Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1652971)   #1
Prost1
Rookie

Prost1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica to NASCAR??

SNIP

Roush team president Geoff Smith said the team gave Patrick's family members passes as a favor but had not had any serious discussions of adding Patrick to the team.

``If she's interested, all they have to do is pick up the phone,'' Smith said.

``But they haven't picked up the phone.''
/SNIP

Sorry Prost1. We don't allow full articles and you must post a reference to the source or a link. It is best if you quote the bits that make contribute to the point you want to discuss. I just left one bit left because I didn't know what you thought imporant. See the 10/10ths FAQ: http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php
You quote seemed to be from Associated Press. I have found an article on the web that uses that too http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=171030

Last edited by Adam43; 10 Jul 2006 at 22:37.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1652997)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Prost1 please read the FAQ section about posting full articles http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f..._rules_content

I realize you a new to the forums (welcome BTW ) but we would prefer if you provide a link to articles such as this in future
Old 11 Jul 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1653184)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After her Dad saying its possible she could switch to NASCAR, it seems more likely then not....
Old 11 Jul 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1653364)   #4
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IF she decides to cross over to NASCAR, I hope for her sake she ends up driving for an established team such as Roush Racing. If not I'm afraid she'll end up being another Scott Pruett/Christian Fittipaldi, rather than a Tony Stewart.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1653758)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS01/607110490

TJ spoke out of turn. He's issued a mea culpa through the Indy Star.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Jul 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1653811)   #6
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A deal for Danica to drive for Andretti-Green for next season is apparently a "done deal".

All this NASCAR shenanigans was either a last-minute ploy by the father to milk more money out of AGR or a carefully planned PR move by Simmons-Abramson to get Danica's signing with AGR into the press and appear to be a victory for the IRL over NASCAR.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1653905)   #7
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good move by Danica. With her signing over at AGR I think she can become even more of a star and begin to win races (once AGR gets back around to doing that).

Nascar has enough stars as it is while the IRL only has a few, looks like she preferred to remain a big fish in a small pond.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1653932)   #8
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Danica to AGR? So who's out then? Herta I presume.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1654030)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica NASCAR?
look at what a time Erin Crocker is having- she was a Sprint racer, and is having a devil of a time making the truck work for her. She isn't doing poorly, just not as great as she may have- and she WON a pro race in the World of Outlaws- no small feat- Danica hasn't won anything professionally.
Legge will prove to be the best girl out there now i feel, and where is Sarah fisher? lanhuishing in ARCA and smaller oval series, getting 'developed'. She at least got some poles and a podium at Kentucky...
A pretty face won't make up for a tiny driver in a field of 43- 160 degree cockpit- 3,400 lbs Tanks bashing on a razors edge. Her transition wouldn't be easy i think, and the other girls are doing it better i think, (Crocker the best Oval From the femme development thing going on lately- needs more attention and more coaching to get her to be a more serious threat in Trucks...)
Old 12 Jul 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1654059)   #10
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doubt it, deejay....some sponsorship will follow Danica to AGR if it happens. My guess is that Franchitti, with his reportedly high salary (which no one knows if it's correct or not) would likely go elsewhere. He only signs one-year deals.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 07:50 (Ref:1655115)   #11
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I highly doubt she will be going to AGR -- she's not that impressive once the green flag falls -- and AGR is struggling -- If AGR makes any changes they will land a great driver not an average one.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1655169)   #12
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Her whole gig in IRL is marketing.She's not NASCAR material.I wouldn't be too surprised if she doesn't get an IRL ride at all,and if she does,I suspect it will be a cheap deal for someone.
Just my opinion.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1655429)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was at a Argent conference recently with the top management and some of the big wigs aren't too pleased with danica and their associated sponsorship(I had to ask ). That was their private opinion expressed to me. Who exactly has signed off on that sponsorship and whether she has a base of support in that company, I could not determine.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1656796)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Autosport:

Quote:
Danica Patrick said on Friday she has received a preliminary offer from a NASCAR Nextel Cup team for the 2007 season and doubts an IRL IndyCar Series team can match the money being discussed.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1657144)   #15
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This would be a major blow to open wheel racing in North Ameica. Its a blow to the champ car series as well because it just makes open wheel racing more irrelevent.

How stupid of so many of us (myself included) who derided the fans from each series. It just goes to show the importance of incorporation of the two series pronto.

And both sides need to work out their differnces now, instead of vauge talk of reunting in 2008.

Becasue NASCAR is a threat to the existence of the sport on this continent, they are the enemy, or at least the competition.

And I hate NASCAR
Old 15 Jul 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1657152)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Well it doesn't look great at all does it? It needs to happen because even the IRL could have 17 cars like Champ Car later on.
Old 18 Jul 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1659220)   #17
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say we take up a collection to keep Danica from going over to "the dark side"...

Juan can make the jump to tin tops...I think Danica (like Erin Crocker mentioned before) would have a heck of a time...
Old 21 Jul 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1661299)   #18
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No collection is needed.The "dark side" has no intrest in her.All of the NASCAR talk was a marketing ploy in my opinion. If she "hits the lottery", AGR will take her to replace Herta.If Rahal wants her,he'd have her.Bottom line: I think she's looking for a ride.I don't believe she's in a pick and choose position.
Old 22 Jul 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1662228)   #19
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TG cannot afford to lose her, I think he will make $ome concessions to any team who signs her.
Old 22 Jul 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1662248)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to today's Indy Star, she won't be going to NASCAR...not yet

One American Open Wheel Series!