Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2002, 14:00 (Ref:296580)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Frentzen

once again, Heinz-Harold Frentzen proves that Tom Walkinshaw made the right decision by hiring him instead of Jos Verstappen! well done Heinz
Old 26 May 2002, 14:01 (Ref:296583)   #2
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, Jos could have also scored a point, don't forget that the A23 has more downforce, more grip and about 50 BHP more than the A22, also Jos could have scored a point in Monaco last year, but the team made a mistake with his pitstop.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:03 (Ref:296586)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i thought you'd turn up Steve, but the point is, Jos didn't score a point, and Heinz did, well done Heinz!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:06 (Ref:296588)   #4
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that was a well deserved point.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:09 (Ref:296592)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
But it does'nt mean that TW is right, it means that the team learned from their mistakes from last year, produced a better car with a better engine, and did'nt make a mistake during the pitstop: Jos could have been 5th last year if the mechanics had not made that mistake(with a car with less downforce,less grip and less horsepower).

Last edited by steve nielsen; 26 May 2002 at 14:09.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:10 (Ref:296593)   #6
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know why all those dutch fans disagree with the replacement of Jos Verstappen,at fisrst I was angry (not because it was Verstappen)cause Tom dumpt a driver he already hired.But is you look pure that the sportive side,than I think any team boss or manager would replace Jos with Frentzen,I ain't saying that Jos is a bad driver,he was superb on karts but he is just slower than Frentzen.It's time that his fans start realizing this.What Tom did wasn't nice,but I think that everybody would do the same if they had the oppertunity to contract a faster and better sponserd driver...Woudn't you?????
Old 26 May 2002, 14:14 (Ref:296598)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by bart_jacobs
I don't know why all those dutch fans disagree with the replacement of Jos Verstappen,at fisrst I was angry (not because it was Verstappen)cause Tom dumpt a driver he already hired.But is you look pure that the sportive side,than I think any team boss or manager would replace Jos with Frentzen,I ain't saying that Jos is a bad driver,he was superb on karts but he is just slower than Frentzen.It's time that his fans start realizing this.What Tom did wasn't nice,but I think that everybody would do the same if they had the oppertunity to contract a faster and better sponserd driver...Woudn't you?????
Jos slower than HHF??: NO WAY!, give them an equal car and they will be very closely matched!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:14 (Ref:296600)   #8
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jos is absolutely no match for HHF.
one is a proven race winner, the other..........well, i wont say!!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:18 (Ref:296603)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
jos is absolutely no match for HHF.
one is a proven race winner, the other..........well, i wont say!!
he won races for WILLIAMS and JORDAN, Jos has never driven fore those teams but has scored 7points for Arrows in 96,00 and 01), where was Frentzen when he was driving a Prost??

Last edited by steve nielsen; 26 May 2002 at 14:19.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:19 (Ref:296605)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Steve, give it up mate, there is a reason that Jos isn't in F1, and thats cos HH-F is better!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:20 (Ref:296608)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
HHF is suddenly better because he scored 2 points in an Arrows wich is much better than the A21 and A22??, I don't think so!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:26 (Ref:296613)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
HHF is suddenly better
not suddenly Steve, always has been, why do you think HH-F has driven for Williams and Jordan, and other than Benetton, Jos hasn't reached such heights?
Old 26 May 2002, 14:28 (Ref:296619)   #13
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look, jos is a quick driver, but not in the class of HHF!!!!!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:28 (Ref:296621)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Jos and HH - not much to choose between the two of them IMHO.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:32 (Ref:296630)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Harry was good this race, but then Arrows have been since they got some testing miles in.

Note: HHF lapped BOTH Jaguars whilst fighting a Ferrari for a points place. How embarrasing for Ford!!!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:39 (Ref:296641)   #16
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
look, jos is a quick driver, but not in the class of HHF!!!!!
Jos, like a said before is nothing less than HHF,the point is: Jos has never had a real chance to prove that, people who have seen him driving in Opel Lotus or F3 know he has done a lot better than HHF did in those....

Last edited by steve nielsen; 26 May 2002 at 14:43.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:21 (Ref:296669)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Jos, like a said before is nothing less than HHF,the point is: Jos has never had a real chance to prove that, people who have seen him driving in Opel Lotus or F3 know he has done a lot better than HHF did in those....
Well, as we've seen with Sato, just because you're quick in a slower less powerfull car doesn't mean you are good at the highest level. Never rated him personally and don't miss him now but maybe he's just a case of "wrong place, wrong time".

HHF is a "could do better" in my biik but today he showed some metal. Good luck to him.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:50 (Ref:296686)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frentzen's defiantely the more talented of the two drivers, btu Jos didn't really get the right breaks earlier, he ended up in F1 too soon but enver did enough to show real F1 potential. Barrichello, Salo and De La Rosa, arguably Bernoldi, not to mention Schumacher, all generally outperformed him. Frentzen meanwhile has outdone Wendlinger, Herbert, De Cesaris, ran Villeneueve close, shattered Hill, and challegned Trulli. He's also outqualified Bernoldi everytime, a man who (as a ROOKIE) Jos only beat 7 times.
Old 26 May 2002, 17:16 (Ref:296754)   #19
The Accomplice
Rookie

The Accomplice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HHF has won two GP's and Jos has won squat-diddly. HHF shows more pace, more brains and has much better PR than the dud-dutchman. It dosen't take a brain surgeon to workout why Tom chucked out Jos and took a GP winner.
Old 26 May 2002, 17:41 (Ref:296765)   #20
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh boy - funny how Jos' name seems to show up in any thread involving Frentzen,Bernoldi,Walkinshaw and Arrows. Steve, GET OVER IT !

Great drive drive by Heinz this afternoon. I thought he could have given Fisicella a run for 5th as well but he lost time in the pits and went off line to led the leaders pass. Still, great work by Frentzen.
Old 26 May 2002, 17:42 (Ref:296766)   #21
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HHF vs Jos isn't really the issue, IMO. HHF has got a great reputation and a long history of experience, something that a small outfit such as Arrows desperately needs. It is obvious that HHF is a huge asset to the team.

The ISSUE is Jos vs Bernoldi. That, IMO is more tight to call. But then I think Bernoldi's great too!!
Old 26 May 2002, 17:49 (Ref:296773)   #22
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
where was Frentzen when he was driving a Prost??
Okay, he stalled in the end, but 4th place on the grid at Spa last year was amazing.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 26 May 2002, 17:56 (Ref:296777)   #23
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

Note: HHF lapped BOTH Jaguars whilst fighting a Ferrari for a points place. How embarrasing for Ford!!!
The highlight of the race I think. Very Funny. Wonder how much longer Ford will keep paying the bills.
Old 26 May 2002, 18:34 (Ref:296805)   #24
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom was wrong to do what he did to Jos , but if he had to do it , then Heinz was a good choice . Heinz seems to be on a roll at the moment . Well done Heinz
Old 26 May 2002, 19:29 (Ref:296860)   #25
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
Oh boy - funny how Jos' name seems to show up in any thread involving Frentzen,Bernoldi,Walkinshaw and Arrows. Steve, GET OVER IT !

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm, was'nt this tread started by MR V who said this was why Jos was replaced?