Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2024, 06:58 (Ref:4221398)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Jack Doohan

The more Aussie drivers on the grid the better. looking forward to seeing him progress in his career if he goes to Alpine. As long as he doesn’t outshine Oscar. Wink
Old 1 Aug 2024, 07:21 (Ref:4221401)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If he wants to get on the grid, it needs to be soon. I worry that his time might have passed. That won't stop him getting a seat in another series like the WEC though.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4221420)   #3
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The hilarity of this was not lost on me, he is going up against a son of a famous racer called MICK, when he himself is the son of a very famous racer called Mick.

He will be well backed which will help but for me has not stood out enough to warrant it bit like Jolyon Palmer and Mick S actually.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 11:07 (Ref:4221430)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
The hilarity of this was not lost on me, he is going up against a son of a famous racer called MICK, when he himself is the son of a very famous racer called Mick.
Ironically back in the day, Mick and Michael, and by extension Jack and Mick, were very good friends and next door neighbours in Monaco. Just sayin'.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 11:29 (Ref:4221433)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Not that surprising when Mick Schumacher was actually names after Mick Doohan.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 22:24 (Ref:4221473)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Will be cool to see him on the grid, doubt he will be any kind of level above Gasly, who will be a good measuring stick and I think Jack will bring in some respectable results.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 07:04 (Ref:4221511)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's a nice lad but I don't see a huge pace v reward benefit of signimg him over someone like a KMag. Because he is wwell known at Enstone, he might get a 1 year deal to prove he is worth a 2nd year?
And in the next 12 months a helluva lot might be changimg there anyway!

The quickest of the Alpine Juniors is Martins but he's mot even in contention thanks to his F2 campaign being derailed by ART letting him down early in the year.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 16:57 (Ref:4221543)   #8
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He's a nice lad but I don't see a huge pace v reward benefit of signimg him over someone like a KMag.
Magnussen! The same Magnussen who seemed OK until he was paired with Hulkenberg and it turned out that Magnussen was really slow compared to Hulkenberg?

To me it's not clear whether Doohan, Martins or Mini is the most impressive Alpine junior, but Alpine will have the data.

It's curious that Sainz rejected the prestigious French national team.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4221553)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It's curious that Sainz rejected the prestigious French national team.
Perhaps once bitten twice shy? His tenure with the team (Known then as Renault) in 2017/18 was perhaps not his most enjoyable times, compared to that during his time at McLaren.

He praised the atmosphere he had at McLaren in his time with the team, saying he “didn’t feel as liked or as wanted” in his time at Renault.

Having said that I had thought to myself the Alpine offer was his best option, especially with the Mercedes powertrain that has yet to be confirmed but said to be all but agreed.

Last edited by E.B; 2 Aug 2024 at 18:48.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 23:12 (Ref:4221580)   #10
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Perhaps once bitten twice shy? His tenure with the team (Known then as Renault) in 2017/18 was perhaps not his most enjoyable times, compared to that during his time at McLaren.

He praised the atmosphere he had at McLaren in his time with the team, saying he “didn’t feel as liked or as wanted” in his time at Renault.

Having said that I had thought to myself the Alpine offer was his best option, especially with the Mercedes powertrain that has yet to be confirmed but said to be all but agreed.
Drivers never feel liked or wanted by their team when being soundly beaten by their teammate.
Old 2 Aug 2024, 23:52 (Ref:4221583)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterelise View Post
Drivers never feel liked or wanted by their team when being soundly beaten by their teammate.
Magnussen soundly beaten by Hulk? Hulk has often had interesting qualy peaks, but very little between them in the races. KMag has had more accidents but not sure there's much wrong with his speed.
Old 3 Aug 2024, 01:13 (Ref:4221591)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterelise View Post
Soundly beaten? In qualifying maybe in 2018. (13>8 in Nico's favour). Race results show 11>10 in Sainz favour. Nico had a number of accident DNFs that year, and he also had one additional mechanical failure to Sainz. Hardly soundly beaten.
Old 4 Aug 2024, 18:32 (Ref:4221755)   #13
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am happy to see some new blood getting a chance next season.
Old 4 Aug 2024, 19:01 (Ref:4221761)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Old 4 Aug 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4221762)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
I am happy to see some new blood getting a chance next season.
Is it actually confirmed yet that Jack has the drive? I have read he is favourite but unable to find that it was actually confirmed.