Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jul 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1028932)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lamborghini For The British GT Championship

I have just seen in this weeks Motorsport News that DAMS are planning to run both there Lamborghini MurciƩlago R-GT in the British Championship round at Silverstone in August in preperation for the rest of the FIA GT Championship.

Now this is good news and it shows that the British GT Championship is really going places.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1029000)   #2
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One car at Silverstone Rob.... but is there a class to run it in? I don't really believe it says anything about British GTs, other than Piccini wants to race the thing somewhere, before racing in FIA GTs. FFSA more appropriate?
MC

Last edited by eddsc; 7 Jul 2004 at 10:27.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1029018)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have not read the article in any depth. But the class thing had crossed my mine too, but IIRC didn't Ratel say that if there where 4 or 5 cars in the class then they would run it. If the Lambo does turn up, then you never Lister might enter a Storm, Graham Nash might enter one of there Saleen's.

As you say Piccini is looking to run the car before the FIA GT's. I am not up on the FFSA calander is there are there any round of that championship between now and when DAMS enter the car in the FIA GT Championship. Maybe is this why they are looking at the British Championship instead.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:49 (Ref:1029027)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But could Ratel introduce a new class mid-season, perhaps only for one race? I can't see the GT class runners being over-amused.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1029055)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
But could Ratel introduce a new class mid-season, perhaps only for one race? I can't see the GT class runners being over-amused.
I can see what you are saying there, but what you have to remember that this is the showpeace round of the championship and I would think that the Saturday races will take place in front of what I would expect to be the biggest crowd of the season, so why not add the GT cars to the championship as a one off.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1029140)   #6
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GNM and Lister will be busy enough with the LMES race on Saturday. You're quite right about French GTs - there doesn't seem to be a race now until early September (that series takes August 'off', to allow everyone to have a holiday, as is the custom in France).
MC
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1029900)   #7
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger the championship, I'm willing to put rules & classes aside for this one...I want to see the M.

Just a non-scoring invite would do, although I can't understand why DAMS & P don't just go for the LMES round as a trial, even if they don't run to the end, presumably the car is identical to the Barbour-Krohn ALMS car so would pass ACO scrutineering.

Rgds, Chris
Old 8 Jul 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1029939)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well from reading Autosport it looks as if Graham Nash are planning to run one of there FIA GT Saleens.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1030746)   #9
Jensen
Racer

Jensen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephane Ratel did indeed say that he would run a GT class if the numbers were 6 or above in a recent meeting but I think this thing at Silverstone is more of a helping hand to Dams and Graham Nash's saleen. Stephane has said that it is not something he would change mid season but would review at start of 05 as he did at start of 04. I would say it would probably upset a few NGT guys but I think they should be permitted to run, even if it's non points etc, the Lambo and saleen are both fantastic cars and would be credit to the british championship to race with us. The saleen for sale at Donnington during the recent FIA Gt weekend was quite a tempting idea, fantastic machine.

Last edited by Jensen; 8 Jul 2004 at 22:42.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 05:10 (Ref:1030954)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
And sold there and then to a current Brit GT team!
Old 9 Jul 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1031134)   #11
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will they go for FIA GT or wait for the big boys to return to brit GT?
Old 9 Jul 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1031673)   #12
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not happy with the idea of the GT class coming back just for a one off race - where were they at the begining of the season?
It's not fair on any team in either of the two current championships to suddenly be demoted in the coverage because one or two bigger cars appear.
If they want to race that weekend then go in the LMES and stay out of the GTs.