Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Jun 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1330118)   #1
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Rallycross at Brands in 05?

just looking at the website http://www.rallycrossuk.com/ , brands isnt on the calendar any more.

Does anyone know what the reason for this is?

I went to the 03 and 04 events and saw some great racing
Old 16 Jun 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1330127)   #2
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well according to the Brands Hatch Website (www.brands-hatch.co.uk) their events calendar indicates they are holding the Rallycross Superprix on the 29/30th October this year. I am hoping to go to this as i have never been to a rallycross event, thats of course, assuming its still going ahead!?
Old 16 Jun 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1330139)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
30th October is shown on rallycrossuk as a BRC/BTRDA round at Croft so I very much doubt anything will be happening at Brands on that day! Brands was the TBC venue for the October round but I guess cost may have been the deciding issue pushing it to Croft?
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1330171)   #4
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
30th October is shown on rallycrossuk as a BRC/BTRDA round at Croft so I very much doubt anything will be happening at Brands on that day! Brands was the TBC venue for the October round but I guess cost may have been the deciding issue pushing it to Croft?
Shame if that is the case, Croft is a bit of a no no for me.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1330180)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Croft is pretty much out of range for me too You could always go to the Lydden August bank holiday meeting - that's always a cracking event at the best circuit for viewing.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1330207)   #6
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands was due to be the last one, but was moved to CRoft due to circuit cost posisbly. Not sure tho, don't quote me on it!

Pitty, its nice to have Croft in the championship, but I would have loved to have raced at Brands. The track is great, but also its just the fact that you are racing at Brand Hatch! All the history etc etc
Old 16 Jun 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1330233)   #7
Simon Ross
Rookie

Simon Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This post has been edited to remove objectionable content. I have already posted guidelines about what is permissible for posting in this forum. If you do not understand what is permissible, please contact me directly. EvilPumpkin

The Super Series is supposed to be there the week after the BRDA, and i doubt if there would be 2 rallycross events at the same venue on consecutive weekends.

Last edited by Queen; 16 Jun 2005 at 11:29.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1330263)   #8
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a bit perplexed, I do not see anything on this thread that could cause problems. Someone appears to have a question, raised from a legitimate source and has had replies also quoting legitimate sources, so what is the problem is?
Old 16 Jun 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1330276)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver
I am a bit perplexed, I do not see anything on this thread that could cause problems. Someone appears to have a question, raised from a legitimate source and has had replies also quoting legitimate sources, so what is the problem is?

There isn't a problem now - normal service is resumed (as you say it's a perfectly valid question with some perfectly valid answers - just a bit of pruning required to keep things on the level).
Old 16 Jun 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1330321)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver
The section of the post that is acceptable has been left in - the rest has been removed.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1330370)   #11
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see now, or rather I don't ....
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1330447)   #12
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is, and according both the websites, that the final round of the BRDA/ BTRDA is at Croft on the 30th October and the RSS is running an event there, as yet untitled, on the weekend of the 5th -6th November (could be some fireworks that weekend)
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1330492)   #13
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will make for some log jam with two Irish rounds being on 23rd Oct and 13th Nov
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1330616)   #14
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers for the info, lydden is pretty near to me and also very good so i'll try and catch some rallycross there to get my fix!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1330843)   #15
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Pitty, its nice to have Croft in the championship, but I would have loved to have raced at Brands. The track is great, but also its just the fact that you are racing at Brand Hatch! All the history etc etc
The history is unfortunately half of the problem with Brands. Everyone wants to race there. This can make some of the racing become more like banger racing. After the meetings (BRDA & BTRDA) last October, we came home with every panel damaged apart from the drivers door and the roof. Bad luck and bad driving you may say, thats rallycross. Some of the damage was received during practise, and none of it our fault. I'd say if it was. One of the problems we saw was complete novices, first time racers, (all there because of the prestige of racing at Brands), put on the front row of some of the grids. That is the way the computer works, completely random, but by their own admission, they did not want to be in that position! Knowing they would be "in the way" of some quicker boys behind them. That has to test your nerves no matter which track its on!
This meeting did cost us a couple of positions in the championship, so maybe I'm biased. The circuit itself is great, the facilities are great, the crowd is great, but the cost of the circuit hire......... is it justified?
Old 17 Jun 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1331313)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWIGLET
The circuit itself is great, the facilities are great, the crowd is great, but the cost of the circuit hire......... is it justified?
This is something I'd wondered about, assuming it is the circuit hire cost that has forced the change of venue will Brands have to have a re-think? Ok lots of series want to go there but the crowds for rallycross at Brands are big - one of their biggest after the BTCC and Bikes. By having such a big hire fee and therefore not getting a rallycross round they're losing out on a lot of gate revenue (and therefore also takings from food stands etc).

Even if another series does take that weekend in the calendar (so Brands still get their circuit hire fee) they're potentially not going to make as much money from the meeting as they would from running a rallycross meeting with a reduced circuit hire fee.

(Does any of that make sense? Not sure hopefully the example below will clear it up )

Race meeting:

Circuit hire = £18000
Gate = £10 * 1000
Food = £2.50 * 1000 (assume 1 burger each!)
Total = £30500

Rallycross meeting:

Circuit Hire = £10000 (reduced rate)
Gate = £10 * 5000
Food = £2.50 * 5000 (assume 1 burger each)
Total = £72500

Ultimately they stand to make more money by having rallycross there as opposed to a clubby circuit racing meeting.

(This business stuff is easy isn't it? )
Old 17 Jun 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1331377)   #17
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a little ambitious there BertMk2..... If it`s a club Winter Series race meet then change the 1,000 to a 10 !!!!!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1331445)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
Maybe a little ambitious there BertMk2..... If it`s a club Winter Series race meet then change the 1,000 to a 10 !!!!!
Definitely! The numbers are pure guesswork but I think 5000 was about right for the last BRC round at Brands? As you say club meetings do tend to be very light on the spectators - therefore the circuit hire fee needs to be higher to cover all the circuits expenses, a rallycross event will attract a bigger crowd and therefore the circuit can make the same amount of money even with a lower track hire fee. It's a great in theory
Old 18 Jun 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1332091)   #19
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm sure that brands wanted to charge for the lost days revenue for the day before a rallycross event due to having to set the couse up and the day after for having to clean the track, hense i believe it is why BRDA ran sat and sun last year. I still believe that JP will try to get his hands on the GP rights and pay the RSS to run the GP at Brands.
Old 18 Jun 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1332160)   #20
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try more like £30000+ to hire out Brands Hatch.