Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1464596)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jabby Crombac

Jabby Crombac has died.

He was a Swiss-born French-based journalist who'd covered Grand Prix racing for more than fifty years.

The "French" Denis Jenkinson in many ways - also a friend of many drivers, notably Jim Clark.

A regular in the paddock until relatively recently - RIP
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1464608)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will be missed. I obviously didn't have the pleasure to know him or have read his writing, but from what I hear he was well respected, and he certainly had seen all of 'em!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1464612)   #3
TEAM78
Racer

United Kingdom
TEAM78 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was a great journalist and will be missed
Old 19 Nov 2005, 00:46 (Ref:1464630)   #4
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sad to hear this. hadn't he attended more grand prix than anyone else, pretty much from 1950 onwards? a great source of knowledge, as well as a great writer lost.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1464765)   #5
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great shame!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1464768)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news indeed. A great man and great journalist. A par tof the paddock for years.

Admin note: We'll move this to tributes in due course
Old 19 Nov 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1464949)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP Jabby, and thank you for your work in capturing the brilliant performances of the history of our sport.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1464958)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Alas, alas. A terrible loss to the world of motor racing.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1464964)   #9
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news. The man was a real personality and had covered the sport since the World Championship began. One of my favourite journalists in the world of F1.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1464976)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sad.

I have his book on Chapman. A great read.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1465044)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
R.I.P
Old 20 Nov 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1465400)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the true greats of Formula One, and possibly one of only a handful of people who almost are bigger than the sport.

Jabby brought a style of writing that will live on like the legend of a man that he is and always be!
Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1467012)   #13
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been looking for a thread in which I can pay my respects to the unquestionably brilliant Jabby Crombac. As a budding motorsports jounalist myself, I found myself on the verge of tears when I discovered that Jabby had passed away. His writings, envigoured the emotion and adrenaline in me that only the sport itself could envoke.

It is without question, that Jabby will be sorely missed by the Formula One and wider motorsport communities. I would like to take this opportunity to say my final farewell to Jabby, and wish him every peace on this next stage of his journey.

Goodnight Jabby - may you continue to watch on from the great grandstand in the sky.

God Bless

PAUL
Old 28 Nov 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1472186)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Definitely an Icon from the early days of formula one.

I was pleased to see the cartoon in Autosport depicting Jabby's reunion with some of those drivers from his past. Summed it up really.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1477251)   #15
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Jim Bamber's cartoon caught it perfectly.