Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1335191)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or is Paul Stoddard becoming terribly irritating?

He's like a little terrier with one objective: get max get fia.

a part of me was hoping that he didnt race so that the FIA would have been able to throw him out of the championship.

The guy's team got more points that they ever achieved. his drivers did well, but to be with the in crowd, he says something silly, like, "these points mean nothing".

even his driver has a sensible analysis of the situation. why not him?

Christijan Albers: (Minardi): "Yeah, of course, it is not really good for Formula One. Also you have to be fair in life. Michelin has always had some advantages to Bridgestone. I think they were always a little bit maybe on the limit. I don't know. I have no clue. The Michelins were not strong enough for here, and the Bridgestones were strong enough, so you have to give Bridgestone the advantage. This is the result. What shall the teams be really glad with? Even when it is not good for Formula One. But this is life."
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1335206)   #2
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, he's beginning to sound like a scratched record.

He's also trying to justify Minardi's decision to race by blaming it on the Jordan team.

Everyones fault except Paul Stoddard...
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:30 (Ref:1335209)   #3
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not for me. I have admired Paul since 2001 and I don't think he is irritating. I would see where he is coming from and when he says the points mean nothing I reckon he means that it boils down to not much at the end of the day because there are more important issues at hand.

He gave the thumbs-down gesture at Setanta Sports cameras in the middle of the race even though his cars were 4th and 6th, or maybe 5th and 6th.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1335210)   #4
iwilson
Rookie

New Zealand
iwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching on the Dutch broadcaster SBS. They interviewed him part way through - here's the audio track it may change your opinion somewhat.

http://members.chello.nl/e.beurskens..._Interview.mp3
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1335219)   #5
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He strikes me as being a bit of a media hoe, he spends more time in front of the camera stirring things up, rather the promoting his sponsors with on track visibility, but if that’s the way he has to work to bring in the money good luck to him

The comments about only going out because Jordan did what a joke, at least the Jordan boss had the balls to say our tires are ok so we will race and get points, rather than Stoddard’s on the wall comments of, well we agreed not to race if a chicane is not build, but hang on Jordan are going to race so we will, I don't take any pride or pleasure from the points... Go on pull the other one… you will take the financial benefits right ?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1335228)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've had a run in with Paul Stoddard in a pit lane before now. I think (if my memory serves me right) I called him a miserable little cretin (or words to that effect)

What he says is quite true. However, to give credence to what he says, what he should have done was refused to put his cars on the grid. He would have gained far more respect that way in my opinion.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1335235)   #7
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i've heard the audio with Stoddard and i only despise him more. he never once accused Michelin for messing up.

everything was all the fault of Ferrari and the FIA. the guy has basically sold his soul tgo be in with the GPWC. the joke's on him cause the GPWC is never gonna happen and he's gonna be out in the cold.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1335242)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
i've heard the audio with Stoddard and i only despise him more. he never once accused Michelin for messing up.

everything was all the fault of Ferrari and the FIA. the guy has basically sold his soul tgo be in with the GPWC. the joke's on him cause the GPWC is never gonna happen and he's gonna be out in the cold.
So you despise him for not accusing Michelin?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1335244)   #9
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the michelin runners have my sympathy...the only reason my cars are out there is because the Jordans went out"

seriously what a tool. what an idiot
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1335248)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think he is great

I hated what happened in melbourne and that was a sour point and shouldnt of happened , but he is a character thats for sure and if F1 needs anything now to pull it through it is Characters that stand and up and be counted
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1335251)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
He is starting to me off. I felt really sorry for Albers and Friesacher - how must they feel, achieving what may be their best ever results but having their team boss tell anyone who'll listen that it doesn't mean anything? Stoddart could at least have had a bit of sensitivity for his drivers' sake.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 21 Jun 2005 at 00:05. Reason: autocensor dodge
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1335255)   #12
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan733
the michelin runners have my sympathy...the only reason my cars are out there is because the Jordans went out"

seriously what a tool. what an idiot
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1335288)   #13
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just you.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1335314)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
This thread can only go in one direction. Closed.