Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jan 2001, 01:22 (Ref:61099)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
There is a short report in Autorace about Paul Stoddart buying out Minardi for a paltry 20 million pounds and that the Minardi will be racing with last year's engines. What can I say? Havn't we seen enough of this team struggling at the rear of hte field? If they are going to race in last year's clapped out engines, we may s ell forget about Minardi for next year.
Old 30 Jan 2001, 01:29 (Ref:61100)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I tried to deit to add this, but was suddenly denied access. Anyway, I was going to add that Minardi's Chief Mechanic Gustav Brunner said that you can't work miracles out of nothing. This is indeed very sad, and unless Paul Stoddart steps in and gets a decent engine, he may as well have saved himself 20 million quid.
Old 31 Jan 2001, 00:37 (Ref:61247)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I seem to be talking to myself here on the internet - this must be a symptom of Mad Cow Desease transmitted through the internet. However, I read today that Paul Stoddart is going to run to facilities to get Minardi off the ground : one in Italy and one in England. I find this totally unbelievable and will only elevate the Farce, along with using the European Engine which is just another name for last year's clapped out Fondmetal unit. I can still remember my Latin: "O me miserum" which seems to fit this situation prefectly. Now if they can get Martin to drive for them and Murray to manage both factories, that will be a sponsors dream, because these perennial tailenders will get more publicity than Ferrari.