Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1302375)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Let your voice be heard? / The FIA website asks

According to the FIA website homepage (animated gold wording) we will, as from the Monaco GP, be able to let our feelings be known as regards the state of F1. www.fia.com
Old 16 May 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1302385)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's... er... brave of them.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1302388)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Extremely brave.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1302393)   #4
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds fantastic. But I think the race fans won't have much influence. Max Mosley's policy has been in contrast with the public opinion for years. I don't see why he would change that.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1302401)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it will all depend how people express themselves. Most submission will, rightly, be binned because they will be abusive and/or ill-conceived. Submit a decent well considered and argued point and I think it will get considered.

Why not practice here!
Old 16 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1302420)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't see 'em listening, but it's worth a punt isn't it?
Old 16 May 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1302463)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The state of F1?

Excellent.

5 races so far this year - all entertaining.

A new era of champions fighting for the title.

No more silly tire changes.

Just move the current qualifying sessions to Friday/Saturday and all will be excellent.

And ban refuelling in the future.
Old 16 May 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1302486)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Well it will all depend how people express themselves. Most submission will, rightly, be binned because they will be abusive and/or ill-conceived. Submit a decent well considered and argued point and I think it will get considered.

Why not practice here!
Adam, absolutely correct, and brilliantly conveyed!
Old 16 May 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1302493)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Show some impartiality for once would be an ask of mine, although that is an extreme demand I know.
Old 16 May 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1302640)   #10
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're only going to listen to the stuff they want to hear and tell everyone later that they listened to the little people...one of the oldest political tricks in the book. Keeps the teams happy next time they mess with the rules.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1302686)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

Why not practice here!
I have just about enough of your crazy talk Ashmore! Outrageous!

Those entering submissions would be wise to get their facts right before embarrassing themselves also. Make sure any critism about rules etc is actually FIA related. 95% of things I see them get blasted over on these forums is not decided by the FIA.
Old 17 May 2005, 01:57 (Ref:1302688)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex

Those entering submissions would be wise to get their facts right before embarrassing themselves also. Make sure any criticism about rules etc is actually FIA related. 95% of things I see them get blasted over on these forums is not decided by the FIA.
Most important I would agree for one to really know what one is talking about before submitting to, or being critical of anything to do with the FIA.

But none the less it's a great idea for the FIA to to see how little the fans actually know about the current rules myself included of course.
Old 17 May 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1302987)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps as a group we could submit a set of technical regulations which could be proof read by some of the "experts" here before being submitted to the FIA?
Old 17 May 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1302991)   #14
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with KB except we should go back to old qualifying so we get 40 mins of boredom followed by 20 mins of increasing excitement rather than 1hour of bland contentness
Old 17 May 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1303029)   #15
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Changes that should be made

Practice
All teams that came 6th or lower in the previous championship are allowed to have three drivers in all practice sesions

Race
Bring back tire changes during races

Tyres
Practice - Unlimited
Qualifying - Unlimited
Race - Unlimited

Engines
-Practice- Unlimited
-Qualifying 1 - Unlimited
-Qualifying 2 & Race-1 engine for qualifying 2 and race (Any engine changes will not result in any penalties)

Friday
free practive 1.1 10:00 - 11:00
free practive 1.2 12:00 - 13:00
free practive 1.3 14:00 - 15:00

Saturday
free practive 2.1 09:00 - 10:00
free practive 2.2 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 1 14:00 - 15:00

Sunday
Qualifying 2 9:00-10:00
Warm-up 12:00-12:30
Race 15:00
Old 17 May 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1303078)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mabs, your engine regulations don't make sense. How would a team whose engine fails in qualifying 2 be penalised? They're already at the back of the grid, and that's if they can't build an engine to last 3 laps.

I'm fine with the current one-tyre rule, it adds to the challenge for both drivers and tyre manufacturers, and hasn't caused accidents or a reduction in overtaking (we even had some at Imola and Barcelona, perhaps as a direct result). The only thing which does need changing is the timing of the qualifying sessions, if not the entire system itself. While we've got long-life engines and aggregated grids there's clearly no option to have a 12-lap session.
Old 17 May 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1303094)   #17
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Mabs, your engine regulations don't make sense. How would a team whose engine fails in qualifying 2 be penalised? They're already at the back of the grid, and that's if they can't build an engine to last 3 laps.
I've got news for you. The current engine regulations don't make sense too. What if Minardi change an engine after the 2nd qualifying?
Old 17 May 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1303095)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
My F1 technical regulations...

