Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2001, 13:43 (Ref:91748)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M. Schumacher second place

Well Ferrari dit it again. They let win M. Schumacher before Barichello. I dont know what to think of it but for me it is not fair. If I whas a F1 driver Schumacher could put his second place somewhere it is verry dark I would never let him past.
I dont hate him but its not fair for the other drivers.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:45 (Ref:91752)   #2
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope TGF feels proud of his hard earned second place...

As much as I don't like RB he deserved that second place.

C
Old 13 May 2001, 13:46 (Ref:91755)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens drove the better race on the day.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:47 (Ref:91756)   #4
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Rubens drove the better race on the day.
7th to win? i think it was DC...

C
Old 13 May 2001, 13:48 (Ref:91758)   #5
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me the man of the race would be Jos Verstappen 6 place from 16 place
Old 13 May 2001, 13:52 (Ref:91765)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Carla O

7th to win? i think it was DC...

I meant better than TGF, DC was the man today.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:53 (Ref:91766)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If TGF has any capacity for shame, he will be feeling it today. He cheated his teammate out of a second place, and he lied on the stand about what happened between him and Montoya. Good for Rubens for saying straight out that Michael was handed that position. It's time this pretense that this is "sportsmanship" and that TGF "earned" the positions he has been handed by playing politics was ended. If Bernie wants to stop this "bringing the sport into disrepute" this is the time to hit Ferrari with a big fine for what they did today.

And wasn't it nice of Rubens to completely ignore his teammate on the stand and tactful of TGF to keep away from him.

Good win for DC but the politics suck.
Old 13 May 2001, 13:54 (Ref:91768)   #8
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon

I meant better than TGF, DC was the man today.
oh i see, the Ferrari man of the day, you meant...

yeah he was...
Old 13 May 2001, 14:17 (Ref:91797)   #9
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't McL fined after that Melborne fiasco (98 i think)??
Old 13 May 2001, 15:43 (Ref:91860)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yeah they were but Bernie has openly admitted he supports Ferrari so they are immune from the rule book. It's not right that teams do not ompete on equal ground.
Old 13 May 2001, 16:17 (Ref:91872)   #11
GrAC3R
Rookie

GrAC3R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone could plainly see that Barichello was deserving of 2nd place, but given the opportunity any other team would have pulled the same tactics as Ferrari. So what may i ask is everyone's problem?
And Liz.... you were just a tad melodramatic dont ya think?

Nice to meet you all by the way
Old 13 May 2001, 16:44 (Ref:91883)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Liz Liz! One second here..One the one hand I agree that Ruben's very much deserved to take his well earned second place BUT any other team who had a driver leading the championship would surely do exactly the same thing..Ron Dennis, and I quote "I do feel somewhat closer to Mika, I sat at his bedside for three days in Adelaide after his shunt" When asked about winning races he also said "I do not care which of my drivers wins" TGF is ahead in the points, and therefore is Ferrari's best hope to win the WDC..If I was paying someone what Ferrari pay him then I would have given the same order....Team Orders
Old 13 May 2001, 16:47 (Ref:91884)   #13
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis openly admited after the race that his McLaren team would not have imposed team orders if he was in the same situation. I believe it would be the same at every other team in the pitlane, as Ferrari are the only team which operates such a dispicable one driver policy. For them to claim it was for the championship at this early stage of the season is laughable, and we can only hope that at some stage the FIA clamp down on Ferraris current tactics.

BTW, what satisfaction can TGF get out of his points he gets from this type of procedure, and therefore the championship itself, if he wins it.
Old 13 May 2001, 16:47 (Ref:91885)   #14
roz
Rookie

roz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a business decision made by the team. We have to respect on that. Guess other teams (provided in the situation) would do the same. Anyway, we all know who had the best drive on the day, don't we?
Old 13 May 2001, 17:03 (Ref:91894)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am sure that Michael Schumacher does not enjoy be handed points like this, and futhermore does not need to be handed races..I could not agree more Roz..
Old 13 May 2001, 17:10 (Ref:91899)   #16
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it were the final race of the season and the WDC were on the line, I would accept it. Its too early in the season still to pull such moves. However if the title were to be decided in October by two points to Coulthard's favor, we might all look back and say "What if?"

All I know though is that the surest way to kill an employee's enthusiasm is to squash and squander their accomplishments.

My best guess, Barrichello is on the way out and he's going to start playing by his own rules. Unfortunately, there are very few days when he can actually beat TGF.
Old 13 May 2001, 17:17 (Ref:91902)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...which is why what Ferrari did was regretably understandable. I think it stinks, but you can see why.
Old 13 May 2001, 19:47 (Ref:92000)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I was under the impression that the winner of the WDC was the guy who drove best over the season, not the guy who has best managed to wind the team he's in around his little finger.
Old 14 May 2001, 02:05 (Ref:92115)   #19
GrAC3R
Rookie

"Ron Dennis openly admited after the race that his McLaren team would not have imposed team orders if he was in the same situation."

