Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Mar 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1563849)   #1
Hess
Rookie

Hess should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buying tickets for the Australian GP in the last week.

I am going to the Australian Grand Prix next weekend (from interstate), but have yet to buy tickets. Not being familiar with the track, I am unsure whether to buy General Admission, or Grandstand tickets. Just wondering if anyone might be able to give me some guidance.....and if grandstand is the go....which stands are best? Many thanks.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1563879)   #2
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
general admission is much cheaper, but the best spots are definitely grandstand on main straight...

if you do get general admission, take along a book or mag and get there as early as you can and sit yourself on the hill overlooking turn 10 (be mindful that this is the most popular general admission spot and will be full of loud bogans though) - this is about the only other possible passing spot other than end of main straight, and has a big screen opposite...
Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1563887)   #3
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
general admission is much cheaper, but the best spots are definitely grandstand on main straight...

if you do get general admission, take along a book or mag and get there as early as you can and sit yourself on the hill overlooking turn 10 (be mindful that this is the most popular general admission spot and will be full of loud bogans though) - this is about the only other possible passing spot other than end of main straight, and has a big screen opposite...
To a point, I agree with you rocketracer.

It was interesting to see how the teams set themselves up for the race on Sunday from our vantage point on the Prost stand on the main straight, but really my wife and I spent most of our time watching the race on a super screen because they were incredibly quick by the time they passed us.

I don't remember the name of the grandstand on the last corner (think it's Schumacher) but that gives you a better view of the cars as they go past, because they have to slow to take the last couple of corners.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1565562)   #4
Hess
Rookie

Tickets....!!!

Thanks for your advice guys......I managed to get some tickets in the Fangio stand.....so will see how that goes. I did try to buy tickets under the new 'Two Stand' package, but they were all sold out - think this will be a popular choice in the future. With the weather forcast the way it is, I figure that reserved seats in one of the stands (that will be reasonably dry underfoot) will be of some benefit. In any case, your comments were greatly appreciated!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1565575)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be easy enough...though a mate of mine there just said it's due to be 23 degrees and not nice weather so he may not go...
Old 31 Mar 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1565694)   #6
Hess
Rookie

Yeah Suze - I'm coming from interstate and with airfares, accommodation, and GP tickets I have already spent over $2k (wife's going too) - so we will just have to deal with the weather that we are given on the day I guess Will take a raincoat and some summer and winter clothing - you never know what it's going to do in Melbourne....!!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1566261)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aha, see that's why I'm looking at going next year and staying with a friend....