Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Sep 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2284736)   #1
Luke Kinsella
Rookie

Luke Kinsella has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kinsella Park

I like this track, my favourite one...
I've projected it to sum up all the characteristics of my style... natural tracks sorrounded by green, with tricky corners and quick sections.

It's a track which could host GT and Touring cars, as well as bikes.

Ah, and some track days too

Should be fun to drive, especially in the section on the right and in the last bend.

I think spectators have a good view from the three grandtands, which are positioned in the most important corners.

The main straight is 840 metres, the start/finish straight is 450 m.
The track is clockwise.

There are (I think ) two clear overtaking points, with the possible add of the hairpin for the bikes... I think bikes can overtake there (but they overtake almost everywhere in fact)

As you can see from the picture, the track also offers Archery and Rowing activities!

All the infos you need are on the map

What do you think?
Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Last edited by Luke Kinsella; 8 Sep 2008 at 14:50.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2284796)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a nice shape, but I think you need to think about your scale a bit more. Not just for circuit length, but also the amount of space that the track plus run-off actually takes up.

The 450m S/F while a bit short is ok, but when you draw the pits into it, then with the pit entry on the inside of the final corner, the pitlane should really take up all of the S/F with the pit exit immediately after T1 something like either Silverstone or even Spa, with a "Don't cross" line stopping cars or bikes coming straight out from the pits into the racing line.

At just 3km, the rowing lake that you've included might be better described as a fishery or angling centre... it's way too small for rowing, (the sport of rowing is usually done over a 2km straight course), I have no idea about the requirements of facilities for Archery, but again I would suspect that arrangements would be rather tight. Especially once a bridge over the track is added into mix, to gain entry to the infield facilities whatever they may be.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2284979)   #3
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBF,
I think the rowing lake was meant for leisure rowing, not the sport

I like the track too - for me it seems it could do with a tad bit more turns though.

Also, the 3 stands don't seem enough to make this track profitable - unless the archery range and the rowing lakes draw a huge profit - which they might

One last thing:I'd definitely put a gravel trap at the Hill corner. I guess that's about the most dangerous corner of the track.

bio

PS: Isn't it rather "Winklehoek"?
Old 8 Sep 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2284989)   #4
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks a bit like a combination of mosport and road atlanta. I like it though. My only complaint is that it needs to be a bit longer.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2285025)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love it, I'm happy with the size of it. Some of the greatest circuits in the World are really short.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2285046)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice track. I agree on the pits. Designing short tracks that work anyway is more of a challenge then to create fantasytracks without any limits, and you succeeded. Well done.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2285132)   #7
Luke Kinsella
Rookie

Luke Kinsella has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
Nice track. I agree on the pits. Designing short tracks that work anyway is more of a challenge then to create fantasytracks without any limits, and you succeeded. Well done.
Yes, that's it

I like short tracks, because I'm too lazy to mown acres of grass
Old 9 Sep 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2285196)   #8
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bio, it's spelt "Winkelhock" if you're referring to the deceased driver's surname.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2285217)   #9
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I can't get into your link Luke. Imageshack is blocked at school (I'm there now) and I can't get into it using unblocker sites. Sorry, but don't think I'm not gonna have my say on your new track.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2285386)   #10
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I knew the Dutch name Winklehoek that's why I thought it was misspelt. Sorry and thx for the info, TW.

Gr0
Old 9 Sep 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2285543)   #11
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who might that mister Winkelhoek be? I don't know him.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2285705)   #12
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind it being fast and short. Cevert through to Moore is my favorite section - looks like it could be fun. It's good, the only suggestions I would make would be to tighten up Winkelhock and the unnamed sweeper that connects the exit of Brise to the back straight. Otherwise, job well done!
Old 10 Sep 2008, 02:29 (Ref:2286175)   #13
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Well Werner, I was referring to the the deceased Manfred Winkelhock who was killed at Mosport '85. I checked the posts and I couldn't find anything mentioning any Winkelhocks.

EDIT: My BIG bad! Now I know why bio mentioned Winkelhock. I'm unable to view the track so I wouldn't know. Well I've figured out that the corners are named after deceased drivers.....

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 10 Sep 2008 at 02:32.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2286566)   #14
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Yes, I saw that. I'm still curious who that Winkelhoek from Holland might be....
Old 10 Sep 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2286689)   #15
bio
Veteran

Hungary
I don't know, just recalled the name.