Old 26 Jan 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1210793)   #1
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Midlands - Observer & Flag Training

BRSCC Midland Centre Training 2005

I hope that you have all wintered well and are ready for the 2005 season.

In a change this year, our Observer and Flag Marshals training session is to be held at Mallory Park. This is now possible thanks to the new buildings that opened last year. The event is being held on the 13th February.

We will be running a similar format to recent years and I am pleased to say that David Pierre has again agreed to provide the training.

I am sure that you are aware that we have an excellent year ahead with events including the FIA GT's, LMES, F3/GT package and the EERC 24 Hour. To start the year I would hope to see as many of you as possible at our training day - if you have not already done so, please let John Sadler know your availability ASAP. You can either contact John in the usual way, email me (NOT PM please) or use the on-line volunteering form at http://www.julian-floyd.com/BRSCCMidsform.htm

Regards,
Julian

home@julian-floyd.com
Old 27 Jan 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1210812)   #2
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Julian, why are you putting this on the exact same day as flag and observer training at Silverstone? At least a different date would enable those who cant make the date an alternative. Why duplicate?
Old 28 Jan 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1211961)   #3
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OR

Has anyone asked Silverstone why they are putting on their training day at the same time as Julians???

Old 28 Jan 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1211989)   #4
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Bear with me playing devil's advocate on this, but does it really matter that both training days are on the same day? Or are you saying it is inconvenient because you want to attend both?

I ask because I know the MSA when it dishes out it's training budget to the clubs does so on the basis that all marshals will go to a SINGLE training day at a SINGLE venue. And I believe (but please correct me if I am wrong on this point) that the money is divided on the basis of the primary registered club you belong to.

Therefore, if you then go to a 2nd course held by another club, you are then eating into the monetary allowance of that club, and therefore they can't afford all the things that should be laid on for their members.

Sorry if this seems confusing, I hope I got the point over!!!!!!

Steve
Old 28 Jan 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1211998)   #5
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think he means that if both events are on the same day, and you can't make that date, then there is no fall back day to go to, where as if they were on different days and you couldn't make one, then you have the option of going to a different one.

Jon
Old 29 Jan 2005, 00:31 (Ref:1212373)   #6
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right!!!

So I'm driving from Towcester (5 miles from Silverstone) to do the training at Mallory (40 miles away)...

Why???
Old 30 Jan 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1212894)   #7
Mr Horsepower
Rookie

England
Derby
Mr Horsepower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for putting the training on, it is much appreciated especially as it involves a lot of hard work for those seting it up!!!

I have to travel 30-ish miles to Mallory but I accept - as I'm sure that most do - that the training can only be put on at one circuit, and that can't be on everyone's doorstep.

Looking forwards to seeing you all on the 13th.