Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Aug 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1059880)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tom walkinshaw racim

tom walkinshaw racing
Old 8 Aug 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1059885)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
alot of people have been saying the new holden team will be tom walkinshaw racing not hsv racng can any one shed some light on that one.and by the numbers a few people have been saying that will be on the new team cars will be the team dynamic numbers so can any one shed some light on that one as well.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1059901)   #3
craig888
Rookie

craig888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find the new Team will be called HRT with Holden and HSV backing. What Skaife will call his team if Holden exercises their rumoured performance clause, is another matter

Last edited by craig888; 8 Aug 2004 at 08:55.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1059903)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see a newbie coming in with scoops like this.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 09:01 (Ref:1059904)   #5
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not going to happen. Skaife sits on the HSV board. Can`t see them shafting him can you. Bright will have his own team and It should be a takeover of Dynamik, but definately will not be HRT.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 09:09 (Ref:1059907)   #6
craig888
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMan
Not going to happen. Skaife sits on the HSV board. Can`t see them shafting him can you. Bright will have his own team and It should be a takeover of Dynamik, but definately will not be HRT.
It's not shafting(although their history suggests their very good at it), it's simply exercising their rights for the good of Holden and HSV. I don't think there is any love lost between Crenno and Skaife. Let's face it; if Holden and HSV move away from Skaife Racing to another Team, who's going to care??
Old 8 Aug 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1059944)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not me. I might even be quietly clapping!
Old 8 Aug 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1059954)   #8
pete55
Veteran

The higher you stick your nose in the air the harder it hits the ground.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1059957)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(looks for the shimmer and shudder of the dream sequence...)

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Aug 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1060004)   #10
craig888
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
Not me. I might even be quietly clapping!
I think most people would, including HRT supporters. A few mates of mine follow HRT(have done for a decade)(not your normal sheep)and would much prefer it if MS was not part of the team. He's not popular-the team is.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 22:54 (Ref:1060539)   #11
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 months ago on these very forums when the rumoured Skaiffe buy out was vented we had 100 people on here including the HMS loyal spouting what a great situation it woudl be if MS ended up with the team. Now the wheel has turned, I am a loyal Ford Fan and not at all disappointed at the poor showing tis year but I have to say one thing the bLue boys have remained lyal to thir team through the worst period in their history, the holden boys thats another story, Jump ship Jump ship Jump ship
Old 9 Aug 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1060726)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
which 1s have jumped ship in the last 2 years?is it true that its not walkinshaw its bright taking over team dynamic?dosnt mater to me because im a fan of bright, so i hope if he gets his own team he can stay as competitive as he is with pwr watch my name change if he leaves pwr LOL. but tom would be good backing to have him involved int he teamwho would be his co driver at the new team?rumur has it it would be garth tander but i dont think he would go from lead driver to second driverdo you?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1061927)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
heard new news today from a contact that bright is almost certain to to buy dynamic with hsv as a major sponser but keeping the dynamic crew but they will run pwr dencar chasis an pwr engines true/false i or the contact aint shaw if any 1s got info please post on this thread desperate 2 know so i can change my name LOL.if i get more info i will keep you posted so if all u people could do the same ill apresiate it.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1061943)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PWR doesnt currently have the capacity or facility to prepare engines at the moment.

One of our fellow forum posters confirmed that the dynos have gone from Kitchen Rd Dandenong.... so unless HMS is willing to supply a 5th main series team (imagine being #9 and #10 in the queue for development....YAY!! ) or indeed they retain Mr Draper's services in Qld, its not likely....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1061974)   #15
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats happened to the Dyno's?-Confirm
I thought Wills brought the Engine Business & Draper worked for him ?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1061999)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Techo
I thought Wills brought the Engine Business & Draper worked for him ?
I believe that is the case... but it would be interesting to have car prep in Clayton & Adelaide, and engine prep in Queensland....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1062014)   #17
Techo
Racer

Yes - well it still seems a bit unclear as to what PWR is planning to do at Dandenong ?
What does Oscar do ? and is Wills a partner ?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1062027)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I actually thought PWR were supporting the Mitsubishi Ralliart ARC rally program, since Mr Heaphy runs the Magnas out of the main premises...

They were supposed to take over the ARC Lancers in 2005 and beyond as well.... Mitsubishi's latest financial tripups will probably kill that now

Dencar is allegedly moving to/has moved to Dandenong, to work in the other factory unit....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1062044)   #19
Techo
Racer

My mail is that the Ralliart thing is moving next door -(common wall)and that it is AH's deal (completely seperate).
PWR and all that what the main race shop for whatever reason (dunno might even be for Bright racing ?)and that Skaife's EX engineer/#1 mechanic has been spotted there stuffing around with the dyno's !
So I'm still waiting to hear exactly, but I'm sure we will find out...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1062052)   #20
Techo
Racer

P>S i forgot, to say that the manufacturing factory problems I think will have little effect on the Advertising ( motorsport ) budget, as it is cheap to advertise compered to the huge cost of making cars...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1062062)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Techo
P>S i forgot, to say that the manufacturing factory problems I think will have little effect on the Advertising ( motorsport ) budget, as it is cheap to advertise compered to the huge cost of making cars...
Perhaps, but the Fin Review reported this week that MMAL has had its moset recent set of accounts passed, but not without qualification, questioning that business' ability to continue to trade as a going concern without a financial injection from the parent....

I am taking offers for the Magna
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1062071)   #22
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1062076)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
Is that with a full tank of fuel??? The Vortex gold I filled it with not 2 hrs ago cost $75......
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1062087)   #24
pete55
Veteran

OK, 150 then.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 09:21 (Ref:1063700)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
now im hearing that brighty might be buying number 24 (old romano racing) can any one shed some light on that one.