Old 23 Sep 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3308163)   #1
BeccaBlue
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Sussex
BeccaBlue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting to Silverstone

Hey Ten Tenthers, I'm in need of your help again

In a few weeks I'll be moving up to Bedford to start a Masters, and really want to carry on marshalling. Silverstone's going to be nearest, but I won't have a car and so far I haven't found any public transport that runs early enough to get me there for sign-on (I'm about 40 mins away).

Anyone got any suggestions (other than get a car )/ know of earlier public transport I might have missed?

Cheers
Old 23 Sep 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3308194)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hate to say it but get a car - other option is to get the train to Milton Keynes (change at Bletchley) and ask on here for a lift - plenty of people heading up the A5.

Otherwise just ask on here - I'm sure you'll find lifts from Bedford/Cranfield/Bletchley/MK.

Oddly with no car you may find it easier to marshal at Brands!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3308217)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBlue View Post
Anyone got any suggestions (other than get a car )/ know of earlier public transport I might have missed? ...
Have you thought of getting a motorbike? Hey, it's not a car
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3308219)   #4
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I can suggest is to do what I did in a similar situation (although it was 40 years ago )

Find out about other Marshals who live in your local area and beg a lift, but importantly offer a contribution to fuel costs.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3308323)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there are several other marshals in and around Cambridge who will pass by Bedford (including me) who may be able to give you a lift. I'm sure they'll be a few in Bedford or the surrounding villages aswell
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3308848)   #6
BeccaBlue
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Sussex
BeccaBlue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase View Post
Have you thought of getting a motorbike? Hey, it's not a car
Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
I know there are several other marshals in and around Cambridge who will pass by Bedford (including me) who may be able to give you a lift. I'm sure they'll be a few in Bedford or the surrounding villages aswell
I guess I'll be begging lifts off the other local marshals then (at least until I have the funds for my own vehicle). What's the best way of getting hold of people? I can provide petrol money and sweets
Old 24 Sep 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3308875)   #7
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBlue View Post
I guess I'll be begging lifts off the other local marshals then (at least until I have the funds for my own vehicle). What's the best way of getting hold of people? I can provide petrol money and sweets
Putting begs on here and then talking to them through the private messaging thingy on here i would guess.

I believe the marshals needed bit of the forum has it as a secondary function.

Personally I'm at Silverstone for the Birkett and then both days of the Walter Hayes Trophy (staying in a hotel)