Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2001, 23:57 (Ref:95761)   #1
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Williams win again this year?

Hi, being a Williams fan since ohh about since I was born (1981), i'd like to see another win or two. What tracks do you think they have a chance on?

My bet is on either Hockenheim or Monza.
Old 24 May 2001, 04:25 (Ref:95789)   #2
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe they have a chance at every circuit this year.

The more victories the better, I say.....
Old 24 May 2001, 11:10 (Ref:95909)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm.. good question, this. I don't know. If they DO win, it will probably be picking up the peices of the top two (there is still a top TWO, despite Austria). I just don't think their reliability is strong enough yet. Next year there'll be a TRUE three way battle. Have to feel sorry for Jordan though. It looks like they'll end up not quite making it AGAIN!!
Old 24 May 2001, 11:12 (Ref:95911)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they'll make an impression this weekend although I suspect it will be the German chappie who does best of the two drivers.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:44 (Ref:95937)   #5
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, it's almost certainly impossible for the team to achieve either a Constructors' or Drivers' Championship during the remainder of the current season. They would have to score 9 or 10 points per race even to have a chance of passing Ferrari and McClaren, and these teams would have to slip badly over the last 11 races also. I can't see any team performing at that pace over an 11 race series.
Old 24 May 2001, 15:31 (Ref:96076)   #6
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES
Old 24 May 2001, 16:00 (Ref:96088)   #7
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it all comes down to the tires. Williams have a good package... the most power and a fairly decent car but the big IF is tires.

If Michelin gets it right and Bridgestone comes up short then barring reliability problems they have a very good chance of winning again.

Now as to which courses I wouldn't be able to guess at. Keep in mind that Michelin has admitted that they run better in the heat so someplace hot that doesn't have any rain.
Old 24 May 2001, 17:49 (Ref:96120)   #8
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams will win at the Hungaroring and Monza.
Old 24 May 2001, 20:10 (Ref:96170)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be more surprised if Williams didn't win again than if they did. I fail to see how a drivers' or constructors' championship is a realistic possibility, but another win or two is definitely not out of the question. However, if they want to win again this season they need to sort out their reliability. Ralf was 3rd in practice today - here's hoping the car will last the distance this time.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 24 May 2001, 21:42 (Ref:96219)   #10
F1 Jonny
Rookie

F1 Jonny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I believe they will win again. A three way championship challenge would be interesting next year!

When was the last time three teams realistically challenged for the title?
Old 24 May 2001, 22:00 (Ref:96231)   #11
Damon_racer
Rookie

Damon_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There package is getting better all the time but they are bit fragile at the moment but they will win again this year , next year they should be real title contenders