Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Sep 2001, 06:46 (Ref:148587)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
debutants

well the Italian GP has been run and won ..but what about the 2 drivers making their F1 debut.

Tomas Enge and Alex yoong.

how do you think they went???

i never saw Enge at all not once but he did manage to finish in 13th i think ..so that was a good start to f1 for him.

and Yoong seemed off the pace and gave Montoya and Schumi a scare when he spun infront of them and then later retired at the same point by doing the same thing.

anybody got any opinions on their performances???
Old 20 Sep 2001, 07:15 (Ref:148590)   #2
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neither were really much cop at all. Enge was well behind Frentzen for most, if not all of the race, as Yoong was behind Alonso
Old 20 Sep 2001, 07:16 (Ref:148591)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I reckon Alex Yoong didn't too badly. I hadn't even expected him to qualify, but I think he did a solid job just to not cause an accident or block badly or anything. Certainly not much worse that Tarso to say the least.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 08:59 (Ref:148603)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tomas Enge was quiet all weekend, qualified behind his team-mate but finished the race which is always a good thing to do on your debut. Let's face it: he could have done worse.

Yoong I think proved that 'rent-a-driver' status by spinning twice, once at each Lesmo, and once in FRONT of JPM and TGF. However, with time he may improve but to say he did a better job than Tarso could have???
Old 20 Sep 2001, 09:32 (Ref:148610)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yoong and Enge didnt do too badly in Monza, but we have to really judge them over the next two races, which i think Enge might luckily do. Japan would be a good place to see their driving techniques...

Besides race debutants, those in tests seem to have impressed, esp Wilson, who set a time in tricky damp conditions just 0.6s slower that Alesi.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 11:05 (Ref:148624)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I thought Enge did a pretty solid job, especially with all the problems he had in qualifying. I wasn't all that impressed with Yoong - I give him credit for qualifying in the first place, seeing as he and Alonso were sharing a car, but I didn't think he was that great in the race. I always had my doubts about bringing in a driver from Formula Nippon, and he managed to get lapped by the midfielders before he spun off...I'll reserve proper judgement for now. The next two races will make it a bit clearer.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 13:27 (Ref:148682)   #7
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were in the race?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 14:05 (Ref:148692)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enge was pretty good, Yoong better than I imagined

Enge, may have been a long way behind Frentzen on the grid, but don't forget that he had 2 engine failures on the 2 cars in qualifying (a car that Alesi finishe din every time he drove it!), so couldn't get all his quick laps in. In the race he was safe and consistant, din't make an ass of himself either in traffic or by spinning. Yoong had a couple of spins but for a debut it wasn't to bad. Comparisons with the debutsa of Raikkonen, Button, Montoya etc are meaningless because at that stage at the start of the season, they had at least done as many laps in the curretn cars as everyone else. Enge and easpecially Yoong have done nowhere near as many laps as their team-mates.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 17:16 (Ref:148737)   #9
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
They were in the race?
Haha!!!!! me 2!!!!!!!
Old 20 Sep 2001, 18:56 (Ref:148789)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yoong doesn't deserve F1. He's there because he's Malaysian and has got the sponsorship.

This guy hasnt even scored a point in Formula Nippon.

He seems to be slower than Marques as well.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 19:19 (Ref:148808)   #11
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho

This guy hasnt even scored a point in Formula Nippon.

He seems to be slower than Marques as well.
I think we have found the next weakest link people!!!!! GOODBYE!