Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2486766)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The time has come

The last couple of years we've been discussing here about how Max and the FIA have been dictating Formula 1 and I've been always trying to show my opinions through a different perspective, not always accepted by some and sometimes supported by others. While some would keep pointing at the bickering between teams and colors, not to mention the rest, I always claimed that the war for power waged by Max was the main issue. And now we've come to this.
Forget teams, bosses, names and colors and focus in the person and his actions during these couple of years.

And so it comes here and now.

I'm going to say what I think once and for all, because I know that many of you might have been confused with my posts and threads during the past few weeks.

Crystal clear : I don't believe that there will be a breakway series and a F1 championship with the proposed new regulations. I believe there will be one and only championship in 2010, the Formula One championship.

From what I know, the FOTA was born with a primary mission, and this mission is to take down Max Mosley. Certainly it will continue to exist once the mission is accomplished, with new objectives, obviously.

Let's see the big picture; Tomorrow, saturday, Mosley will announce the 13 teams that will be in the 2010 season. Putting aside all the legal issues that cover up the real trouble for Max, does he have 13 teams ? Not really. If there are 6 teams in that list, with all that it takes to design, build and power a couple of cars, he'll be lucky. And the count is getting shorter by the minute.

Mosley is now all alone. Today, Bernie was asked about the split : "You have to ask Max." That's an answer that puts Mosley in the corner, blaming him for what's going on. No doubt about it.

The 8 teams from FOTA, will keep working in a 2010 car under their proposed regulations.
After last Mosley's absurdity from yesterday, the teams gathered together knowing what to do, it was all done. Like I said in another post, there are clear patterns of psychopathology in Mosley actions. The hunger to prove, first to himself, that he has power over everyone, in the very same way that he was educated at home, by his father.

His ill-mannered reactions were highly aggravated by his age, the break up with Ferrari when FOTA was created, his son's tragic death and all the stress brought by a worldwide exposure of his sick sexual preferences.

His budget cap proposition is unreal. To control costs in a complex operation that involves several pieces produced in different countries, like an F1 team, is almost impossible. FOTA's proposal, conceived by the teams, is effectly possible, aligned with the teams administration, and more than anybody else, they know exactly what are the costs involved in F1.

To get things worst, he added the 8th paragraph in the appendix of the Sporting Code, related to change in the rules, giving him all powers to do whatever he wants. Honestly, there are enough tyrants in this planet.

So... WHAT REALLY HAPPENS NOW ?

Wednesday, Paris, there will be the WMSC meeting. There, it will be the place and the moment that Mosley will fall down . Up to wednesday, Bernie, FOTA, Williams and Force India will work together to find an agreement that will find a common ground for fixing the 2010 rules and ending Max personal fantasies. Bookmark this page.

That's not all, it will be the end for Max plans for more four years as president of the FIA. All the events, like in a chess game, have brought us to this point; last night the pieces moved for a kill... checkmate ! Cornered he will try to counterattack with a final blow.He might cause some harm yet, but not for very long. Thanks to him, Formula One has evolved, he was brilliant and resourceful, as a team boss, constructor and president, but his hunger for power had him lost and did some nasty damage to motorsport like the desctruction of Ron Dennis. Who could be the next ? That can't be left without a response.

Now it's the time.

Very special thanks to Livio for all the important insight in our common point of view.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2486770)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Before you respond, read what Bononi has posted a couple of times please...
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2486809)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
'Still the most likely scenario' then.

"Tomorrow, saturday, Mosley will announce the 13 teams that will be in the 2010 season."

Actually,no he won't.

"Like I said in another post, there are clear patterns of psychopathology in Mosley actions."

My wife reckons that there are at least three more in the F1 paddock that show the same traits.

It should also be pointed out that the WMSC voted through the new regulations after they had been discussed by the teams and agreed previously.

This is not about Max Mosley.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2486811)   #4
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But if Max is going to go, who's going to replace him?

His position may be strengthened, as he said in an interview yesterday, because now that there's a crisis he will be asked to stay on. The FIA can't necessarily afford big change like this right now
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2486813)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Why FOTA of course,and then the problems really begin.Imagine the first race in 2010 and someone raises an objection against Ferrari's 'innovative' new front wing.......
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2486823)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

His position may be strengthened, as he said in an interview yesterday, because now that there's a crisis he will be asked to stay on. The FIA can't necessarily afford big change like this right now
That was a rather enlightening interview with the 'Beeb' wasn't it,although few on here will have bothered to watch the full eighteen and a half minutes of it.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2486826)   #7
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
His ill-mannered reactions were highly aggravated by his age, the break up with Ferrari when FOTA was created, his son's tragic death and all the stress brought by a worldwide exposure of his sick sexual preferences.
Certainly ill mannered reactions, but in the general scheme of things, I don't think his sexual preferences are particularly sick. Just unusual (in fact, probably not even that unusual, just a bit embarrassing when out in the open!)

