Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1267534)   #1
Flying Fin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Doncaster Lad
Flying Fin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya/raikkonen

A combination that will take Mclaren back to where they belong? (number one in the constructors championship)
Old 1 Apr 2005, 23:06 (Ref:1267538)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As ten-tenths isn't a specific fan site, it is more a general motorsport site, I wonder how this declaration will be received.

It is a good pairing, no doubt, although one of them is ou of action for a little while, so it is an odd time to bring it up!

Welcome to 10 Tenths!
Old 1 Apr 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1267542)   #3
Flying Fin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Doncaster Lad
Flying Fin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry about the fan thing just just looking around the website and gathering a bit of info. just trying to establish myself in the website by trying to get a view peoples opinions. il try to generalise in the future oh and didnt realise montoya was out of action until reading through the posts just now again i apologise i thought i new alot about f1 but i have been proven wrong i have learnt alot of you guys already and i have only been on here for an hour tops!

Last edited by Flying Fin; 1 Apr 2005 at 23:13.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1267548)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a problem, I'm just curious how it'll go! I'm fans of both, but not everyone is.

It is a very interesting combination, yet we've seen a spanner thrown into the works with Montoya's injury. Which is discussed here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67294
Old 2 Apr 2005, 01:33 (Ref:1267602)   #5
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to ten-tenths flying fin. I knew the flying fin would return the f1, I never thought itd be here tho

Everyones got opinions *grins*, lol. F1 atm is VERY exciting, we have a field of drivers who are MEANT to be there.

Webber
Button
Alonso
Schumacher
Rubinho (...even though people dont agree with his character, he is a good driver)
Nick!
Jpm
Kimi

all drivers who have the potential to be world championship drivers, in competitive teams. I dont think JPM and Kimi have started out as fast as they should have, perhaps this shows mclaren they need a development driver (although, they do run a third car, so that makes me even more confused).

Anyway, welcome to the boards, its definetly a great pairing, but the rest of the top field is skilled so its hard to see them doninating like back in 1998.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 02:08 (Ref:1267606)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed. After the first round of pre-season testing, i'd have thought that Mclaren would have the strongest possibility of success, or at least the strongest start.

With a very strong driver pairing, friday 3rd car, 2 very good developement test drivers, Michelins, new factory, etc.. they does seem that little bit stronger on paper than Renault. But so far, that hasn't transfer into results.

They need to do it quick before Ferrari/Bridgestone catches up and make life difficult. It's a real shame if they cannot convert such an advantageous season into success.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1267614)   #7
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Personally, I think Kimi will be inspired to perform in light of JPM's misfortune. If the car beneath him can hold up, I look for him to surprise this weekend. Perhaps even steal a win, though a podium finish would be more realistic .
Old 2 Apr 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1267701)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren were fast in the opening two races - circumstances didn't get them results, but here's hoping!
Old 2 Apr 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1267718)   #9
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome Flying Finn - do you have a nice leather jacket and a brushed aluminium toilet seat?

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 2 Apr 2005 at 09:19.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1267868)   #10
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whereas McLaren may have the best team in terms of their individual talents, and a car that could still be a match for Renault and Ferrari, they just don't seem to ahve got it together so far. Both drivers made mistakes at Melbourne, and Kimi was unlucky and JPM mediocre at Malaysia. Any notion that this would be a repeat of 1988 looks a little misguided now, that's for sure.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1269212)   #11
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt they are very strong on the driver front, their best since 1989 (IMO). They just need to work on the technicals side which has lost its mojo in recent seasons but is still one of the best in F1.

Tags
jpm