 2002, 22:46 (Ref:428814)   #2
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the British F3 series is one of the best as is the German one, I haven't followed it this year so I'm not sure which is better right now.

Lotterer is young, dumb and full of cum so I expect nothing less than a front 2 rows starting spot and a podium. The fact that it's a new track will help him out. Diaz should be good for a spin or two, I'm guessing a top 10 finish for him too.
Old 14 Nov 2002, 22:54 (Ref:428824)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know how they will go but I wish them all the luck in the world , maybe they will give Dominguez a run for his money, but good on them anyway , its always good to see new faces on the grid
Old 14 Nov 2002, 23:52 (Ref:428874)   #4
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see some new young blood coming into CART.

I agree with Snout that a new track for everyone will be one of the benefits of making their debut this particular weekend.

I have seen a bit of Lotterer in F3 and considering his age, he's got a good future IMO. Remember da Matta and JPM were no Senna's in F3, so we should keep an open mind.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 00:04 (Ref:428878)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first race Mr. Bell ran in a Champ Car, he came in 4th. Darren Manning had an excellent race in Rockingham with almost no time to get used to the car and he came 9th. I think if you are a good driver, you are a good driver, and they will adapt well.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 17:40 (Ref:429376)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the first practice Diaz is 13th and Lotterer 16th. Pretty good in my estimation.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 15 Nov 2002, 17:41 (Ref:429379)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they don't mess with anyone they will probably score points...
Old 15 Nov 2002, 18:00 (Ref:429397)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they mess with Bruno, I guarantee you they will not walk away in an upright position. Just ask Mr. Bell.