Bodywork/Aero:
-Lowered front wing to pre – 2000 levels in order to increase front end grip.
-Reduced size of rear diffuser, approximately 50% less efficient.
-No “mini-wings” allowed above the height of the rear wing.
-Rear wing to have a maximum of 1 single element with a mandatory top section placed at right angle of 70mm tall in order to create drag (and create ad space).
-Rear wing to have a maximum surface area of a given dimension.
-Overall intended 70% loss in downforce.
-Increase track to 200cm (pre 1998 levels).

Engines:
-A choice between V8 2.6L, V10 2.5L, or V-12 2.2L engines.
-1 single engine per race weekend.
-Engine block must be a minimum weight (higher than currently).

Tyres:
-1 set of tyres for the race and qualifying (same as now)
-Tyres to be of slick (no grooves) construction.
-Rear tyres to be 100mm wider than the front tyres (whatever that dimension may be).

Chassis:
-Minimum car weight to be 800Kg.
-Titanium skid blocks to be placed at the rear of the wooden plank.

Other:
-No re-fueling.
-All points scoring cars to be stripped and examined post race.
-Increase in the average number of racing laps by 5.

Old 17 May 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1303103)   #19
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Practice
All teams that restrict their testing activities to 20 days per season are allowed to have three drivers in all practice sesions

Race
Bring back tire changes during races, ban refuelling.

Qualifying
One hour, no limitations on laps. No parc fermé regulations.

Tyres
Practice - Unlimited
Qualifying - Unlimited
Race - Unlimited

Engines
Practice - Unlimited
Qualifying - Unlimited
Race - Unlimited

Friday
Free practive 1 09:00 - 10:30
Free practive 2 12:00 - 13:00
Free practive 3 14:00 - 15:00

Saturday
Free practive 4 09:00 - 10:00
Free practive 5 11:00 - 11:45
Warm-up 12:30 - 12:45
Qualifying 13:00 - 14:00

Sunday
Warm-up 9:00 - 9:45
Race 14:00
Old 17 May 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1303107)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
I've got news for you. The current engine regulations don't make sense too. What if Minardi change an engine after the 2nd qualifying?
They usually do.

Surely the last few posts are way off topic.
Old 17 May 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1303111)   #21
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
1. Aerodynamics
- Front wing lowered to the pre 2001 levels.
- Ban all wing end plates.
- Front wing limited to have only two elements
- Rear wing back on levels of 2000.
- Abolition of the obligation to have a wooden board.
- Reintroduction of ventures, no skirts.
- A car width of 200cm.

2. Engines
- The full abolition of the one engine rule;
- An increase of the engine capacity to 4000cc or even 4500cc;
- The reintroduction of turbo engines with a maximum capacity of 1500cc;
- The engine manufactures should have the freedom to choose how much cylinders, valves, what kind of engine and materials to use.

3. Tyres
- The reintroduction of the wide slicks, just as used in the 1980's.
- Unlimited number of sets tyres;
- A driver must have the possibility to change compound during the whole weekend.

4. Electronics
- A ban on traction control;
- A ban on electronic throttle.
- The introduction of a standard ECU with the possibility for teams to adapt the setup.

5. Point awarding system
1st: 10
2nd: 6
3rd: 4
4th: 3
5th: 2
6th: 1
Pole: 1
Fastest lap: 1
Old 17 May 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1303117)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pingguest - I fear your cars would be stupidly fast
Old 17 May 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1303125)   #23
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
With the reintroduction of venturis and restrictions on other aerodynamics, cars wouldn't probably be faster. There is no extra downforce, but only a different way to create downforce.
Old 17 May 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1303134)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Perhaps he would like to test drive one of his creations.
Old 17 May 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1303187)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what ever happened with bernie's suggestion to get rid of all testing, let all teams test on friday and saturday with a third driver and simply add more races? was he even serious about this or was it just an off the cuff remark aimed at his annoyance about all the test ban talk? i think it would work/rather i dont see a downside to it.
in the end i would just be happy if i had a race to watch every weekend