Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1944188)   #1
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best News of the Year

eat this James Allen....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/radio/a6...mentating.html
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:15 (Ref:1944195)   #2
MonkeyDeath
Rookie

England
Southampton, hampshire
MonkeyDeath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many true F1 fans witll have ITv on mute and 5 live on the radio as their main comentry for that race.

i know i will

it would be good to find out how many people will do this,
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1944205)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray is great for 10 for the Aus GP ITV are boring why can't he have gone to ITV atleast then we could get rid of one goose.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1944204)   #4
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bye-Bye ITV commentry........

Hello 5Live

Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1944208)   #5
MonkeyDeath
Rookie

England
Southampton, hampshire
MonkeyDeath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
Murray is great for 10 for the Aus GP ITV are boring why can't he have gone to ITV atleast then we could get rid of one goose.
he did go to ITV but 3 years ago IIRC he retired from commentating and James **** Allen took over his mic
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1944213)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i know he was there if he is comming out of retirement he should go back to ITV and get rid of the goose who replaced him.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1944250)   #7
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing is I like Martin's commentary. I just think I could do a better job than james allen. Not hard though is it?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1944259)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I don't mind James Allen. Is there something wrong with me?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1944272)   #9
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I don't mind James Allen. Is there something wrong with me?
Yes there is.

VERY VERY WRONG......
Old 22 Jun 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1944282)   #10
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Mute ITV sound and Turn the radio on!!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1944285)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Yes there is.

VERY VERY WRONG......
Oh dear. What's the cure?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1944310)   #12
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is, with all due respect, Murray used to miss a lot and make a lot of mistakes 5 years ago or how ever long it was. Now he's pushing 84.........

Is this really the best we can do?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1944313)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Murray's mistakes came from over-excitement and an over-eagerness to describe everything. James' come from basic stupidity. In the last race he said Vettel went off at turn 1 to avoid the Ralf/DC/Rubens crash, even though that happened behind him and several seconds earlier, for example.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1944322)   #14
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amier
Mute ITV sound and Turn the radio on!!
i've been doing that for months! remember, this is usually five live EXTRA the F1 commentary is on, so you can't get it on old fashioned wireless
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1944366)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Can you get it online?

RE Murray, well, I would not want him back on ITV. I personally think he should've retired 3 or 4 years before he did. I personally thought his rate of errors, and what not, had increased to the point where it was getting somewhat detrimental.

I think having him back fulltime would be a mistake on any provider's part. The odd one here and there, though, for sure, is still good.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1944371)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe he would be good in the pits with the respect he has from the drivers, they might be more forthcoming about stuff to him?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1944382)   #17
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hepatic, your avatar is hilarious!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1944439)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murray was brilliant during his days, but by the end the over-excitement was being overlooked for the number of errors being made. It was all part of the Walker persona and he was loved by all, but you could tell by the end that Brundle was getting a tad fed up with it all by the time Murray closed his commentating career.

I'll be tuning in next weekend whatever the case. Formula One coverage in Britain has missed that sparkle of the fire-in-the-pants excitement that Murray Walker used to bring. He has been missed.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1944446)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Murray did get a bit irritating towards the end. He was so pro-Schumacher it was painful and his errors were getting a bit much.

However, he had the charisma, the knowledge all the same and his replacement is like a Murray without the magic. And intelligence.

You bet I'll be tuning in for this.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1944448)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Which brings me back to my earlier question about if there is anyway to tune into FiveLive online? Clearly, a LIVE stream.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1944462)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1944466)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Ta. I was not sure if the BBC site would be delayed or live.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1944508)   #23
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
i've been doing that for months! remember, this is usually five live EXTRA the F1 commentary is on, so you can't get it on old fashioned wireless
Not true, most, if not all races are covered on 5 Live unless there is a big footie match on. However, be aware that watching on TV with sound mute is fine with terrestrial TV but there is a delay on Digital TV which puts the action out of sync for a couple of seconds...dos'nt sound much but highly irritating when the cars leave the grid and appear to jump the start!! Don't know how it would be if you listen on-line - however you could also have the live timing screens up from the F1 website for a complete picture.

Go 5 Live!! I have not heard a muppet Allen commentary for 3 years now - always listen to the radio and have frequently recommended it here as well....
Old 22 Jun 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1944519)   #24
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
YES this is brilliant news. F1 misses Murray, i'm sorry... I know he made errors, but the sheer excitement is so missed. This new school F1 era will look even more credible with the legendary voice of Murray over it

Selby
Old 23 Jun 2007, 01:05 (Ref:1944695)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Which brings me back to my earlier question about if there is anyway to tune into FiveLive online? Clearly, a LIVE stream.

No I have tried that before Dutton...The BBC "due to contractual obligations we are unable to bring you this broadcast" bugger is what I say!