Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Mar 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1545663)   #1
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Toll sponsorship

The latest moves in the Toll - Patrick takeover battle include a series of ACCC demands including the car carrying businesses. A successful takeover will require Toll to jettison either its car carrying business or the Patrick operation.

As a cynical viewer of the sponsorship who believes it includes lots of contra, not much cash, I am interested to see how this plays out.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 00:46 (Ref:1550712)   #2
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The way my accountant sees it moving forward:

- Patricks will be allowed to buy FCL
- Patricks will announce a merger with Linfox (its already agreed if you believe him)
- Toll will have to up its offer substantially, and agree to sell off just about everything, so the deal is dead.

Go Patricks you good thing. Show that Paul Little who's really the boss.

If he runs his company as well as he ran Tratt's race team, then how are Toll's doors still open?

Wanna know something funny?

HRT/HSV/HSVDT's premises at Centre Road Clayton are part of the former Nissan Australia assembly plant. Which was also Volksy at one stage too but anyway.

Linfox bought it from Nissan, and converted it to warehouses, and eventually sold it to one of the related Macquarie Goodman trusts.

So the Toll sponsor money goes to paying rent to a Linfox related company.

Sounds too funny to me

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 01:45 (Ref:1550734)   #3
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh i have heard off a good source that Patrick Will Buy Linfox(No More Linfox Lindseys Sick Of the Transport Business) but i dont think that will happen and why Would Partrick Buy Linfox and then sell to tolls
Weird
Just have to wait and see how it pans out
Old 14 Apr 2006, 03:46 (Ref:1580950)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Toll/Patrick has just been announced as going ahead.

Toll pays $3 plus 0.4 Toll shares for each Patrick share.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 05:00 (Ref:1580969)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Proves the good guys dont always win

A really ordinary day in the transport industry today....

Perhaps when Mr Corrigan gets the shaft from the Toll empire, he can work for Linfox and turn that operation into a Toll beater!!

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Apr 2006, 05:08 (Ref:1580971)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Perhaps when Mr Corrigan gets the shaft from the Toll empire, he can work for Linfox and turn that operation into a Toll beater!!

The news hasn't said anything yet but he has to go doesn't he??

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Apr 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1580973)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Patrick ads in the newspaper were not very kind to Mr Little personally or professionally.

Perhaps Patricks chairman Peter Scanlon can work with the Toll crew of Mr "precious" Little and Mr Rowsthorn, but I somehow doubt Mr Corrigan would be in a position to, or indeed want to.

C'mon Lindsay... make that phone call.. you know you want to
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Apr 2006, 01:12 (Ref:1585469)   #8
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$150M is a pretty good earner for a Friday, even if its not a Public Holiday!!

Happy Easter Mr Corrigan (there's a song in that!!)
Old 17 Apr 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1585470)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Corrigan is a person not to be trusted. I'm not sure about Mr. Little.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1585473)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would actually say the exact opposite pete... but then I have been dealing with Patricks for quite a while...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Apr 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1585511)   #11
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
envy or sour grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Mr Corrigan is a person not to be trusted. I'm not sure about Mr. Little.
So pete, no shares in Lang Corp aka Patricks OR is there a touch of the political in this remark.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1591547)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I would actually say the exact opposite pete... but then I have been dealing with Patricks for quite a while...

see i would say the opposite of you, but i have been a toll shareholder for around 13 years, and Mr Little does all right by me
Old 22 Apr 2006, 06:54 (Ref:1591558)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Little has extended the financial risk in his enterprise to an extent not seen before. The promise is huge. The promises are huge.

The only bloke with the nous to get the whole shebang ticking along like a Tag Heuer watch is in the process of escaping to Europe to go pushbike riding.

Back to the topic... it seems PrixCar will fall into TNT hands, so the imported cars will be looked after by them... as the Toll-run local car delivery service remains intact
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1591566)   #14
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Do not forget Qantas in all of this. they now own 3 very large road ex -press companies as of this week ,with Richard Branson [VIRGIN] about about to pounce as well in the same area of the road freight industry, now the shake out begins in ernest all because of TOLL/ PATRICK.......
Old 22 Apr 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1591570)   #15
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
see i would say the opposite of you, but i have been a toll shareholder for around 13 years, and Mr Little does all right by me
I have been a Toll user for quite some time and while I found the guy's on the ground to be excellent the next level up in management were pretty casual.

I had very tight deadlines too meet (with a million dollar penalty hanging over my head if I didn't meet them) so I couldn't afford to be messed around.

They hardely ever returned phone calls and their accounts section was so bad I had to keep a diary on every job I had them on.

So like I said with tight deadlines I went straight to the drivers and said as soon as you find out you are on my job ring me and we will set the time frames.

Hope I haven't been too critical of Mr Little's company here but that's how I saw it.

