Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 1 May 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2872476)   #1
ericthehalfbee
Rookie

United Kingdom
ericthehalfbee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
License Question

I dont have a race license at the moment but am planning to do my ARDS test soon. However, I have a Rotax Max kart and plan to do some races at Dunkeswell before getting a car. I know I can race a kart with a Nat B car license but does anyone know what would happen if i turn up at a kart race with my car race license, what would a Clerk of the Course do if i wanted a signature on my license? I want the car license to do some one-off drives and would rather get it down sooner rather than later so its not anothing to do when i get a car.

thanks in advance,

ETHB
Old 1 May 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2872484)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id like to buy a licence for my half a bee, Eric.

Seriously I had the same issue, used a National B race for karting, but when I wanted to upgrade after 6 Max heavy races they said I would have to buy two licences. Seemed a waste of money so I never upgraded the kart licence. Just means you start at the back, away from the carnage!
Old 2 May 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2872944)   #3
ericthehalfbee
Rookie

United Kingdom
So what happened to your race license, was it upgraded at the kart meetings? did they want you to buy a Nat A kart and a Nat A race license?

I cant make any sense of it, surely you cant get a Nat A race license by completing kart races?
Old 4 May 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2873868)   #4
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No you cant. You can only upgrade a licence by competeing in the highest 'class' that it currently entitles you to use. So to go to a Nat A RACE you must get signitures from nat B RACE events etc...

The MSA just let race licence holders compete in kating events as a sort of 'perk', as they know many car drivers will often do a bit of club karting in the winter.

If your car licence is fully valid (not novice) then you should not be classed as a novice in kart events either (most tracks wouldnt know unless you told them you were on the form anyway!).

But obiously a kart meeting cannot count as experiance to being let loose at a Nat A car event!
Old 7 May 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2876448)   #5
ericthehalfbee
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD Motorsport View Post
No you cant. You can only upgrade a licence by competeing in the highest 'class' that it currently entitles you to use. So to go to a Nat A RACE you must get signitures from nat B RACE events etc...

The MSA just let race licence holders compete in kating events as a sort of 'perk', as they know many car drivers will often do a bit of club karting in the winter.

If your car licence is fully valid (not novice) then you should not be classed as a novice in kart events either (most tracks wouldnt know unless you told them you were on the form anyway!).

But obiously a kart meeting cannot count as experiance to being let loose at a Nat A car event!
thanks for the clarification, i just couldnt make sense of it all. it was simply a case of deciding whether to take an ARDS or ARKS test as at present, i have a kart but hope to have a saloon car in the next year or so, and if i square away the ARDS test now, its done.