Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1081429)   #1
BazBarrow
Rookie

BazBarrow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EuroBOSS thriller at Donington

I have just been to Donington Park on Sunday and watched Euro 3000, Grand Prix masters, Seat cupras, Group C and EuroBOSS and what a great days racing it was.

The highlight for me was the EuroBOSS race which saw Klaas Zwart and Scott Mansell racing flat out, wheel to wheel in very recent F1 cars, throughout the 17 lap race.

At one point Mansell ran side by side down the craner curves to take the lead going into old hairpin and is was absolutely spectacular.

At only 18 years old, his ability in a formula one car is unprecedented and to have been able to witness that overtaking manourve was absolutely priceless.

There was a camera crew there and I think the race could be on Motors TV soon, well worth watchin.

The event was very well organised and the marshalls did a very good job on a day when marshalls were very scarce due to the number of race meetings on that day.

Last edited by BazBarrow; 30 Aug 2004 at 12:04.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1081435)   #2
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame he spun the lead away.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1081460)   #3
BazBarrow
Rookie

Yeah but I think Klass was leading when Scott span. Klaas had better traction out of coppice throughout the race and got a better run enabling him to get into the slipstream and level down starkeys straight. Going into goddards side by side Scott was forced off line and onto the marbles and he went into a half spin.

Very astute of him to drop the clutch whilst spining and keep the engine running allowing him to rejoin the track and still finish second.

After a great start from Zwart, Mansell could have sat back and consolidated his championship lead, but hats off to him for making a true race of it and proving what an exciting racer he is.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1081464)   #4
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many cars where there?
Old 30 Aug 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1081477)   #5
BazBarrow
Rookie

The EuroBOSS field was not big, with an entry of ten cars and seven finishers. But you only need two cars to make a great race. And we shure got that. To see two cars with 760 bhp and no traction control racing each other wheel to wheel was absolutely brilliant and the craner curves overtaking manourve was awesome.

Last edited by BazBarrow; 30 Aug 2004 at 12:40.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1081826)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baz, I seem to remember a conversation about Scott having a bit of competition for once! I was so glad to see that Scott can race as well as drive fast. Shame he had his "moment" though, but I'll put that down to over-excitement!

Thanks for your kind comments at the end of your original posting by the way - we marshals do like to be appreciated!