Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:58 (Ref:636175)   #1
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prancing Horse Selling Their Nations Cup Championship Leading Ferrari ?

Did any of you guys notice this add in this week's Auto Action ?

PHR are selling 2 x Ferrari Michelotto 360 GT's - one of them is the car currently driven by Bowe which is leading the Nations Cup Championship.

So what does this mean ?
a) They're getting some new weapon for John Bowe to carry on with ?
b) They're getting out of Nations Cup ?
c) Even Bowe's pit crew are sick of his constant whinging hand have given up ?

Piccy attached,
Cheers Buck.
Attached Thumbnails
forsale.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2003, 03:10 (Ref:636182)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well someone who should know a bit about the cars reckons the car available now has no engine, and is indeed not even straight after a series of accidents it had.

I have been led to believe Audi is in the future of this team...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2003, 03:30 (Ref:636189)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Audi have anything that could contest the Nations Cup ?

Other than an R8 from the ALMS ?
Old 19 Jun 2003, 03:54 (Ref:636202)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi A4 Turbo Quattro would be a serious weapon, or an RS2 or a TT or an A8.... plenty of options there....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:11 (Ref:636524)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd find it hard to believe they're getting out of Nations Cup, considering they have lodged 4 entries for the Bathurst 24 Hours.

The A4 and A8's are four doors aren't they, so they wouldn't be eligible.

Maybe an ex-DTM Audi TT?
Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:43 (Ref:636555)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"The A4 and A8's are four doors aren't they, so they wouldn't be eligible."

Pffttt, bog up two doors and call it a monaro
Old 19 Jun 2003, 23:03 (Ref:637112)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well since PROCAR seems excited by the prospect of a mongrel appearing, maybe an A8 V8 engine in an A4 Quattro? Like the M3 GTR V8's that will be seen here soon...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jun 2003, 12:52 (Ref:638404)   #8
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the Ferrari Enzo be legal to race in Nations Cup
Old 21 Jun 2003, 13:43 (Ref:638437)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I really doubt they would be leaving Nations Cup, especially considering its the most intersting series in australia at the moment. But a new car is on the cards, I hadnt heard of the Audi thing, but that sounds really intruiging. It would be sad to see Ferrari leave though, it gives the series an edge to have that name in it.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 01:02 (Ref:638848)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It seems the principals of PHR Scuderia are opening an Audi dealership in Melbourne, and that this race team will soon relocate there.

What other brands are in the VAG group?? Lambo perhaps???
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jun 2003, 03:03 (Ref:638924)   #11
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could they run Lamborghinis and then compete with Stokell?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 22 Jun 2003, 04:11 (Ref:638943)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its entirely possible, although I dont believe JB & Stokell are the best of mates
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jun 2003, 05:02 (Ref:638951)   #13
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Bowe and Stokell both driving Lambo's will never happen because then Bowe won't be able to whinge that the Lambo needs parity adjustments because he's being fairly beaten.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 05:14 (Ref:638954)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
He will still have the Monaro pair to whinge about
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jun 2003, 08:47 (Ref:638990)   #15
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little birdie tells me the two AVESCO Audi pacecars are heading to BJR at the end of the year, Bowe BJR Audi GTP for 2004?????
Old 22 Jun 2003, 09:01 (Ref:638999)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This will go nicely with Brad's road TT
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jun 2003, 10:50 (Ref:639066)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
God I hope not. Knowing what a pace car is like after a short while's flogging, it would be like driving a Datto 120Y, with a boot full of rust...
Old 22 Jun 2003, 14:40 (Ref:639178)   #18
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone noticed that it says 'available early Nov' in the ad? as in....after the PROCAR season, although they might get out of PROCAR then...

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 22 Jun 2003, 14:51 (Ref:639181)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
A little birdie tells me the two AVESCO Audi pacecars are heading to BJR at the end of the year, Bowe BJR Audi GTP for 2004?????
That's BJR though, not PHR. If thats the case (Audi entering GT-Performance) then that would i presume spell the end of the Greg Siddle Volkswagon Golf program, also interesting that BJR and Audi would be getting back together.

A PHR/Audi scenario would make sense for 2004, especially since NC type Audi TT's (the DTM one's) are easily available. Plus remember the Nurburgring 24 Hour Audi TT's have been rumoured for the Bathurst 24 Hour this year............

In a way also not really suprising that the Ferrari's are getting replaced. Fiat are putting Maserati into Sportscar now instead of Ferrari, so any development of the 360GT's weren't going to come from the factory.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 11:47 (Ref:640028)   #20
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that Fiat have decided to scrap the idea of a N-GT Maserati and instead continue with the 360GT program.

A TT V8 is the most likely Nations Cup option, all though, in that category, the most likely things never happen!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:49 (Ref:640187)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Another thing to take into account is that if PHR and Audi did get together, with backing from Audi, that would then have to place some doubt on Team Lamborghini Australia, considering they are both part of the Volkswagon-Audi Group.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 22:57 (Ref:640855)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Were the Vee-Dubs going to be upgraded to something that competes in GT-Performance? If not, they could have three cars in non-direct competition...
Old 24 Jun 2003, 22:11 (Ref:642043)   #23
pale rider
Rookie

pale rider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maher Alghadri owns the Ferrari in the pic that is for sale. I think you find that PHR is in a bit of bother without the Noskes there. Oh and that firey in the picture is John XYZ so his other half tells me.