Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jun 2004, 12:56 (Ref:990303)   #1
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Area

Can someone help me out and confirm my understanding please.

Between our group of 16 we have two ACO members and 6 Grandstand ticket holders. Does that mean we can get 8 people into the ACO welcome area FOC. I think I recall we can then pay something like 5/6 Euros for the others to receieve a ticket for entry too? Does that entitle them to entry all week or just for a day?

Many Thanks!!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 12:58 (Ref:990311)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I understand it, ACO members don't automatically get entry to the Welcome area. (Could be wrong about that though). Grandstand ticket holders do (again, as I understand it). I think once you've got entry its good for the whole week, but unless the top of the Welcome building is available, I personally wouldn't bother to shell out for a ticket.....
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:04 (Ref:990317)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought all ACO members had access to the welcome area
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:990330)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, not unless they changed it in the last couple of years. I well remember getting access in 97 but when I went to walk in in 98 with my ACO membership card, I was told I had to buy a welcome ticket. I've always had a welcome ticket since (not necessarily purchased.... ), so I've not had to try to get in without one. But don't get too wound up about the Welcome area guys, the only two things there worth having are the roof and the decent loos.......
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:990335)   #5
jpchenet
Rookie

But decent loos can be VERY important!!
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:53 (Ref:990381)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
especially with family in tow
Old 1 Jun 2004, 13:57 (Ref:990384)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
http://www.lemans.org/club/pages/for...club24_gb.html
point 6 at the bottom
Old 1 Jun 2004, 14:06 (Ref:990393)   #8
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that there may be a little confusion between the ACO Members area, and the Welcome Area. Different beasts. The Welcome Area has views of the track, the Members area doesn't. Maybe someone can explain it better.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 17:32 (Ref:990569)   #9
jpchenet
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
I think that there may be a little confusion between the ACO Members area, and the Welcome Area. Different beasts. The Welcome Area has views of the track, the Members area doesn't. Maybe someone can explain it better.

Aha!!! That would be the confusion then!!

So is it worth visiting the ACO members area.

Where are they both situated??
Old 1 Jun 2004, 17:59 (Ref:990604)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, the ACO members area is actually a large building at the back of the Village. You can watch their on TV, get yourself a nice cold drink asnd pick up your programme and list des engagees as well. The welcome "area" is an area on the inside of the circuit (approached from the Village) just past the left hand end of the pits (looking at them from the tribunes). There is a restaurant (good for stocking up on the caffeine on that long haul through the night) which has nice loos. The viewing area is quite small, but (when perched on one of the bench seats there) is one of the few areas around the circuit where ordsinary spectators can take flash shots of the cars without debris fencing. The welcome building is approached from this area - does anyone know if ordinary souls will be able to get on it this year? I know someone (Fab?) mentioned that it may be closed as the roof is perhaps now unsafe?
Old 1 Jun 2004, 18:39 (Ref:990643)   #11
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
it was VERY closed for the test day ...
Old 1 Jun 2004, 19:09 (Ref:990685)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Damn. I suspect its going to be closed through the week/weekend then. One of my all-time favourite spots too.......
Old 1 Jun 2004, 19:36 (Ref:990711)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
and a very nice spot to see the cars so closed without any fence !
Old 1 Jun 2004, 19:39 (Ref:990719)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely - a dream for those with cameras who don't have a media pass......
Old 1 Jun 2004, 22:12 (Ref:990891)   #15
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget the food isn't bad either, for a cafeteria type eating place. I spent most of Sunday last year on one of the benches outside. I hadn't realised that I was being derived of a rooftop experience though, Ayse! At least a third of the 158 photos I took last year were from there. A bit boring to keep looking at green Bentleys all the time innit?

We couldn't have Welcome Area tickets with our deal from Continental Travel this year so it may influence where we buy next year's from.

Just Tickets got us ours last year...

Just realised this means I'm already into planning next years foray, hooray!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 07:17 (Ref:991127)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You must have been a boy scout........
Old 2 Jun 2004, 08:49 (Ref:991204)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BillandLara
I spent most of Sunday last year on one of the benches outside.
We had our TT's meeting here during the PQs... I like the place, but the cars are too fast here to have a precise view... if I can remember, there's no fence... nice place, no doubt. There's a lot of people here during the race, isn't it ?
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:42 (Ref:991433)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not always. I've been in there (and not just in the early hours) when there have only been a handful of people in there. Of course, it would be a lot more popular if the roof was open......