Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1313733)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Milton Keynes's finest ...

Bravo the home boys and DC.
I say, what is the explanation whereby the ex Jag team with about 1/20 th the budget of any of the top five teams, having 'fun', are running so near to the front? Some people there doing a really good job; I mean Wonderful.
Old 29 May 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1313763)   #2
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say they are reaping the benefits of Purnell and Pitchforth.
Old 29 May 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1313770)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest he took advantage of the turn 1 mess. Otherwise it would have been difficult to get away from 10th, 12th places..
Old 29 May 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1313775)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes he did, the difference between a great and average race is so small. However DC has achieved that more than once this year. He also had 5th fastest fastest lap.
Old 29 May 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1313794)   #5
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think his race pace didn't let him down. In fact, he should have finished what, 3rd?
Old 29 May 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1313821)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2nd or 3rd, yes.

For the second race in a row!
Old 29 May 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1313847)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He did take advantage of the first lap mess but he had good race pace...
i'm sure leading a GP was not something DC wouldve dreamed of at the start of the season...
Old 29 May 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1313905)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really hate to say this but what a turn around. He was never going to make WDC but what he's doing for this team is excellent.

I agree with gfm, the team is working well and as logwrench said, they are reaping the benefits of the previous management but they obviously don't have the politics.

Good stuff.

(Actually on reflection I don't hate saying it at at all).
Old 29 May 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1313908)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HEading for the inside and hoping for the best is the classic way to escape and profit from a turn 1 incident at the Nurburgring - DC knows this and really used it to his advantage. The actual apce he showed when in clear air was really impressive - ocne you factor in the lost 2-3 places from going so ear;ly in qualifying RBR obviiusly did have some pace, adn 5th place is a rich reward.
Old 29 May 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1313911)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You sell them short DC came 4th!
Old 29 May 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1313936)   #11
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
i'm sure leading a GP was not something DC wouldve dreamed of at the start of the season...
Indulge me

.........but that was a sweet sight
Old 29 May 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1314159)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, another great job by DC, still, despite some of the comment about him over the past couple of seasons, one of the best in the business!
Old 29 May 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1314175)   #13
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought he did a great job today, and I'm happy that my off season faith has been repaid! Granted DC did benefit from the first corner mellee, but he has said himself he has been caught out there before so decided to stay on the inside. I guess that's what they call experience! The most gratifying thing was that the car was running with genuine pace. I actually expected him to drop right back after the first stops, but he exceeded even my expectations to bring it home so high up the order..shame about the drive through...Well done DC!
Old 30 May 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1314276)   #14
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently before the race, DC told his crew that he was going to run down the inside because of the melee's that's happened many-a-time there before. Kudos to him for having the forsight in seeing what ended up happening and capitalizing on all the rewards.

If not for the drive through, he could have had a podium. DC seems to be enjoying his time at RBR. Good for him.
Old 30 May 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1314292)   #15
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that doesn't surprise me. it looked like some sort of trouble was bound to happen at the first corner from the look of the grid. canny driving from the worlds fastest scotsman.
Old 30 May 2005, 03:46 (Ref:1314296)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
canny driving from the worlds fastest scotsman.
were you watching Dario in the Indy 500?
Old 30 May 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1314457)   #17
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Even though he won't win the WDC, this is truly, honestly, Coulthard's year