Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1439488)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tom Walkinshaw back in F1?

Is former Benetton, Ligier and Arrows chief Tom Walkinshaw coming back to F1?

Lets look at the evidence.

1) Bernie says he's prepared to back a new F1 team run by a "former team principal"

2) Tom's right hand man Danielle Audetto has been seen in the paddock at the last couple of Grands Prix

3) The Leafield facility still exists as essentially a ready-to-go F1 operation

4) Tom's rehabilitated his reputation in Australian V8 Supercars this year

5) He's actively involved in UK Sport, as chairman of the English Premier League Rugby

Would you welcome Tom Walkinshaw back as a team boss?

He's been painted as tricky, conniving, always looking for a loophole to exploit, abrasive etc etc - all of which seems to indicate he'd comfortably fit right back in in F1!
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1439493)   #2
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
4) Tom's rehabilitated his reputation in Australian V8 Supercars this year
He has?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1439495)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't mind seeing him back in F1. Show me a true businessman who isn't ruthless. As a person he's nice, or so I've been told from relatives.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1439497)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well he put together Jaguar (Touringcars) and Bennetton, and thats got more world/european titles than say, Red Bull so yeah, i'll have him back.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1439499)   #5
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Well, he ruined Arrows, but if it means a new team with Honda backing, and the chance for a promising youngster to enter F1, then why not?

He can't be as bad as Colin Kolles.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1439501)   #6
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Surely the clues point more to David Richards?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1439507)   #7
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
or Trevor Carlin.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1439533)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What ever motorsports I seem to watch David Richards is on it! I would rather have him back than Tom Walkinshaw.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1439564)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
I wouldn't mind seeing him back in F1. Show me a true businessman who isn't ruthless. As a person he's nice, or so I've been told from relatives.
Three little letters to solve all woes...

C.O.D.

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Oct 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1439588)   #10
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather go for Richards.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1439596)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are rumours of a 12th team joining F1, with no connectoion to the Honda plans, so it could be that Walkinshaw is behidn that project. All the pieces seem to fit, but I wonder if he would be well-recieved considering his lack of success the first time.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1439632)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubt it will be Walkinshaw for a number of reasons.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1439646)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That 12th team is meant to be a McLaren B team led by Jean Alesi.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1439798)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
That 12th team is meant to be a McLaren B team led by Jean Alesi.
Jean did say on the grid at Suzuka that he hoped to be back but as nothing was finalised he couldn't comment.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1439807)   #15
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
3) The Leafield facility still exists as essentially a ready-to-go F1 operation
Isn't that facility rumoured to be where the new Honda team will run from?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1439808)   #16
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the Arrows disaster I'd imagine there are still quite a few people reluctant to work with ol' Tom in the F1 paddock.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1439883)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I doubt it will be Walkinshaw for a number of reasons.
Care to enlighten us with your wisdom.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1439886)   #18
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
or Trevor Carlin.
How bout Paul Stoddart?? Hes also an ex Team Principal.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1439888)   #19
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
he certainly wont be very welcome with all the mechanics and enginners in the pit lane who got well and truley shafted by him.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1439889)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I've always thought Carlin will be back. I have no evidence, just a 'wim'

...and I wonder if McLaren's old factory just 15 mins from Trevors base might be perfect for him as well.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1439900)   #21
Stargazer7
Racer

Greece
Athens
Stargazer7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
How bout Paul Stoddart?? Hes also an ex Team Principal.
Never, while Mosley is directing or so
Old 21 Oct 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1440045)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Care to enlighten us with your wisdom.
The Arrows fiasco for a start. Well, that's the main thing really.

There were a lot of very unpleasant situations within that whole mess.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1440256)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Paul Stoddart will be back in F1, in one way or another. He will get his OzJet project off the ground (no pun intended), and I'm sure he will be back. For all his out spokenness, he deserves big kudos for resurrecting Minardi, and knowing when to sell, with the right conditions to keep the team going and strong for the future.

Maybe we'll see him replace Max Mosely?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1442008)   #24
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were not many in F1 sad to see Tom go as far as I can remember, he seems pretty tied up with my beloved rugby club at the moment..

Rob
Old 24 Oct 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1442064)   #25
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Isn't that facility rumoured to be where the new Honda team will run from?
Yes, I think I remember Grandprix.com mentioning that. However, as a result of the lack of action in the PR department I just dont see it likely that a team will suddenly appear on the entry list on November 15. If they're too late in the day to announce anything while the F1 world is all together at a circuit then who's going to be listening now. Was quite enthusiastic about the new team talk a few weeks back but now it all seems like rumour. Maybe more likely for 07 but not holding my breath for 06