Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will everyone get through Turn One?
Yes 5 15.15%
No 28 84.85%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Mar 2003, 20:57 (Ref:526010)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will everyone make it through T1 in Melbourne?

Remember the first corner mayhem last year? Well, I think they'll be a bit more cautious this time!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 21:02 (Ref:526013)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't bet on it.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 21:07 (Ref:526016)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they will. Melbourne probably has one of the worse first corners for, er, happenings, but I think it'll be alright.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 21:28 (Ref:526042)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think we'll see the mayhem we saw last year, but I do think someone will go off - one or two into the gravel in the first corner is my tip.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 21:39 (Ref:526056)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Providing the front few rows are sensible and don't try and win the race at the first corner (You can't win the race at the start, but you can lose it ); then carnage like last year will be avoided.
But, with 4 rookies getting extremely excited at their first racing lap in F1 (and who wouldn't); plus 3 drivers who may be a little out of practice, some form of coming together is all but certain.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 22:41 (Ref:526103)   #6
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will bet that Ralf is going to be a little cautious on the first turn this year.

Old 6 Mar 2003, 05:29 (Ref:526310)   #7
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or maybe just Rafe will hit JPM.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 05:47 (Ref:526319)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
We're going to have late showers on Friday (might not affect 1st quals run) and showers and storms on Saturday which could affect the grid significantly. Therefore, look for a big surprise at T1 come Sunday.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 07:03 (Ref:526359)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody will go off at T1...

It's quite a long blast down to T1, with heavy braking. If we have some slower cars at the front, we may see some major carnage.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 09:52 (Ref:526425)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Thats just what I was thinking.
With this stupid fuel rule introduced, we are going to have lots of different cars in lots of different grid slots with varying levels of fuel, this is sure to cause mayhem.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 10:29 (Ref:526449)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully not, and I hope the man who goes off is TGF!
Old 6 Mar 2003, 10:38 (Ref:526458)   #12
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
da Matta. T1. Gravel Trap.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 15:59 (Ref:526709)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're in for a surpise Corky, I'm pretty sure Da Matta has not once gone off on lap 1 in two years at Newman-Haas in CART. If he goes off, it won't be his fault.

But I think 20 cars getting round turn one, on the track would be a miracle. It could be wet, the grid will be unusual due to the new regs, and there are lots of rookies.

DNQ and Monster - if they're ahead on the grid, adn still set up the same as before, they won't be 'slower'. Get your dictionaries out.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 23:51 (Ref:527148)   #14
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Of course they will! They are highly skilled professional gentlemen with high regard for sportsmanship.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 00:29 (Ref:527173)   #15
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT THE F??? Are you guys all forgetting one very important factor.
Having finally read the Ron Dennis and Frank Williams' letter to Max Mosley. I have completely reversed my opinion on the changes to the regs for 2003. I now fully am 100% against Mosley and the FIA. They are fools and making F1 worse. Let them RACE! Dennis and Williams are absolutely bang on target with their comments. Mosley should be shot.

The first corner, people, is going to yield some nasty crashes this year. Because there will be faster cars behind slower cars. Now with a slow ****-ant Minardi in grid 4, with a McLaren, a Renault, a Sauber, a Toyota all behind it, with maybe a sneaky Jordan with low low fuel load in 3rd place. It's going to mess things up bad. Minardi could score 10 poles this season, but what the F*** does that mean to the record books? oh that's right, it ****S them up.
Webber could get 5 poles this year, 5 next year, 4 the year after that. Then what the hell, he is already about to beat Mika's record of 26 pole positions. Does that mean he is a better qualifyer? Absolutely not.

LET THEM RACE. WILLIAMS WILL BEAT FERRARI SOON. McLAREN ARE GOING TO BEAT FERRARI SOON.
The BEST combination wins, none of this artificial champ-car style bull**** made up false grid line-ups and race results.

Forever Williams and particular McLaren. F1 would not be where it was if it was not for these two teams.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 15:07 (Ref:527831)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew2001
WHAT THE F??? Are you guys all forgetting one very important factor.

Because there will be faster cars behind slower cars. Now with a slow ****-ant Minardi in grid 4, with a McLaren, a Renault, a Sauber, a Toyota all behind it, with maybe a sneaky Jordan with low low fuel load in 3rd place. It's going to mess things up bad. Minardi could score 10 poles this season, but what the F*** does that mean to the record books? oh that's right, it ****S them up.
If a car is still in the same settings as it was in qualifying, then it is faster than a car it qualifies ahead of. So this rubbish about 'slower cars ahead of faster cars' does not apply to the start of the race. What will happen is that inexperienced or over-excited drivers may make mistakes near the front, maybe trying to lead out of the first corner?
Old 7 Mar 2003, 15:17 (Ref:527843)   #17
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if JV starts up front next to schumacher, i don't see either of them making it, they will swereve into each other to block and KIMI will drive away from the field after barrichello get taken out by Montoya and david limps in to 3rd, the question is who will get 2nd.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 16:21 (Ref:527892)   #18
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly Boots, the logic employed by the people who say fast cars will be falling all over slow cars is ****e. If they qualified in front of them, then they are faster! Simple as that! Doesn't matter what the fuel loads are that are responsible for the qualifying order, the run into turn one is not going to be any more dangerous or unfair than it has ever been. It is OK to not agree with the new quali rules, but to disagree for thses reasons is IMO silly.

Supposing a driver screwed up in qualifying and starts back farther than he otherwise would've, that is his fault and he needs to make sure he passes the cars that rightfully qualified in front of him in a safe manner. Yes, LET THEM RACE!
Old 7 Mar 2003, 16:29 (Ref:527903)   #19
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote was no...there is always a lot of exuberance in the first race...someone will get their braking messed up somehow...hopefully they won't cause a multiple car mess up in the process.

Coming up on 1000 posts....better warm up that Ferrari I was promised a while ago!!
Old 7 Mar 2003, 19:50 (Ref:528049)   #20
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
if JV starts up front next to schumacher, i don't see either of them making it, they will swereve into each other to block

Why do you think that? I don't think Schumacher gives a **** about Villeneuve any more.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 21:51 (Ref:528136)   #21
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jocko has been so used to seeing blue flags so much the last few years that he is psychologically conditioned to let Schumacher go.