Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 28 Feb 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3032496)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FRC 2012 - Rules and Regulations

The 2012 Le Mans affiliated racing season is fast approaching with the 60th 12 Hours of Sebring taking place on March 17, 2012. Sebring marks the opening of the 14th ALMS season and the 1st WEC season. The 2012 Fantasy Racing Challenge (FRC) season will also begin with the 12 Hours of Sebring. This year’s FRC will include all 10 rounds of the ALMS, all 5 rounds of the ELMS, and the 8 rounds of the WEC for a total of 22 rounds (Sebring will be counted as a single round but all ALMS/WEC classes will be included). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the FRC, it is a friendly competition open to everyone with the simple goal of picking the pole sitter and race winner for each class at each event. The rules this season will be very similar to previous seasons. Please see below for a detailed explanation of how to enter, scoring, and schedule.

Qualifying
Choose the car you think will start the race from pole position in each class. Each correct choice is worth 1 point. For example, if you choose Corvette for the GT pole and they end up with the fastest time in qualifying but have to change tires or have some other sort of infraction that forces them to start at the back of the grid they will not be the car the starts the race from pole position. So just to re-iterate, the car that starts the race from the front is the car which scores the FRC point. This car may, or may not, be the fastest qualifier. Entries are due prior to the start of qualifying.

Race
There are three ways to submit an entry for the “Race” section of a FRC round:

Method 1: Choose 1 car you think will win each class. A correct answer is worth 4 points.
Method 2: Choose 2 cars for each class, and if one of them wins you get 2 points
Method 3: Chose 3 cars for each class, and if one of them wins you get 1 point.

Should there be any post-race infractions for the race winner the FRC results will be adjusted accordingly. Entries for the race are due prior to the start of qualifying as well, but if you miss the deadline for qualifying you can still enter the race section provided the entry is submitted prior to the race start.

Classes
Every class that appears on the official entry list of each round will be part of the FRC. Exception: a class must have at least 2 cars entered to be a point scoring class. I’ll remind everyone of the class schedule for each round once the individual round’s thread is opened.

Odds & Ends
Entries can also be sent to me via Private Message if you will be away from the forum and the thread isn’t open for an upcoming round. All rounds will follow the standard point structure except Sebring and Petit Le Mans will be double points, and Le Mans will be triple points. New for this season, the person who scores the most points in the FRC will receive a yet to be determined piece of racing memorabilia.

FRC 2012 Schedule:
RoundDateSeriesEvent
1March 17, 2012ALMS/WECSebring
2April 1, 2012ELMSLe Castellet
3April 14, 2012ALMSLong Beach
4May 12, 2012ALMSLaguna Seca
5May 20, 2012ELMSZolder
6June 17, 2012WECSpa
7June 17, 2012WECLe Mans
8July 7, 2012ALMSLime Rock
9July 15, 2012ELMSDonnington
10July 22, 2012ALMSMosport
11August 4, 2012ALMSMid-Ohio
12August 18, 2012ALMSRoad America
13August 26, 2012WECSilverstone
14September 1, 2012ALMSBaltimore
15September 9, 2012ELMSBRNO
16September 15, 2012ALMSVIR
17September 15, 2012WECBrazil
18September 29, 2012WECBahrain
19October 14, 2012WECFuji
20October 20, 2012ALMSPetite Le Mans
21October 27, 2012WECShanghai
22November 4, 2012ELMSAlgarve

I hope we have another successful season in 2012 with lots of entries!
Good luck to all!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3032569)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
New for this season, the person who scores the most points in the FRC will receive a yet to be determined piece of racing memorabilia.
Incentive, incentive, incentive!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3032582)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I'm going to reduce my precence on the other sections of the forum quite massively - or entirely - as I'm really getting kinda tired of certain things around here, but for sure I'm staying for FRC. Only one more step to go!

2010: 15th (partial season)
2011: 2nd
2012: Champion?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3032777)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Incentive, incentive, incentive!
Don't get too excited, you don't know what the prize is! Actually, neither do I, but I'll find something from my closet.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3033133)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im in again . Thanks for doing this Joeb
Old 3 Mar 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3034313)   #6
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There, I fixed it for you

RoundDateSeriesEvent
4May 5, 2012WECSpa
5May 12, 2012ALMSLaguna Seca
6May 20, 2012ELMSZolder
14September 2, 2012ALMSBaltimore
Old 4 Mar 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3034955)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
There, I fixed it for you
Thanks!
Old 12 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3039089)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, 22 rounds!

You're a brave man taking this on joeb......thank you.....
Old 16 Mar 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3042488)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Hey, Joeb, thanks so much, it is awesome you put your time into doing this!
Old 17 Mar 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3042689)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Wow, 22 rounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Hey, Joeb, thanks so much, it is awesome you put your time into doing this!
Thanks everyone. I actually enjoy doing this as it makes me feel closer to the races I can't attend!
Old 27 Mar 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3049323)   #11
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think I'm going to reduce my precence on the other sections of the forum quite massively - or entirely - as I'm really getting kinda tired of certain things around here,
Well I've already broken that promise so I think I'll stay...

joeb, may we get the thread for Le Castellet? It's getting very close to the weekend
Old 26 May 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3079415)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

This is not a new idea by any means... but I suggest a privateer petrol class for Le Mans only.