I have no comment on the rest of the post. Which probably says quite a lot about me as well!!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2486841)   #8
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
That was a rather enlightening interview with the 'Beeb' wasn't it,although few on here will have bothered to watch the full eighteen and a half minutes of it.
Hopefully us here in Australia will get to see it. Then I'll be in a position to comment on this thread more fully informed.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2486847)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

My concern is more that Mosley will hang on even if it's the worst possible thing for Formula One - look at how he was happy to have all of his private affairs discussed in court just to prove a point to the News of the World. He doesn't appear to have any concept of the bigger picture, just what suits him. He's essentially a politician who couldn't go into politics, so he's playing politics with F1 instead.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 20 Jun 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2486878)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
He doesn't appear to have any concept of the bigger picture, just what suits him.
I didn't get that impression at all from the interview ?
Old 20 Jun 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2486879)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
Hopefully us here in Australia will get to see it. Then I'll be in a position to comment on this thread more fully informed.
Essentially,but not limited to.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76355
Old 20 Jun 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2486915)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
To get things worst, he added the 8th paragraph in the appendix of the Sporting Code, related to change in the rules, giving him all powers to do whatever he wants. Honestly, there are enough tyrants in this planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakf's girl
My concern is more that Mosley will hang on even if it's the worst possible thing for Formula One - look at how he was happy to have all of his private affairs discussed in court just to prove a point to the News of the World. He doesn't appear to have any concept of the bigger picture, just what suits him. He's essentially a politician who couldn't go into politics, so he's playing politics with F1 instead.
Exactly.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2486917)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Certainly ill mannered reactions, but in the general scheme of things, I don't think his sexual preferences are particularly sick. Just unusual (in fact, probably not even that unusual, just a bit embarrassing when out in the open!)
Yeah, maybe I was too harsh about that... unusual is more appropriate though, it's just the idea of hurting himself or someone else is far from my principles.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2486920)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

I think you better take a look at reactions beyond british boundaries.

Everything can change, what has been decided can be negotiated and turn to to the other side... amazing how people like to act like sheeps.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2486996)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Max to be ban FOTA teams from race on Sunday.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=38246

All aboard!
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2487022)   #16
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the full BBC interview, and I have to say that it's ok for Max to go on about how most of the FIA members want him to stay to sort F1 out. Well they would say that wouldn't they because most of them are his cronies who fear for their positions if they step out of line.

The more I look into the FIA, the more it looks like the Motorsport equivalent of the Free Masons.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2487036)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with you to the extent that he is in quite a strong political position. The problem comes when you try to decide whether having someone who has realised that by petting a rattlesnake they've got bitten, is better than having the rattlesnake run the show?

I'm not entirely certain I know the answer. However I don't think any opinions expressed here are any more closer to the truth either.

Tell you what though. Unless they sort it out quickly my racing programme next season is going to be severely compromised, because until the Formula One races are pinned down nothing else can be arranged. So sort it out folks.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2487041)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Better the Devil you know..........
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2487042)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess that's where I was going.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2487059)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I didn't get that impression at all from the interview ?
I would say that Mosley has let himself get completely overtaken by having power and is no longer doing anything for the benefit of the sport, and it's been like that for the past few years, which is why I expect him to hang around even if all the evidence suggests that he should go for the good of F1 (unless, of course, Bernie can do something to get rid of him). I think there's a saying about power corrupting...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2487061)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I would say that Mosley has let himself get completely overtaken by having power and is no longer doing anything for the benefit of the sport, and it's been like that for the past few years, which is why I expect him to hang around even if all the evidence suggests that he should go for the good of F1 (unless, of course, Bernie can do something to get rid of him). I think there's a saying about power corrupting...
There is a saying about power corrupting and it does apply to all those that abuse that power and all those that wish to have it.

Better the Devil you know......
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2487078)   #22
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Where Bernie goes will dictate who is the winner(if you can call it that) in this mess.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2487082)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Where Bernie goes will dictate who is the winner(if you can call it that) in this mess.
Bernie isn't a pawn in this.Everything revolves around Bernie.And he's not likely to side with FOTA now that they've accused him of holding back money owed to them.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2487088)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I agree with you to the extent that he is in quite a strong political position. The problem comes when you try to decide whether having someone who has realised that by petting a rattlesnake they've got bitten, is better than having the rattlesnake run the show?

I'm not entirely certain I know the answer. However I don't think any opinions expressed here are any more closer to the truth either.

Tell you what though. Unless they sort it out quickly my racing programme next season is going to be severely compromised, because until the Formula One races are pinned down nothing else can be arranged. So sort it out folks.

Good one Peter! You illustrate well the problem of not being able to move forward without him at this time..

Mr Mosley is a very clever cookie..
Old 20 Jun 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2487150)   #25
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Good one Peter! You illustrate well the problem of not being able to move forward without him at this time..

Mr Mosley is a very clever cookie..
Not so. He may well have appeared clever when the teams were in disarray, but his overwhelming self-confidence has blinded him to the inevitable- that they would unite and skillfully out manoevre him. As Joe Saward says in the following
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft21595.html

if the FIA support Mosley next Wednesday then Fota will continue with the breakaway and carry much associated with the current F1 with it - circuits,sponsors,tv rights etc. The WMSC will be signing their own death warrant in supporting him. Bear in mind that this is the man that sold F1 to Ecclestone for 100 years !

The probable best outcome for the fans of F1 type racing is the new breakaway series. I would rather trust the likes of Brawn,Horner and Whitmarsh with the sport I love than Mosley and Ecclestone. Mosley gone by the end of the week,or sooner, and then the negotaitions start with the FOM or FOTA just continue with the breakaway.
Closed Thread