Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:51 (Ref:707015)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1/Cart drivers on karting !!!

On November 15, these guys will be racing on equal machinery !

Juan Pablo Montoya
Rubens Barrichello
Cristiano Da Matta
Roberto José Guerrero
Marc Gene
Adrián Fernández
Paul Tracy
Jimmy Vasser
Max Papis
Dario Franchitti
Ricardo Sperafico
Rodrigo Sperafico

http://www.easykartcolombia.com/pilotos.htm
Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:59 (Ref:707024)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds fun. Is there a reason behind this, or is just for a laugh (or both!).

Teh S. American version of Bercy?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 15:13 (Ref:707040)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't speak the language, but I think it has to do with the Colombian Independance day celebrations.

Interesting that Frederico Montoya is driving. I believe that is Juans little brother. It is interesting because a couple of days ago, I met a fellow who recently sold karting parts to Frederico after receiving an e-mail enquiry from Florida that was signed JPM. That was how he made the connection, I think. I wonder how good he is?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 15:29 (Ref:707058)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good!

They've done well to get such a strong line up too. Should be good to watch!
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:03 (Ref:707083)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schuey isn't racing as Barrichello would get equal treatment.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:25 (Ref:707108)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Sounds fun. Is there a reason behind this,
To get funds for autosport activities (for low funds people).

It's called "Fundación Fórmula Sonrisas" (Formula Smiles Foundation)

Sorry about translation...
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:45 (Ref:707126)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the info.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:47 (Ref:707129)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard JPM was organiziing a charity race in Columbia,is this the one??
Old 3 Sep 2003, 18:41 (Ref:707272)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
I wonder how good he is?
I have seen him race at a local go kart track. These are karts used by the public so they were really nothing special. However this is how the race went.

He qualified pole started from the back then proceded to blow everyone away winning the race easily. I raced against him too in another race but my kart was much faster than the one he had. Lets just say he has been doing this for a long time. I think he is 18 and has been racing or driving karts since he wos 7 or 8. He was supposed to race some BMW series in Europe but I dont know what came of it. Anyway, the little that I saw him do was pretty good. With "real" karts I dont know how good he is. These karts were only going up to about 40mph while the ones people bring there will do well over 60 on that track format, (slow and twisty).

That is why I say real karts.

Last edited by neilap; 3 Sep 2003 at 18:42.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 02:15 (Ref:707641)   #10
senna12
Veteran

Very interesting, neilap. I suppose we can find out in November.

The fellow I met is also involved in the Champ Stars of Tomorrow karting series, the one that features Michael Andretti's son, Marco. Perhaps I can find out a little bit more...but then, we should end up in the karting forum, to which I must admit I've never been!
Old 4 Sep 2003, 02:18 (Ref:707642)   #11
senna12
Veteran

Actually, there is a round of the above mentioned karting series not too far from here on the weekend of Monza. I've been invited, but I must work. However, since you can never have enough motorsport connections, I certainly plan to hook up with this chap again.