Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jan 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1205341)   #1
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry Spots

It's all a bit confusing.

What franchises are up for grabs, and who does not have an entry?

Could we REALLY end up with no Dumbrell, no Richo or no Britek entries etc. after all?!
Old 20 Jan 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1205407)   #2
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall try to explain: In 2004 there was 35 licences issued for the V8Supercar Main Series. They consist of 13 x Level 1 (which allow them 2 licences) and 9 x Level 2 (which allows them to use 1 licence).

The licence holders for 2004 were:

Level 1 (13 holders)
SBR - Cars 1 & 9
HRT - Cars 2 & 22
Tasman - Cars 3 & 23 (the 23 slot leased to WPS for season)
FPR - Cars 5 & 6
CPR - Cars 8 & 11
LMS - Cars 10 & 20
BJR - Cars 12 & 21
Kmart - Cars 15 & 51
PWR - Cars 16 & 50
DJR - Cars 17 & 18
GRM - Cars 33 & 34
Team Dynamik - Cars 44 & 45
888 Racing - Cars 88 & 888

Level 2
Rod Nash - Car 7 (customer for Larry Perkins)
Mike Imrie - Car 14 (leased out to Porter, WPS, Team Dynamic, Smith Trucks etc. for 2004)
Team Kiwi - Car 021
Romano Racing - Car 24 (used by Garth Walden most of 2004)
PMM - Car 29
SER - Car 31
PWR - Car 43 (used by David Krause in the spare PWR cars early in 2004, then HYL late 2004)
WPS - Car 48 (was David Thextons car 99 franchise at the start of 2004)
Paul Little Racing - Car 75 for Anthony Tratt (customer for Larry Perkins)

With the sale of Larry's Level 1 franchise to WPS, there is conjecture on which licence are available to him?

The Possible licence holders for 2005 are:

Level 1 (13 holders)
SBR - Cars 1 & 9
HRT - Cars 2 & 22
Tasman - Cars 3 & 23 (Tasman running 2 cars for 2005)
FPR - Cars 5 & 6
WPS - Cars 8 & 11 (although the car numbers may be changed)
LMS - Cars 10 & 20
BJR - Cars 12 & 21
Kmart - Cars 15 & 16
PWR - Cars 50 & 51
DJR - Cars 17 & 18
GRM - Cars 33 & 34
Team Dynamik - Cars 44 & 45
888 Racing - Cars 88 & 888

Level 2
Mike Imrie - Car 14 (believe leased to Britek for 2005 & 2006)
Team Kiwi - Car 021
Romano Racing - Car 24 (believe to be used by Garth Walden for 2005)
PMM - Car 29
SER - Car 31 (believed sold to Britek but not confirmed)
PWR - Car 43 (believed sold to Perkins but not confirmed)
WPS - Car 48 (believed sold back to TEGA to cut entry list to 34)

If the list shown above is correct, then the group of cars in Larry Perkins group will only be 3 (Richards, Davidson & Tratt) leaving Paul Dumbrell out of a drive.

I hope that explains it all.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1205450)   #3
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a real shame if WPS run Larrys famous #11 number, it would be a real slap in the face for the thousands of die hard LP / Castrol supporters.....
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1205489)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Level 2
Mike Imrie - Car 14 (believe leased to Britek for 2005 & 2006)
Team Kiwi - Car 021
Romano Racing - Car 24 (believe to be used by Garth Walden for 2005)
PMM - Car 29
SER - Car 31 (believed sold to Britek but not confirmed)
PWR - Car 43 (believed sold to Perkins but not confirmed)
WPS - Car 48 (believed sold back to TEGA to cut entry list to 34)

I am of the strong opinion that Britek will only be running one car in the main series, if any. Team Britek will most likely purchase the SER 31# franchise outright.

These leaves Dumbrell leasing #14 from Mike Imrie, and #43 to Steven Richards, i assume Davidson is Rod Nash's number #7

In the event of Britek somehow preparing two cars in 5 weeks to be ready for the AGP (which as i said, is HIGHLY unlikely - unless they are PREPARED and RUN by FPR, and merely entered as Britek).......

Is there a possibility that Larry Perkins will buy out "Paul Little Racing Franchise" ???
Anthony Tratt never really sets the world on fire, and im sure Larry could run a Toll/Castrol Livery, and give Tratt the endurance drive with Dumbrell.

Ive said this before, and ill say it again.. Tratt doesnt deserve to be on the V8 Grid. He has never had a decent result, and has been a backmarker as long as i can remember. Ok, he has the cash and he has a Larry Perkins built car, but i'm sure if the right deal was put into place, Tratt could be used for the enduro's with Dumbrell, the franchise bought, and Toll onboard as a sponsor with the two Castrol cars.

Its a win-win-win.

1. We get a crappy backmarker whos simply filling up a franchise that a talented driver deserves to use OFF the grid

2. Toll-Ipec get sponsorship on the Castrol Perkins cars, which will give them much more exposure in V8's then they have had previously.

3. Tratt still gets to drive V8's for the enduro's (just to prove that he really is as $hit as we all know he is.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1205501)   #5
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Its a win-win-win.

1. We get a crappy backmarker whos simply filling up a franchise that a talented driver deserves to use OFF the grid

2. Toll-Ipec get sponsorship on the Castrol Perkins cars, which will give them much more exposure in V8's then they have had previously.

3. Tratt still gets to drive V8's for the enduro's (just to prove that he really is as $hit as we all know he is.
Dont you think you are being a tad harsh on Tratty?

Dont forget he did finish higher in the series than Dumbrell.......

