Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:06 (Ref:643655)   #1
Brandy_snap
Racer

Brandy_snap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens for another win?

Last year, Rubens won at the European GP. Do you think he will ever win another race?
Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:11 (Ref:643660)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no .. i mean .. no other European GP

Last edited by Dani Filth; 26 Jun 2003 at 12:11.

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:11 (Ref:643661)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope, he's nowhere near the pace of the frontrunners this year.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 13:02 (Ref:643707)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens has been disappointing in the new Ferrari. Mcihael has come out on top in qualifying and racing, everywhere other than Monaco where the car means little,suggesting that he isn't ahead of the newer guys anymore, but Rubens has found himself behind the leading McLaren, Williams and Renualt most of the time.

His record at the Nurburgring isn't really impressive before last year anyway, other than 3rd in 1999, so I don't expect him to challenge.

He really needs a good result because he's becoming yesterday's man - a shame,as for years I honestly believed he had the potential to challenge Michael. Maybe he hasn't coped with Michael's mind games, or little disappointments such as Brazil, or maybe this car suits him less. Either way, i can see him finishing down in 5th or lower in teh table, unless the ferrari becomes really superior.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 13:10 (Ref:643711)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would say that RB is in good shape to win a race, but there's something missing this year for him. He's saying too often that he could do more.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 14:54 (Ref:643806)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He'll win another race. If Michael wins the championship early. And Michael pulls over at the finish line, ala USA 2002.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 15:33 (Ref:643829)   #7
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a huge Barrichello fan since I started watching GPs in '93, but, based on his performance this season, I can't imagine him winning in the forseeable future--it would require an attrition race the likes of which we don't seem to see so much since Ferrari invented the concept of absolute reliability (for one car at least!)...

RB's performance this year was discussed an a different thread a few weeks ago, where it was suggested that Barry hasn't got to grips with the F2003GA in the same way he did the F2002 (it was noticeable last year how his performance relative to Schuey dramatically improved at Imola).

Another explanation could be the HANS device. Though I haven't heard him mention it since Brazil (wherre he was given dispensation to race without it and produced his most competitive drive of the year), Barry was, along with JV and Heidfeld, pretty vociferous pre-season. I can't see the device affecting him over one lap, however, so it probably cannot account for his poor recent qualifying pace.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 17:24 (Ref:643909)   #8
ferrari_mark
Rookie

ferrari_mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll win again. Not many, but he's bound to win a few more races with Ferrari.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 18:13 (Ref:643964)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's fair to say that Rubens won last years race 3 days before the team went to face the FIA for the Austria incident, good marketing for the team? The driver had his win after all, just, not necessarily the race he should have won.

However, going back to the point, imo, there is no way i can see Rubens winning the race, or infact, any race this season, he's been very disappointing in the F2003GA, where as Michael has been awesome in it. I know that Michael is a better driver than Rubens, but the gap shouldn't be this big.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 00:41 (Ref:644241)   #10
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's definitely lost the plot so far this year though - I hope he does win again soon - but not before the tail end of the season I fear - possibly Monza or US ?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:09 (Ref:644513)   #11
Brandy_snap
Racer

Brandy_snap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the US that would be good

Alonso for 2004 WDC! - perhaps not
Old 27 Jun 2003, 09:53 (Ref:644552)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the time the title battle is tight he won't get a look-in. I'm not suggesting team orders, btw, more that Michael will be trying his very hardest until the title is secure. Rubens doesn't stand a chance against MS's best game.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 10:34 (Ref:644573)   #13
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rubens is a sweet guy, but unlees he goes somewhere where he's allowed to get the best outta the car, and do this for himself, i can't see very many wins going his way really
Old 29 Jun 2003, 10:31 (Ref:645886)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether he'll ever win another race is a good question, actually! Considering how poor he's been lately, I can't see him winning any time soon. In fact, I'd be surprised if he won a race this season at all!
Old 29 Jun 2003, 12:03 (Ref:645920)   #15
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll win again when Schumacher retires. It's like 2000 again now. Ferrari are starting to have to concentrate more on Mikey to make sure they get the win...it's not like last year where they were just mucking around at the front. You see, once Schu retires, don't be surprised to see Rubens suddenly challenging up there.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:48 (Ref:646163)   #16
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year when Ferrari were dominant and often didn't need to push that hard the Ferraris were often in close company. Remember Hungary 2002 for example when Michael set that fastest lap in the race? - but for that one lap he was not running to the limit.

This year the competition has (seemingly) caught up and the Ferrari drivers thus need to push themselves to the limit in races. And MS is regaining the edge over RB.

RB may win a race or two this year if he's lucky.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 18:54 (Ref:646344)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect Rubens will never win again.