Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2001, 17:42 (Ref:140222)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was Irvine Wrong ????

Take a look at this :

Quote:

Despite this, Burti's close friend and compatriot Rubens Barrichello said the Prost driver was alert enough to be displeased with Irvine and the part his former team mate played in the crash.

"He was well enough to be furious with Irvine after the accident," said Barrichello. "He said he wished he was well enough to leave hospital so he could thump Irvine."

fromt Autosport.com :

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.cfm?id=16152&series=5
Old 2 Sep 2001, 17:48 (Ref:140226)   #2
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that when Burti gets a chance to have a look at the incident on tv he may retract that. As far as I could see there is no way Eddie can be blammed for that - it was simply a racing accident. I can't remember any car overtaking at that point on the track, and Eddie would not have been expecting the move. Burti obviously felt he had a chance but it was always going to be a dangerous move!

Lets see what they say in a few days time...
Old 2 Sep 2001, 17:55 (Ref:140231)   #3
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without having a video replay to look at, I thought Burti was pushed off the track by Irvine. Burti was driving with 2 wheels on the grass before he lost control.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 17:59 (Ref:140233)   #4
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny W.
Without having a video replay to look at, I thought Burti was pushed off the track by Irvine. Burti was driving with 2 wheels on the grass before he lost control.
It looked doubtful on Irvines part,i`m sure he didn`t do it deliberately.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 18:07 (Ref:140239)   #5
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm sure "The Swerve" didn't do it deribelately either. I'm not a fan of Eddie Irvine but, it's not in him to cause accidents on purpose. Luciano will get a chance to think more clearly and he'll realize this was a racing incident. At the end of the day, we're all fortunate nothing truly bad happened.

Old 2 Sep 2001, 18:54 (Ref:140246)   #6
Ferrari Girl
Rookie

Ferrari Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was Luciano who attempted a daring overtaking manouvre, and yes, it went wrong!
But I can't understand why he wants to 'thump' him, no-one should take the blame.
And I'm sure he wouldn't say that if he saw how Eddie was running round and how shaken up he was after the accident.

Maybe the press are blowing everything out of proportion again though.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 19:08 (Ref:140250)   #7
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Eddie was at all at fault. His quote: "I was taking my line out of Stavelot and into Blanchimont. There wasn't anything unusual about my entry into the fast left hander but midway through the corner I felt an impact on the rear and after that I was a passenger. I knew Luciano was there, but I simply didn't expect him to have a go on the inside of that corner." I don't think it's reasonable to think that drivers should have their eyes on the mirrors 100% of the time; they do need to keep their eyes on the road every now and then. Burti took a very risky shot at him on the inside of a high-speed corner, and didn't come close to making a good pass. Obviously Irvine wouldn't have taken his normal line at the apex if he had known Burti was on his back tire, but Burti shouldn't heve been there.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 19:26 (Ref:140257)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, the same.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I too saw Burti with the left wheels on the grass, that might made him lost control and touch Eddie's car.

But, let's give him time to think.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:25 (Ref:140285)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I actually think it is quite shocking of Burti to be saying he wants to thump Irvine when he played a part in rescuing him. He was there the whole time, moving the tyres and helping the marshals and yet all Burti can do now is blame him for what was obviously a racing incident. From what I've heard, Irvine had absolutely no idea that Burti was coming so far up the inside (and no wonder, seeing as Eddie wouldn't be expecting Burti to be driving on the grass) and that the accident was a complete surprise to him. I have gained a huge amount of respect for Eddie this afternoon, having seen what he did, and for Burti to simply throw that back at him is really awful.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:48 (Ref:140296)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Steph just watched on TV now, that Burti has waken an hour ago, because they sedated him. The reason for that, explained the reporter is that Burti was very nervous and restless. Rubens said a few words, and related the previous statement as Burti being a little "out of mind", and later will see that it was only a racing incident.

