Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2001, 19:04 (Ref:81213)   #1
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im not a big fan of DC but i know his stratedy..hes not really fighting to the death for positions n i mean it..he has a fast n reliable mc laren and hers taking all the points he can get...if he keeps doin this i think MS is gonna be a former champ this year...
for eg..
race 1 1) ms 2) dc
2) ralf 2) dc ms retires and dc on TOP.
consistency is more important that winning the race..
Old 16 Apr 2001, 20:22 (Ref:81242)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was not a lot he could do after the wheel spinon the start and RS getting a greta start. No point in colliding and both drivers losing out in a jousting match at the first corner. He slotted in and kept pace hoping for a better pit stop scenario or possibly a failure by RS's Williams that never occurred. When looking back on the race, no one else seemed to have the pace of RS or DC as they oulled out a 30 second advantage. DC's second set of tires did not run quite as fast as his first and last did and so he eventually fell down to RS's perfectly driven and perfect running Williams.

Sure he was disappointed somewhat after setting pole, but 6 points is much better than those gained by MS yesterday.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 21:01 (Ref:81260)   #3
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
u misunderstood me Ks..thats what i meant
6 points is btter than 10 if ms is not there at all
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:17 (Ref:81296)   #4
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well DC has always been one of those "big picture" racers. Which means that if he finishes secound in a race it's still a fantastic result, because every point counts. He doesn't have that agressive drive like TGF(can't believe I'm actually praising him) to go all out for the win if it is within his reach. Sometimes he will go for it, if he is close enough, like Brazil this year, or Magny Cours last year. But often he will just be content to keep the position he has and be happy that he at least got some points. How many times have I seen DC sit behind Mika for an entire race withought making the slightest effort to mount any challenge.
All in all I think that DC is having a very good season so far. Being on the podium in every race ain't bad. But I will reserve from making comments about his world championship chances untill much later in the season. Because last year he was real strong up untill Austria, then he lost it.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 16 Apr 2001 at 22:20.