But then again, I would MUCH rather see Richo on the track then Tratt, if he was forced on the sidelines because of a franchise problem it would be a real waste of talent and the elimination of a genuine title contender!
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1205506)   #6
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
It might be a little harsh on tratt, but i think Dumbrell is much more talented then he will ever be. Tratts been in the game a long time, and is still ****, whilst Dumbrell is still learning the craft.

Given the link between Tratt and Perkins, its not an unreasonable option
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1205513)   #7
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Yeah, Pauls qualifying effort at Bathurst shows to me that he is a real talent.

I hope they sort him out a spot ASAP. But I dont think they should just boot Tratty out, I mean if that was the case you may as well kick out a couple of others too.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1205521)   #8
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Also I remember seeing a resonably sized shell sticker on the bum of the Toll VY, I don't know if its the best fit having Castrol (BP) and Tratts carry over sponsor (Shell) mashed onto a new car.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1205530)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Looking at the back of Tratts 2004 car.

The largest sponsor on the back is ORIX, then NEC

There are only two tiny shell symbols.

Perkins have had Black/Green/Red cars before.

Whats stopping them spreading the Autobarn, Castrol, and Toll sponsorship across all three cars.

It would make for one hell of a paint job !

Im not being mean to tratty, but Dumbrell has a big future. By all means, make it a condition of not racing that he has an Enduro drive with the team for the next 5 years or something.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1205541)   #10
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Looking at the back of Tratts 2004 car.

The largest sponsor on the back is ORIX, then NEC

There are only two tiny shell symbols.

Perkins have had Black/Green/Red cars before.

Whats stopping them spreading the Autobarn, Castrol, and Toll sponsorship across all three cars.

It would make for one hell of a paint job !

Im not being mean to tratty, but Dumbrell has a big future. By all means, make it a condition of not racing that he has an Enduro drive with the team for the next 5 years or something.

Are you his Father ?

PD has as much a future as any of the other SORF's out there. (the Kellys [yes both], Morris, Ellery, S Johnson, S Wills, P Weel, B Jones ( well ?)

Sure Tratty isn't super fast, but as he can afford to be out there, that means he will be faster than you will be in V8 Supercars in 2005
Old 20 Jan 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1205548)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Im not anyones father.. as far as i know
Old 20 Jan 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1205558)   #12
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Paul Little, the owner of the Tratt franchise, high up in Toll.....thus the reason for Tratty and Toll to exist...Toll get many benefits out of the Tratt arrangement, like corporate krap that goes on at the track.

Last edited by James63; 20 Jan 2005 at 12:38.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1205560)   #13
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
What is the relationship between Paul Little and Anthony Tratt then ?? Good Mates ?

I just think that Toll as a sponsor would get more out of the v8's as a sponsor of Perkins Motorsport, then a sponsor of Tratt.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1205875)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Little owns the team Mr Tratt drives for... Mr Little is CEO & significant shareholder in Toll Holdings....

And these guys have said repeatedly that results arent the only measure of success, the corporate hospitality is equally, if not more important.

On merit, the driver is likely not one of the top 35 in the country. But he has access to a franchise and a budget and a team, and keeps on keeping on....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jan 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1205960)   #15
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets face it. You'd all be out there if you had the backer and access to a franchise.

Even if you fared worse than Thexton (let alone Tratty) you would scream blue murder if they wanted to take your bat an ball.

Leave Tratty race. I miss the days when anyone with the balls could get out and give it a go. The Franchise system has taken some of the fun out of it with the more amateur competitors sidelined.

....imagine a team of Thexton and Rodney you could get The Comedy Club to sponsor them, marketing GOLD I tell you marketing Gold!
Old 21 Jan 2005, 01:48 (Ref:1206046)   #16
Frosty
Rookie

Frosty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
britek will run only one car so dumbrell will be able to race this year guys.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1206128)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Britek is running 2 cars in the main series Frosty... another in Konica too... all BA's... 2 ex-FPR cars, one Speedymobile...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1206153)   #18
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon, and might be alone, but I reckon none the less that the ex-Speedy mobile is the bestest of the 3 for no other reason than the awe and agreeance of a former team owner who described the Speedy BA as a work of art that had to be fast with the right driver at the wheel
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1206158)   #19
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Britek is running 2 cars in the main series Frosty... another in Konica too... all BA's... 2 ex-FPR cars, one Speedymobile...
You seem very sure about this GTRM, but where is the confirmation?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1206170)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Britek launch mid-Feb dont they? That will confirm it...

The procurement of the Speedy cars was not an accident... and there were quite a few interested parties before Mr White rocked up with the cash
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1206172)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
I reckon, and might be alone, but I reckon none the less that the ex-Speedy mobile is the bestest of the 3 for no other reason than the awe and agreeance of a former team owner who described the Speedy BA as a work of art that had to be fast with the right driver at the wheel
Its a nicely built Beehag shell... with Harrop running gear underneath it, like the Speedy AU... the good part is in the engine department... with 630bhp+ on tap...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jan 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1206174)   #22
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
So #31, which is a slightly safer franchise then #14 (In terms of competing at restricted rounds) will be for Owen, White, or will it be shared ?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1206177)   #23
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
And also what will happen to the equipment, hardware, cars and Staff from the existing SER????

Will they only run in the development series, or will the gear and blokes migrate to Melbourne with Britek?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1206178)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Britek-owned ex-SER franchise will become Mr Owen's... Mr White will run the leased ex-IMS franchise
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jan 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1206181)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timu
And also what will happen to the equipment, hardware, cars and Staff from the existing SER????

Will they only run in the development series, or will the gear and blokes migrate to Melbourne with Britek?
Mr Ellery Sr seems comfortable in running a V8Lites operation from the former L2 facility for the moment....
#CANCERSUCKS