Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2389697)   #1
teammoda
Racer

teammoda has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would J Palmer make a good FIA president?

With the current rubbish coming out of Moselys mouth I was thinking who would be a good candidate for FIA president and they could do much worse than give the post to J Palmer,He credentials are superb he's an ex racer and the way he runs MSV is a credit to him.I live quite locally to Snetterton and that place has come on leaps and bounds ever since he took over just look at the current redevelopment he's putting into the place all for the good of the sport,and what's really impressive is the way he conducts himself with the local non motorsport fans with noise issues etc,he's happy to hear their concerns and works with them to make sure everybodys happy with the redevelopment.Now could you image if Max had to deal with the Snetterton locals...............
Palmers would be good for F1.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2389701)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I couldn't agree more. He's done ever so well, and I can't recall ever hearing a bad word about him.

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2389717)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's not my first choice, but F1 needs a doctor in the current climate
Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2389720)   #4
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure he'd do well, but I'd rather have Martin Donnely!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2389722)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
I'm sure he'd do well, but I'd rather have Martin Donnely!
As in replace Max Mosley with a Max Mosley lackey?
Old 6 Feb 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2389723)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Why on earth would you go for Martin Donnely?!?!?!

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2389726)   #7
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donnely wanted more small teams in F1 (probably so he could enter one himself) - a good start if any!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2389729)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Well, that's all well and good. But I think many opinions have gone down of him over the past year or two, with good reason.

Look at what Palmer's done with F2. That's surely an opportunity for teams with smaller budgets?

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2389734)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I got my Donnellys mixed up (I was thinking of Alan Donnelly, Max Lackey and former Labour MEP).
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2389742)   #10
teammoda
Racer

teammoda has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Donelly no I cant agree with that the guy simply hasnt done enough,he ran a pretty unsuccesfull FF team for years and recently was doing some work and driving for Lotus.I spoke with the guy once over the phone years ago when I was looking to get into motorsport as a career,he came over as fairly decent but very abrupt with he's attitude to he's staff.He told me he sacked most of he's staff in the off season and it didnt matter how well they had done for the team,he didnt seem to be bothered about "building" a team I dont think this would be very good credentials for an FIA president.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2389752)   #11
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby
Well, that's all well and good. But I think many opinions have gone down of him over the past year or two, with good reason.

Selby
I'm intrigued - tell me more.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2389754)   #12
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby

Look at what Palmer's done with F2. That's surely an opportunity for teams with smaller budgets?

Selby
As said, probably thinking of Alan, not Martin. And if F2 is the future then oh my!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2389760)   #13
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there is a conflict of interest now with his F2 promotion deal.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2389763)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
He certainly meets my extensive selection criteria.

The successful candidate must be:
  • Not Jean Todt
Old 6 Feb 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2389831)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
He certainly meets my extensive selection criteria.

The successful candidate must be:
  • Not Jean Todt

Apologies, I did indeed get my Donelly's mixed up!!

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2389892)   #16
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally whilst I agree that Mr Palmer has done a lot with MSVR, I really don't think that he would make a good FIA President as he has interests with his circuits. I don't think the mix would go down too well.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2389954)   #17
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he was still around, I would propose Genghis Khan - at least he was more liberal than the present incumbent.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2390024)   #18
Devilsadvocate
Rookie

Devilsadvocate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best candidate would have to be someone who understands the sport and has a good business head. But equally as important must have no exisitng or historic ties withany of the teams or F1's other stakeholders.

When the planet finds such a man or woman I think we would have a winner but I don't this person exists.
Old 7 Feb 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2390208)   #19
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Personally whilst I agree that Mr Palmer has done a lot with MSVR, I really don't think that he would make a good FIA President as he has interests with his circuits. I don't think the mix would go down too well.
Not if we get F1 at Oulton Park!
Old 7 Feb 2009, 23:09 (Ref:2390649)   #20
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like JP to carry on doing exactly what he is doing now. He has done a great deal for motor racing in this country, especially getting circuits up to scratch and putting on good meetings. I certainly don't want to see him become another "wipping boy"!