Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Apr 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2173293)   #1
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Racing Club - Donington 19-20 April

Tickets will be sent out to marshals by Friday 11th April.

Please accept my apologies for the delay.

If anyone else would like to marshal at this meeting, please PM me.

Regards

Fay
Old 8 Apr 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2173313)   #2
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a very entertaining meeting - shame it couldn't be a little later in year with warmer weather.

Marshals should acquaint themselves with the timetable though - Saturday will be a very long day indeed - last race scheduled to finish at 19.55. As its an endurance race with Big Bangers like GT40's Lola T70s etc it ought to be unmissable
Sunday not much shorter - last race scheduled to finish 18.20. Only short breaks for lunch too.

Lots of sarnies, two flasks, torch and pyjamas required! Forewarned is forearmed.

See you there.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2173315)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I saw the timetable today and almost keeled over, but then reminded myself exactly what was actually racing and (after drooling over the event website) decided that small sacrifices would probably be worth it...

Probably won't have the energy to cook back at the tent after that finish on Saturday though. Pub anyone?
Old 8 Apr 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2173383)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please, please come along, there really are some absolutely super races, ranging from the World Sportscar Masters, Ferrari's, Sports Racing Masters,
70's Prototypes to loads of F1 races, you know it makes sense - contact Fay. You wont regret it.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2173797)   #5
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the long hours this is an unmissable meeting. Real F1 cars, hopefully making real F1 noise, and lots more besides.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2174069)   #6
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Matra Simca is there again (it was at the HSCC meeting a week ago but retired) it will be worth it for the sound of that alone..

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 9 Apr 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2174076)   #7
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm new to marshalling (only recently joined the BMMC) but would love to help out if you'll let me.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2174286)   #8
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob

No problem with you helping out PM either me or Fay with your details and we will sort tickets.

Hope to see you at the weekend.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2174347)   #9
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It's going to be a great meeting (but I would say that, wouldn't I ). Apologies for the timetable issues - the first one I was given was even worse! but we shall be making a huge effort to run to time.
Lot's of people (mostly 10/10ths-ers.....it should really be called the 10/10ths Racing Club ) have put a huge amount of effort into making this meeting happen for Masters and I, for one, am very proud to be part of it.... I hope I can still say that on Sunday night
Do come along - there's still time to send Fay your details and she'll be delighted to hear from you.
See you there.

Last edited by johngee; 10 Apr 2008 at 08:39.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 12:11 (Ref:2174476)   #10
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sending tickets out today by first class post.

Please note that we have been informed that you do not need infield car passes, so none have been issued.

See you at Sign-on.

Fay
Old 10 Apr 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2174526)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget if you haven't contacted Fay there's still time.
It's going to be a great event.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2174611)   #12
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody putting up tents or is B&B the way to go at this time of year. Will be my first 2 day event and being 1 hour drive time from circuit staying over looks more sensible after such long days.

Any recomendations?
Old 10 Apr 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2174644)   #13
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me and dad are staying on the public site just outside the circuit - iirc £16 for a tent.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2174648)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFHarv
Anybody putting up tents or is B&B the way to go at this time of year.
I'm being brave / adventurous / stupid (delete as applicable after the event) and will be there in the tent from Friday.
I understand the public campsite outside the circuit is better than camping in the paddock - but there are facilities available there; and I take the approach that a tent's a tent once it's up and doesn't look like it's going to get blown down...
Old 10 Apr 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2174655)   #15
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Never pitched a tent before always been in a caravan when camping so I'm not sure of how good an idea pitching a 3 man tent solo without practice at 8pm would be ^^

Wondered what the temp would be like as I intended the tent for summer months more than winterish tempratures...
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2174747)   #16
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there as a coiled spring on the rescue unit, may have to get a move on chasing the races though especially if any are rolling starts.........
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2174749)   #17
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
I shall be there as a coiled spring on the rescue unit, may have to get a move on chasing the races though especially if any are rolling starts.........
There's LOTS of rolling starts!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2174752)   #18
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh dear maybe we should fit slicks if its dry!!! Im sure my merry bank of rescue drivers will have it under control
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2174776)   #19
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFHarv
Wondered what the temp would be like as I intended the tent for summer months more than winterish tempratures...
I camped at Lydden this time last year and it was the hottest weekend of the season!
I might not predict that much, but the medium range forecast looks completely amenable.
Of course, this time next week, I'll be grumbling about freezing temperatures, rain, and strong winds. Yes, I'm a pessimist.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2176071)   #20
Jayne Poston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Jayne Poston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back after a really good day - well done to the Lotus drivers who kept it together during the hail storm lol see you tomorrow on post 19
Old 12 Apr 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2176096)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Poston
Just got back after a really good day - well done to the Lotus drivers who kept it together during the hail storm lol see you tomorrow on post 19
That's amazing!
This meeting isn't until NEXT weekend!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2178189)   #22
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
The wife has insisted I stay in a B&B this weekend rather than pitch a new tent at 8pm+ and who am I to argue

Booked one finally after trying what seems like an endless list of - sorry full for the weekend ><

How can you possibly book for the evening when your not sure of your attendence until a week or 2 before the event - they said they were booked up for months

3 miles from circut so not too bad. Must remember to pack the ear plugs for the plane noise tho
Old 15 Apr 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2178225)   #23
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, despite my moans about the F3/GT timetable at Oulton, I will (along with Bill) be doing this meeting - as it is one of the few that we volunteered for early.

We will be staying at the Thistle Hotel at the airport Friday & Saturday to avoid too much exhaustion on travelling (remember we are both getting old and camping is something we used to do when we had the campervan).

Two things:
1) if you're camping or staying somewhere and you want to do anything on Friday, come down to the Thistle!!!! (I won't wait for any PMs)
2) Lunch breaks seem a bit short and, with staying at a hotel, I'm not sure we'll be able to self-cater. Will lunches be provided or do we just have to do the best we can????

Otherwise, should be a good one so we'll see you there!

Bill & Shelagh
Old 15 Apr 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2178243)   #24
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im twitching about this one. Im down for Oulton on the Saturday but I may persuade the other half to let me play on Sunday! I'll let you know.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2178274)   #25
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Done! O/H placated, PM'd Fay and I'll be there on Sunday!

What time is signing on?