Old 22 Apr 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1591577)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The question is who has the $$ to go a-spending. What is likely to happen is that Mr Little will discover what a little air-freight gold mine he has under his thumb at Virgin Blue, and that Qantas will suffer if the Toll air freight component (which is huge in the express courier side) switches carriers.

Presuming they can wade thru the incredible bureaucracy that is Toll to know whats going on.

There are several players on the patch, not all local.

- Qantas
- Australia Post/Startrack
- Linfox
- Macquarie Bank (maybe with Linfox)
- TNT
- Dubai Ports (DP World) the old P&O
- K&S Freighters/Scotts/Ascot

... to name but a few...

The one good thing some of these consolidations may be to introduce new people to the logistics industry. There is a genuine shortage of skilled warehouse operatives, warehouse controllers, pallet controllers etc etc with skill and competence and experience...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1591583)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
I have been a Toll user for quite some time and while I found the guy's on the ground to be excellent the next level up in management were pretty casual.

I had very tight deadlines too meet (with a million dollar penalty hanging over my head if I didn't meet them) so I couldn't afford to be messed around.

They hardely ever returned phone calls and their accounts section was so bad I had to keep a diary on every job I had them on.

So like I said with tight deadlines I went straight to the drivers and said as soon as you find out you are on my job ring me and we will set the time frames.

Hope I haven't been too critical of Mr Little's company here but that's how I saw it.
I totally hear that. The thing that annoys me about the larger 3PLs is that they discover there is some talent in one of their operations in a long term contract, and they extract them to go work on new business, and leave whoever is left to manage the existing customer.

Not good form, and sometimes not worth the huge premium charged over doing it efficiently yourself.

Not all operators in the game are the same.. thankfully...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Apr 2006, 04:14 (Ref:1594286)   #18
roger ward
Rookie

roger ward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toll Sponsorship

Very interestin comments . I would not be worrying too much about Chris Corrigan , he is a very smart operator and I doubt there was anyone around this industry who could have handled the stevedores and the unions the way he did . He will be back , given the debt of Toll's who knows what is likly to happen . Remember Alan Bond .

Nice to read of the attitude to service from Tolls as a smaller but National Freight Company we sit in a very nice spot , plenty of business will fall off as a result of this take-over .Keep spending up big on the race cars Mr Little and enjoy your time in the sun .
Old 25 Apr 2006, 04:40 (Ref:1594292)   #19
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ward
Very interestin comments . I would not be worrying too much about Chris Corrigan , he is a very smart operator and I doubt there was anyone around this industry who could have handled the stevedores and the unions the way he did .
While I wasn't personally involved in Mr Corrigans actions here I was only a couple of kilometeres from the *action* and drove through there many times and witnessed many the of the incidents, it has left me with very little respect for the man.

OK I know there was right and wrong on both sides but there was one incident that actually left us laughing and the police severly embarressed.

Old 25 Apr 2006, 05:05 (Ref:1594298)   #20
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have had dealings with Toll on a fair few occassions and i agree with Roger, except that i find it hard to find someone that knows what is going on, even on the ground. I don't think anybody talks to each other in different levels of employment. I usually found you had to make a phone call from within their yard to management to get anywhere. My experience also exposed a bit of arrogance amongst the younger management mainly.
With Patrick i found it even more difficult.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 05:08 (Ref:1594300)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The police rarely enjoy executing their authority in union disputes. Its difficult to work out who is legally 'right' and 'wrong' and for the most part it takes some kind of inappropriate action on one side or the other for a direction to be taken.

I have watched the police look on as industrial action saw employees lay in front of trucks and forklifts and other life-risking things while in dispute with their employer. It was only when the forklift 'accidentally' dropped a pallet near the people taking a doze in its path that the fracas started and the boys in blue intervened.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Apr 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1594301)   #22
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
The police rarely enjoy executing their authority in union disputes. Its difficult to work out who is legally 'right' and 'wrong' and for the most part it takes some kind of inappropriate action on one side or the other for a direction to be taken.

I have watched the police look on as industrial action saw employees lay in front of trucks and forklifts and other life-risking things while in dispute with their employer. It was only when the forklift 'accidentally' dropped a pallet near the people taking a doze in its path that the fracas started and the boys in blue intervened.
This one was a *gun* that wasn't a *gun* deal with half the police force there.

eta....the *gun* was a grease gun.

Old 25 Apr 2006, 05:16 (Ref:1594303)   #23
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
I have had dealings with Toll on a fair few occassions and i agree with Roger, except that i find it hard to find someone that knows what is going on, even on the ground. I don't think anybody talks to each other in different levels of employment. I usually found you had to make a phone call from within their yard to management to get anywhere. My experience also exposed a bit of arrogance amongst the younger management mainly.
With Patrick i found it even more difficult.
pete just on your thing the drivers I dealt with were left overs from Finemores.

Had a little bit to do with Patricks and never ever got anything other than the big run around.