LMP1 Factory (Audi & Toyota)
LMP1 Privateer (Rebellion, Oak, Pescarolo, HPDs)
LMP2
LMGTE-PRO
LMGTE-AM

Triple points for five classes would equal 75 points which is still 15p less than Sebring had to offer! I have a fundamental problem that Le Mans doesn't have the highest possible point scoring possibility...
Old 29 May 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3080879)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I like this idea.
Old 29 May 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3081278)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good point, although Sebring was always going to be chaotic this year. Perhaps next year, we cut out GTC from the predictions?
Old 31 May 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3082200)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Good point, although Sebring was always going to be chaotic this year. Perhaps next year, we cut out GTC from the predictions?
Hopefully next year GTC will be cut all together!

But I think the privateer P1 class is a good idea. Off to create the thread....
Old 6 Sep 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3131965)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Obviously no worries about the merger for next year yet, but how about including Daytona and Nurburgring 24 Hours for next year's FRC? I'd really love to have the classics on board as well.

With Daytona it's pretty simple as it's just two classes competing (or 3 if/when GX joins the party) so it shouldn't be a problem. And if that's not enough to guarantee sufficient amounts of points I guess you could also incl separate CTSCC classes in form of GS & ST. We're going to have to add Daytona to this competition anyways in '14 so why not start next season already?

N24 is a bit more complicated because of the lunatic class structure but including just the "main classes", SP9 and SP8 etc could probably work.

Anyone agree?
Old 6 Sep 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3131976)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Agree with Daytona, disagree with N24, the class structure is far too lunatic and expansive for this even if we discard a lot of the classes.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3131980)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Well with N24 you could also change the format and make it an overall top10 or something, I don't know.

But yeah Daytona would be ideal at least
Old 14 Sep 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3135916)   #19
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see a separate classification for WEC next year. Some people might just not be interested in the regional Le Mans Series, and therefore they stand no chance in the overall classification of FRC.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3137012)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
I'd love to see a separate classification for WEC next year. Some people might just not be interested in the regional Le Mans Series, and therefore they stand no chance in the overall classification of FRC.
Interesting you say that, because at the end of the season I was going to separate the results from this season by championship, in addition to the overall winner. I like the idea for next year of having a separate WEC contest.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3137315)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting you say that, because at the end of the season I was going to separate the results from this season by championship, in addition to the overall winner. I like the idea for next year of having a separate WEC contest.
So...

Overall FRC Champion?
Individual ALMS FRC Champion?
Individual ELMS FRC Champion?
Individual WEC FRC Champion?

--
One more thing I'd like to see next year. Before the season starts you would have one thread where we would pick the final class (team/manufacturer) champions of each series. Have the deadline before Sebring or wherever the season starts, then close the thread and resume normal FRC race-by-race format - then check it again after the season has concluded and the standings are finalized. Something like this

ALMS
P1: Pickett
P2: Libra (hehe)
PC: Core
GT: Flying Lizards
GTC: NGT

WEC
P1: Audi
P2: OAK
PRO: AF Corse
AM: Felbermayr Proton

Possibly add ELMS (if exists) and AsLMS (if exists / if anyone cares)

5-10 points per each pick to make it more meaningful

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Sep 2012 at 16:58.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3137413)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I like it! lots of good ideas for next season, keep them coming everybody!
Old 17 Sep 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3137498)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I like it! lots of good ideas for next season, keep them coming everybody!
How about:

* Round winner gets extra ~5 points. To make wins more meaningful and to encourage people not to play it safe, especially on the later stages of the season.

* On the "points table" it says how many wins you've had during that particular season. Quick example:
1) The Badger 101p (2 round wins)
2) Victor_RO 98p (3 round wins)
3) isynge 95p
4) joeb 94p (1 round win)
5) arakis 92p
etc

* On the points table it also "separates" full season entries (ie those who have competed every round) from others. Maybe have those names on bold or have * next to their name, or something. But this is not that essential

* In order to fix the "inparity" between ALMS (five classes = 25p) and WEC (four classes = 20p) point scoring system, predicting class win in WEC could be worth of 5p - bringing the maximum points from one WEC round to 24p. And if you wanna have the same exact amount of points as ALMS has, give 6 points for LMP1 win. This brings the number up to 25, same as ALMS.
ALTERNATIVELY, if that sounds lame: Add Michelin Green X Challenge or LMP1 Privateer class for WEC rounds, worth of normal points. With Green X: 3p for LMP, 2p for GT (or similar). With privateer class same as usually, ie 1p for pole and 4p for win

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Sep 2012 at 22:46.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3137516)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

One more

In order to make that 5 points extra thingie // per round win I suggested on the previous post to work more efficient, only 1 person can claim a "round win". I mean, they don't give shared round wins in racing either, why should we?

If there is a tie between 2 or 3 or 4 people who all have like 18 points and therefore are all eglible for win, make a tiebreaker - similarly as Tim Northcutt used to do with his Indycar Pick Em competition. During every round have a random question like "what is the overall pole time" or something like that. Everybody always answers it but it is only used in a tie situation. In that case you look at those given pole times of the people in question and the person who guessed the closest time to the actual one wins the round

sry if I sound confusing but it's 2AM

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Sep 2012 at 23:15.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3139581)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

So... my suggestions were that bad?

*hides*