Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Sep 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1100762)   #1
Flag Wave
Rookie

Flag Wave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help Me Put A Picture On !!!!

Hi there.

Can some on please help me and tell me how to set up a Gallery please.

I can't find any idiots guide (no sarky comments please)!!!!!!

Thanks all!!!!
Old 19 Sep 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1100799)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
You can't set up a gallery on ten-tenths; all you can do here is show pictures as an attachment to a post.

If you want to set up a gallery, you can do that at:
www.marshalspost.com

If you're not already a member, your first step is to join by clicking on 'signup' at the top of the home page. Once you've joined, click onto 'Galleries' & scroll down almost to the bottom of the page. Just above 'Other Galleries' you'll see: 'Click to add your own gallery'. Click onto that & it will open an 'Edit Gallery' window; from there on, just follow the instructions.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1101351)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
You can't set up a gallery on ten-tenths; all you can do here is show pictures as an attachment to a post.
Sorry Dave, but you can no longer put an attachment on 10/10ths, you can only link to photos elsewhere on the internet using the [img] tags. Even more reason to set up a gallery on marshalspost then!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:53 (Ref:1101664)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Sorry Dave, but you can no longer put an attachment on 10/10ths, you can only link to photos elsewhere on the internet using the [img] tags.
That's good news - it stops those long boring threads full of bad-quality pictures which took ages to download!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1102311)   #5
Flag Wave
Rookie

Flag Wave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave hi.

Thanks very much for this!!! Is there a limit on the resolution that can be uploaded. I have a picture from Jeff Bloxham I wish to upload which was sent with a high resolution??

Thanks again.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1102337)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Wave
Is there a limit on the resolution that can be uploaded. I have a picture from Jeff Bloxham I wish to upload which was sent with a high resolution??
I don't know if there's a limit on file size - if there is, you should get an error message if the file's too big. However, for practical reasons it's better to keep resolution fairly low. I reduce everything I upload to websites down to 800 x 600. This has two benefits; firstly, it keeps download times reasonable for those of us on dialup connections, secondly it fits the picture to the screen, as most websites are designed around 800 x 600 pixels.

You can use any photo editing software to reduce the resolution of the picture - if you don't know how to do it, no doubt somebody here will be able to tell you how to do it with the software you're using.