Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Aug 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1392144)   #1
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Austin in F3 Euroseries

Great to see Rob back in an F3 car, he is racing this weekend in euro F3 at Zandvoort for Team Midland. What has he been doing this year? I saw him racing Minis at Donny earlier on, has he just been doing that?

However he is not on the pace, qualifying 20th from 21 runners. Those Midland cars haven't done well all year, despite having Antinucci and Guerrieri in the seats. Stephen Jelley was out last time and he to was at the back of the grid, is it something to do with the Toyota engine?

Anyway go Roberto!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1392339)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not an official racing season without Rob Austin popping up in an F3 car
Old 27 Aug 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1392360)   #3
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i knew something was missing from f3 this season!

im sure he will do some overtaking.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1392460)   #4
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Rob was 12th in race 1. What happened in that race does anyone know? All of the front running drivers didn't complete the first lap, im guessing there was a pile-up. The top looks different for a change, Moreau won!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1392482)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three cars collided on the start grid, Hirate took out Carbone and one other Signature car got hit.

Then coming out of turn 1 Hamilton and Sutil touched and both crashed. Di Resta then hit Di Grassi which meant Di Grassi was also out.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1392492)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So finally a race with equal cars and I missed it!

Well, at least I will see race 2 live tomorrow!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1392512)   #7
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Three cars collided on the start grid, Hirate took out Carbone and one other Signature car got hit.

Then coming out of turn 1 Hamilton and Sutil touched and both crashed. Di Resta then hit Di Grassi which meant Di Grassi was also out.
Blimey!
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1392523)   #8
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Does anyone know what is wrong with James Rossiter? He had an impressive start to the season and scored quite a few points in the first half of the season, but he seems to have dramatically dropped off the pace lately, and has had very few points in the last 6 races or so.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1392528)   #9
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A) is he thinking too much of his F1 test chances?
B) this race he was involved in the accident at the start.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1392532)   #10
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
B) this race he was involved in the accident at the start.
Yes I know that, but i meant generally, in the second half of the season he has collected very few points. You would expect someone like James to be at least in the top 6 every weekend, but he isn't.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1392582)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
check his times relevant to loic duvals. they're very similar in almost every race. the issue is with the car, and they can't find the right setup. if the setups not there and the engine's not up to mercedes standards, no matter how good james is as a driver, it's just not going to happen.

in other news. bloody great race. breath of fresh air. really pleased for guillaume. couldn't have happened to a better driver. he's been very good all this weekend so far, and it's just rewards for that.

james has also had a bad run of middle of the pack first lap accidents. the one today was totally hirate's fault. others were a bit of both parties involved really.

Last edited by bella; 27 Aug 2005 at 17:54. Reason: while i'm here...
Old 27 Aug 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1392591)   #12
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
check his times relevant to loic duvals. they're very similar in almost every race. the issue is with the car, and they can't find the right setup. if the setups not there and the engine's not up to mercedes standards, no matter how good james is as a driver, it's just not going to happen.
But I don't understand how the issue can be with the car and Signature can't find the right setup. As I say, he was scoring high points, podiums and a win in the first half of the season, so whats changed? Surely they can't suddenly take a step backwards and not be able to set the car up? Okay I know it hasn't got a Merc engine, but he was regularly beating some of the Merc runners in the first half of the season.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1392598)   #13
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
its just bad luck. i think being a bar test driver comes with a midseason bad luck tag as carroll had extremem bad luck in gp2 which has ruined his results too!

james as a driver is arguably as good or even better than anyone on the grid but he just hasnt got much luck...
Old 27 Aug 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1392600)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he was running with the top finishers in 4 races maybe. those were pau (they're good there), 2 wet races at spa, and maybe the 2nd noris race, where he was still a long way off hamilton's pace. it's just not as simple as saying they've taken a step back, they've never had a handle on the car to anywhere near the right level.

james has luck, it's just when you're in the midfield you're gonna get involved in accidents, and if you don't spend much time there, you're not going to know how to avoid the avoidables. croft last year in bf3 for example. snetterton last year. all of this year's ones too.

hirate needs a slap for today's though, he just changed course and swerved into james and that took out carbone too. that was a nasty accident...
Old 27 Aug 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1392649)   #15
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
its just bad luck. i think being a bar test driver comes with a midseason bad luck tag as carroll had extremem bad luck in gp2 which has ruined his results too!
I suppose it is just bad luck then, good link with Carroll there! But what still baffles me is his pace in qualifying in the second half of the season, nowhere near as good as it was in the first.

If you look at the first 8 races, he scored an impressive 45 points! And after that, starting at Oschersleben, continuing onto Norisring and Nurburgring, he has scored a mighty....2 points. It just shows it must be major back luck. What is impressive is that he still holds 4th place in the ch'ship, just 6 points away from Di Grassi, and he has only had a highest finish of 7th in the last 6 races! If he had continued to score how he did up to and including Monaco- he would have had an easy 3rd place in the ch'ship and could have even challenged Sutil for second, which he was doing in the first half of the year.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1392664)   #16
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
I suppose it is just bad luck then, good link with Carroll there! But what still baffles me is his pace in qualifying in the second half of the season, nowhere near as good as it was in the first.

If you look at the first 8 races, he scored an impressive 45 points! And after that, starting at Oschersleben, continuing onto Norisring and Nurburgring, he has scored a mighty....2 points. It just shows it must be major back luck. What is impressive is that he still holds 4th place in the ch'ship, just 6 points away from Di Grassi, and he has only had a highest finish of 7th in the last 6 races! If he had continued to score how he did up to and including Monaco- he would have had an easy 3rd place in the ch'ship and could have even challenged Sutil for second, which he was doing in the first half of the year.

cheers, i always try to get some sort of link with adam! but yes i think with james, despite the qualifying, he always seems to have been involved in accidents that were not his fault. it seems along time ago when he won in germany. i was thinking we were on for an all brit title tangle but it hasnt happened.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1392872)   #17
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black flag for Austin....
Old 28 Aug 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1392873)   #18
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Ignoring a drive through penalty...not smart!
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1392882)   #19
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton wins the race and the championship.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1392894)   #20
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Well done Lewis Hamilton!! The boy done good.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1392896)   #21
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Well Austin had a bad time this weekend didn't he! As for Rossiter, 45 points in the first 8 races, 2 points in the last 8 races.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1392906)   #22
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes congradulations to Lewis Hamilton for showing exceptional talent, focus and consistancy!
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1392915)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The only thing I don't understand about James is why his side of the team can't get the set-up right. Moreau's sister car seems to have been pretty good this weekend.

Congratulations to Lewis on a job well done, although inevitably people will say it is no more than he should have done with that combination of team and engine. I would have been even more impressed if he had stayed with Manor and done it with them.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:33 (Ref:1392920)   #24
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
he had the best car out there. but that would only have brought on more pressure to succeed. and succeed he did. well done lewis.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1392971)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very well done to Lewis Hamilton.

Onwards and upwards.

Part of the job of being a driver is getting the best package to drive - so he shouldn't be criticised for that.