Still, I don't feel very confortable about Burti's health.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:51 (Ref:140298)   #11
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Ralf's Girl. That was not a normal place to overtake, high risk, and Luciano was on the grass long before any contact. If what he is reported to have said is true - and one must always doubt that - maybe it could be put down to a knock on the head.

Like others have said - Eddie's actions after the event - echoing those of many other heroes of the past (witness the Real James Hunt programme a couple of weeks ago) show the real character of teh man and will hopefully shut up many of his critics
Old 2 Sep 2001, 20:51 (Ref:140299)   #12
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to a brazilian website, the talk between Burti and Barrichello were a very short one because the Prost driver had his mind very confused because of medicaments. So, maybe that's why he would have said such or thing. Another possibility is, knowing how much Barrichello hates Irvine, he somehow made up Burti's mind that Eddie should be blamed about the accident. Nasty Rubens!
Old 2 Sep 2001, 21:00 (Ref:140307)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Now's the time to watch CART in Vancouver !!!!
Old 2 Sep 2001, 21:54 (Ref:140327)   #14
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blaming Irvine? What for?
I'm sure that Burti was not avare of the whole situation when he sad that. Probably, what he remembers is, as usually in this kind of a situation:
1. he is trying to overtake Irvine
2. he wakes up in hospital with just a very foggy memory of some incident he was involved in

As soon as he see a replay of what happened, and especially when he see what was Irvine doing right after the incident, he will not just apologise, but also thank EI.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 23:28 (Ref:140355)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Totally agree, Lajkse !

Keep posting !
Old 3 Sep 2001, 03:37 (Ref:140414)   #16
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irvine just didnt see Burti. These things happen , its normal for Burti to be ****ed off at Crazy Eddie. Burti will probable tell Irvine to check his mirrors next time but i doubt he will punch him.

Nothing I hate more then seeing blankets being held infront of a crash , it never good news when you see that. They say its so no photographers take pictures but I think they feared the worst after seeing that massive impact and after viewing it 15 times I dont blaime them!

Burti is a very Lucky man, he wears his nickname well....
Old 3 Sep 2001, 03:41 (Ref:140416)   #17
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GanjaGrizz why isn't your homepage in your profile?

GanjaGrizz why isn't your homepage in your profile?

Don't you have the guts????
Old 3 Sep 2001, 03:45 (Ref:140418)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
YOU...yes you are skating on thin ice! watch it pal!
Old 3 Sep 2001, 03:52 (Ref:140423)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
At the very least, Burti would have been concussed. However, from the reports in teh press, I is possible his brain might have been bruised also. I really doubt if Burti can really recollect accurately what happened. From what I saw and have on tape, it was a racing incident. Maybe Burti contributed more to it by making an overtaking move at this most unlikely location.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 05:47 (Ref:140452)   #20
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many lives does a Luciano have?

I hope he hasn't gone psycho
Old 3 Sep 2001, 06:06 (Ref:140459)   #21
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AGGY , My Forum isn't linked there because most people have no sence of humor and would just complain like they always do. But why have it linked when I have people like you posting everything from it on other forums.....lol

I wonder if Burti remembers all of the accident? He did hit hard and has some small brain damage (a couple of Bruises)
Old 3 Sep 2001, 06:11 (Ref:140462)   #22
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irvine certainly wasn't wrong to help at the accident scene.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 07:50 (Ref:140495)   #23
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Irvine hasn't shown the excellent driver's skills, but it's not the reason to blame him for crash. I'm glad Burti is alive and whole and not he should thank God for it instead of blaming other racer. Hope, he'll make excuses.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 07:52 (Ref:140496)   #24
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: GanjaGrizz why isn't your homepage in your profile?

Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY
GanjaGrizz why isn't your homepage in your profile? Don't you have the guts????
Gee, that's the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 08:47 (Ref:140506)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Certainly not.

It was a racing accident and there is absolutely no need to apportion blame. It was a misunderstanding. Simple as that. Again, glad they are both alright.