Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:37 (Ref:913543)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jenson's First of Many?

He's got that first podium!

For a few minutes it was October 1985 all over again. (Mansell's first win)

Well done Jenson and BAR.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:43 (Ref:913547)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Agreed - Sensational
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:46 (Ref:913552)   #3
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been a monkey off his back!!! Thanks for that ITV!!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:47 (Ref:913554)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Superb by Jenson, driver of the race
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:58 (Ref:913569)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:22 (Ref:913637)   #6
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fantastic drive Jense! A podium won on complete merit and not thanks to others dropping out ahead making it extra special! If BAR can keep up the good work, who knows? Could we even see a race win from the boy this year? His race pace certainly wasn't far off that of Montoya and TGF
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:26 (Ref:913648)   #7
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is dead good he got his first podium, his first win hopfuly be soon, but I only can see that happening if the Ferrari dont make the finish. And what are the chances of that?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:33 (Ref:913663)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm so happy for Jenson! This is really great!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:35 (Ref:913668)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
His statements about getting a podium is fully justified now!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:35 (Ref:913670)   #10
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great driving Jenson !!! I m a happy man
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:35 (Ref:913672)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was overjoyed to see him get the result, especially as it was on pace. He had outdriven Kimi to take the place through the second set of pitstops, well before Kimi hit problems. A great display from he and the team, although the suspense when we saw a BAR stationary with smoke pouring from it was unbearable. No harm wished on Taku's race, but I'm delighted it was his.

The team's better off now, no doubt about it. Jenson can challenge for regular podiums this year, and wins in 2005.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:913677)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Jenson can challenge for regular podiums this year, and wins in 2005.
You mean in the Willaims?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:913678)   #13
G Halls
Rookie

G Halls should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its well deserved and hopefully will silence some of the people who have doubted his ability since he joined B.A.R.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:38 (Ref:913684)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant drive for Jenosn ...have to say i was gutted when Taku blew up ...but in all honesty , It didnt deserve to be Jenson who had relability problems today ...

Great Drive Jenson ...BAR looking good !
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:49 (Ref:913704)   #15
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he has more! Boy done good (and won me £14 off a £2 bet!)!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:01 (Ref:913733)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This from; http://www.formula1.com/race/news/1344/715.html

But ‘Man of the Match’ by popular acclaim was Jenson Button, after the young British driver took third place and his maiden podium with a very committed drive in his BAR.

“Amazing,” said an emotional Button, “it’s as much the team’s as mine, they’ve worked so hard for this, I’m ecstatic.”
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:10 (Ref:913738)   #17
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well deserved.
As he is still one of the youngest drivers on the grid, I would indeed expect many more podiums to follow.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:13 (Ref:913744)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great day for Button. He really shoved humble pies down the throats of critics who claimed BAR's pre-season testing is nothing but publicity stunt.

Now he's on the podium, putting up a good fight compared to the stars of other top teams.

If BAR-Honda keeps the momentum up, Button could well opt to stay at BAR then hop to Williams.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:913824)   #19
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well deserved podium!

I hope he'll stay at BAR, they seem to get in serious business and continuity in same team can only help him.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 12:30 (Ref:913892)   #20
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic by Bunsen. If you look at the split times throughout the race, he was right up there in every sector.

BAR have to keep up the pressure now. Development throughout the season is where top teams gain tenths.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 13:17 (Ref:913914)   #21
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done and well deserved
Old 21 Mar 2004, 13:21 (Ref:913917)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had my fingers crossed for him those last few laps. When Sato's engine let go that raised the tension even more.

The boy done good, the team done good and they even finished in front of a Ferrari.

Well done!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 14:15 (Ref:913941)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
This should bode well for Honda continuing their association with B.A.R for several more years. I felt really sorry for Taku and the team as they were set for two drivers finishing in the points. Now when did that last happen at B.A.R?

I was extremely fortunate to be given a tour of the factory on Saturday along with a few other marshals, maybe we should do this every race weekend for luck?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 14:20 (Ref:913946)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Well Done Jenson
Old 21 Mar 2004, 14:23 (Ref:913949)   #25
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Great day for Button. He really shoved humble pies down the throats of critics who claimed BAR's pre-season testing is nothing but publicity stunt.
I'll take a slice of that pie.
Good job by Button and BAR Honda! If Sato could have kept it on the black stuff who knows where he might have ended up.
I think I can proudly roll my Honda's out of the garage now.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"