Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 May 2004, 21:53 (Ref:971959)   #1
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mascots etc

We've all heard of and seen photos of Evilpumpkins "Alien Marshal", I can now attach a photo of the infamous Sheila M Broomstick, as seen today at Donington.

Anyone else take mascots on post with them?
Attached Thumbnails
the broomstick.jpg  
Old 16 May 2004, 21:07 (Ref:972791)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good pictures Jason. However I would like to point out that the broomstick is not actually a mascot. IT'S MY TRANSPORT!!!
Old 17 May 2004, 15:38 (Ref:973487)   #3
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a squeaky neon-orange rubber crab named Clawed, and his beany-baby wife Clawedette. I don't quite remember how they showed up but I think it had something to do with a KMart in Monterey CA and a lot of wine.

They watch the races with me (except if it rains, when Clawedette has to go in my pocket to stay dry), and it's now well-known that "squeaking the crab" will cause an incident.

Two years ago at the hairpin at Long Beach a cupcake from Speed channel asked me what the crabs were for, and I explained about the squeak function. She said, "Oh get out," and leaned over and gave Clawed a good squeak. Patrick Carpentier promptly clipped the apex and spun it big time -- and I mean within one second of the squeak. She jumped a foot and backed away slowly, while I put on an evil grin!

Those of you coming to Le Mans will see Clawed and Clawedette at poste 61. No squeaking allowed THERE!!

keke

Last edited by racerkeke; 17 May 2004 at 15:40.
Old 17 May 2004, 20:07 (Ref:973742)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to know it's not just us this side of the Pond that are totally bonkers!

By the way, for anyone who is wondering I also have a nice hat that goes with the broomstick. Pointed of course And the best bit of all is its ORANGE!!! (nicely decorated with black bats!)
Old 17 May 2004, 20:17 (Ref:973749)   #5
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mascots etc

Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore

Anyone else take mascots on post with them?
EERrrrrmmmmm new round here eh Jason ?????

take a look at this gallery of our "mascot's" adventures !!!!

Harry's Travels
Old 17 May 2004, 21:03 (Ref:973803)   #6
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have - two teddies in overals (One orange, one who swaps between black and BRSCC rescue green!), Bertie the badge wearing beagle last seen 'supervising'the assembly area at Mallory, Reba, and finally Marshal Hound Dog Palmer, complete with BMMC membership card that a marshal who is somewhat slightly more insane than myself 'sorted'
Old 17 May 2004, 21:36 (Ref:973846)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Mascots etc

Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
EERrrrrmmmmm new round here eh Jason ?????
When I posted I had just finished 3 1/2 hours of photo sorting from the Britcar race. I was tired and not thinking (nothing new there then I hear Sheila say)
Old 17 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:973852)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best of it is, I even found a picture of Barney, my mascot, on somoene else's site - Joy Rainey's Shelsley gallery had a rather fetching close-up of him.
Old 19 May 2004, 07:53 (Ref:975166)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Bah - Alien Marshal is still the most famous though!

Look at the kind of people who queue up to meet him!

We also have Marshal Monkey (one of a very few limited editions by Jean Howarth! ) and Rescue Monkey. Marshal Monkey has been taking a break as he's knitted and we only bring him out if we are reasonably sure he's not going to get wet (note to self: must get raingear for Marshal Monkey).

Rescue Monkey is still waiting for his new green overalls to be finished. Of course, he's been waiting for 2 years now, so watch this space......!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 19 May 2004 at 07:56.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:38 (Ref:975345)   #10
Grahambangers
Rookie

Grahambangers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
epw...hello
We (amanda and I) also have have a Jean Howarth original.
We took the pleasure of ownership a couple of years ago at an AGM raffle.
He has done a few meets but doesn't like the rain.
He has One club foot and the other has pete's cup of tea in it...(dropped just after birth)
maybe one day the family will meet up..
I know chris coote (recovery at cadwell) is also the proud owner...
Old 19 May 2004, 12:37 (Ref:975403)   #11
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We (amanda and I).
Would that be the Amanda of "Didn't Andy Rouse do well" infamy???

Old 19 May 2004, 23:05 (Ref:975970)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, EP, but Lord MArch signed Harry's overalls, and I heard Derek Bell actually came looking for him.
Old 20 May 2004, 08:37 (Ref:976260)   #13
Short Circuit
Rookie

England
Lincolnshire
Short Circuit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of you seem to be forgetting audi TB my girlfriends mascot who managed to cather all of the 2003 btcc drivers autographs on his custom made marshals overalls. He is also well known for his likeness to a "pork pie"!!
Old 20 May 2004, 19:23 (Ref:976921)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Sorry, EP, but Lord MArch signed Harry's overalls, and I heard Derek Bell actually came looking for him.
and here's the link to prove it !!

Harry and His Lordship

and then..........

Derek Bell

not to mention....

Harry and the World's Most Famous Marshal

but also......

Harry and a full Ferrari support team !!!!!
Ferrari

Can't wait to see just what he gets up to this year !!!!