Of course, as if Mr Dennis would condone what Ferrari did.
Its highly unlikely he would admit otherwise, and so whatever statement he makes must be true eh? I mean this is to the press afterall....

"I believe it would be the same at every other team in the pitlane, as Ferrari are the only team which operates such a dispicable one driver policy."

Hmmm since when were you given voice to speak on behalf of the other F1 Teams? who can say what a team may or may not do? But, please go ahead and spout forth your anti Schumacher/Ferrari rhetoric, it is amusing to read...

Dont get me wrong i do not agree with such strategies, but i do expect such things to take place and it was (no matter how much people dislike it) from my point of view the "sensible" course of action to take.
Old 14 May 2001, 02:09 (Ref:92117)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Carla O

What is there not to like about Rubens Barichello?
Old 14 May 2001, 03:14 (Ref:92128)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do any of the other teams have such practices, when their drivers are not even in for the championship fight?!!!

Anyway, yeah sure...only Ferrari is despicable aye? Like leaving out DC for so many bloody laps in Spa last year, like Benetton giving Fisi a far superior car to Wurz...sure...Mclaren doesnt stink...my ar*e neither then...

Precisely why Jean Todt is made to lead Ferrari, not us...cos he makes the decisions best for the team...
Old 14 May 2001, 03:43 (Ref:92130)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by ozywoodwards

BTW, what satisfaction can TGF get out of his points he gets from this type of procedure, and therefore the championship itself, if he wins it.
Not as much as he got when he ran Damon off the track in Adelaide, that's for sure. This guy and his team have no morals. Too bad Rubens will also get shafted in August when he finds that Ferrari no longer wants him, even though they still insist they want him.

Bernie wouldn't have the guts to even comment on this team orders charade.

It is interesting, on the other thread, that TGF openly admits that Ferrari has a different set of team orders philosophy to other teams. The guy has no ideals, no pride in himself or in the value of the WDC.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 14 May 2001 at 03:45.
Old 14 May 2001, 05:06 (Ref:92147)   #23
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barichello is a whiner. The guy has been in F1 forever yet he has never been able to break from that mediocre performance mode of his. I bet seeing the younger guys perform so well makes him sore as he is getting more and more convinced that he must give up his dream of ever becoming WDC...And when the other guys have a bad day he tries to bite the hand that feeds him--where would he be without ferrari--somewhere in the middle, still trying to score his first win perhaps.
Old 14 May 2001, 05:30 (Ref:92151)   #24
GrAC3R
Rookie

"The guy has no ideals, no pride in himself or in the value of the WDC."

Im sorry Valve Bounce i didnt realize you were all knowing on the inner workings of MS's psyche. Geeez i guess you are either (A)infact Schumacher or (B)your a close personal friend with a degree in psychology? Or perhaps what your saying is just utter speculation based on your dislike of him? its a tough call......
You judge a person by there actions, so therefore you have deemed him as such because of them. You cannot however rant on about MS having no pride, and a lack of understanding in regards to what the WDC means, because only the person in question knows these things...

Why must people insist on bad mouthing others to try and justify their opinions??? Its only a sport remember....
Old 14 May 2001, 05:50 (Ref:92158)   #25
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by GrAC3R
"The guy has no ideals, no pride in himself or in the value of the WDC."

Im sorry Valve Bounce i didnt realize you were all knowing on the inner workings of MS's psyche. Geeez i guess you are either (A)infact Schumacher or (B)your a close personal friend with a degree in psychology? Or perhaps what your saying is just utter speculation based on your dislike of him? its a tough call......
You judge a person by there actions, so therefore you have deemed him as such because of them. You cannot however rant on about MS having no pride, and a lack of understanding in regards to what the WDC means, because only the person in question knows these things...

Why must people insist on bad mouthing others to try and justify their opinions??? Its only a sport remember....
Well if you read the full text of the post race conference here, http://www.atlasf1.com/news/report.php/id/4380/.html
you will know where I am coming from. Basically, he thinks it is fine for team orders to be given to his team mate, who he admits is faster than he is, and who still had a chance of winning. I am not the only one to think this is cheating - this question was also put to TGF by the interviewer. OK, so he admits he was not the only person wanting to give these team orders to Rubens, that doesn't make it right.
How can anyone have pride in the WDC when he knows that he cheated his team mate for the points? You tell me!! Also from this race on, Rubens will be asked to hand over points to TGF if he was in the same position again. Aftre Jerez, he was proven to be a liar also.
As for "only the person in question knows these things", read what Rubens had to say about being asked repeatedly to let TGF past.