Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2001, 17:18 (Ref:105190)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
How much are points and a win worth in terms of £££?

How much is a win worth to someone like Williams?
Will they get X amount of money from sponsers etc?

Also with prost just scoring points what will they get?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 17:29 (Ref:105196)   #2
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that they [the teams] do get a bonus from the FIA, and also get a supplementry bonus from the sponsors as they have won...
Old 14 Jun 2001, 18:21 (Ref:105211)   #3
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The money from the FIA is split depending on a teams position in the whole weekend.
This includes practice, qualifying, and the race. Obviouyly a first in the race is worth more than qualifying first.
For example if a team was first in qualifying but dnf's in the race. They would still recieve money. Sorry, I don't know what the exact percentages are.
Also, I heard some where that a championship point is worth around 1 million US.
It's like a vicious circle for teams like Minardi because if they are constantly bringing up the rear then they get no money and without money, they can't really improve the car..... and vice-versa.

Cheers
Old 14 Jun 2001, 21:21 (Ref:105274)   #4
Niall
Rookie

Niall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda: How did you hear any of this.

All financial prizes are covered by the Concorde agreement. As none outside F1 knows anything about that I find it hard to believe that anyone could even guess at it. probabley just a guess from someone that you read.

Niall
Old 14 Jun 2001, 21:43 (Ref:105277)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please guys, don't start a Dancing-Machine-thread here...

DM: A guy who was part of this Forum, and had some Team Boxes' contacts, or something like that... Maybe VB or somebody else can give us the full story.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 21:54 (Ref:105282)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right Speed.

Sometimes I wonder if this guy could be around with another IP or using somekind of stealth program like webenhancer...
Old 14 Jun 2001, 22:35 (Ref:105291)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be inteeresting to find out how much money the teams get for certain preformance. Obviously it is a lot of money. I wonder if only the top six teams score cash.

I actually think huge preformance related rewards are unfair to teams like Minardi. How can they improve, if they finish 11th in the championship, and then miss out on millions of dollars of revenue from TV rights.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 06:55 (Ref:105406)   #8
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its something like practice and qualifying times, and then position at certain points of the race (which is why teams like Arrows try to get their car up the grid quick at the start).
Old 15 Jun 2001, 15:13 (Ref:105515)   #9
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
I actually think huge preformance related rewards are unfair to teams like Minardi. How can they improve, if they finish 11th in the championship...
Well, that's why they have their two-seats car, to do some marketing and get some sponsors...
Old 15 Jun 2001, 15:32 (Ref:105522)   #10
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Niall
Honda: How did you hear any of this.

All financial prizes are covered by the Concorde agreement. As none outside F1 knows anything about that I find it hard to believe that anyone could even guess at it. probabley just a guess from someone that you read.

Niall
I was watching this show on speedvision.I believe "F1 Saga", they were talking about how money was split up....
Also... Murray Walker was saying a while back that when Prost scored a point in Monaco it was worth around 1 million US.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 22:14 (Ref:105662)   #11
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is supposed to be the best kept secret in motor racing...the FIA prize fund....which I imagine would be pretty substantial...

And er...Dancing Machine? Is this an interesting story?
Old 15 Jun 2001, 22:32 (Ref:105668)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Please guys, don't start a Dancing-Machine-thread here...

DM: A guy who was part of this Forum, and had some Team Boxes' contacts, or something like that... Maybe VB or somebody else can give us the full story.
Did you guys watch fawlty Towers last night? The one where Manuel says: "I know nothing!! I'm from Barcelona"
I have absolutely no idea how much money each of the teams are getting. There is another thread about Prost not getting any money for coming last. If you guys go to that thread, you will find out more about money, and who knows the details. I only give my opinion.
As for Dancing machine, he was that annoying that I used the ignore function and excluded him from the forum posts altogether in my PC. I understand he was finally kicked out, together with Dooley for annoying too many people here.
I have just reached 2000 posts, so I get two entries in the lucky draw for the Ferrari.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 00:54 (Ref:105695)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Valve you're lucky one !!!!!!!

Congratulations !

I just got my PC halting everytime... grrrr !!!!!!!

Let's go for one more 1000...
Old 16 Jun 2001, 11:03 (Ref:105809)   #14
Toca
Rookie

Toca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
points = £££££

Sponsers have been know to pay out a couple of Million pounds per point depending on which team - It is thought Alesi scoring the point has broughting in 2 - 3 million for next year.... If this is true or not just think what 1st and 2nd bring in - no wounder Schui is on 25 - 30 million a season... I think we are in the wrong jobs