Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 Jun 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2231461)   #1
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DMN and TinTops Castle Combe July 19th

Ok so we haven't even got Lydden out of the way and already I am moving on to Castle Combe.

The closing date for this meeting is Lydden weekend, and already we are more than half full. Please get your entries in ASAP to make sure you get a place on the grid, I will be taking them in person Lydden weekend if you want to give hand them to me then.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2232490)   #2
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Ok so we haven't even got Lydden out of the way and already I am moving on to Castle Combe.

The closing date for this meeting is Lydden weekend, and already we are more than half full. Please get your entries in ASAP to make sure you get a place on the grid, I will be taking them in person Lydden weekend if you want to give hand them to me then.
You're doing far better than the so called national championships you're supporting except the Club Cup Radical[27] the entry at croft was to be blunt was S**TE for the two older mini races[11][15], westfields[16],sportmaxx cup[11]Radical cup [18] very poor for a national package!!!

So it looks like it'll be down to the three Combe based championships and yourselves to bail out what is supposed to be the third major package in the motorsport calender.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2232553)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We'll show em gixxer...we've got 30ish (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head) already and some of the regulars still haven't put their entries in...(REMINDER...GET THEM IN ASAP).
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:48 (Ref:2232560)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are all races on the same day?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2232624)   #5
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All on the Saturday for DMN. Then more racing on the Sunday.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 07:41 (Ref:2233182)   #6
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
We'll show em gixxer...we've got 30ish (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head) already and some of the regulars still haven't put their entries in...(REMINDER...GET THEM IN ASAP).
That's not hard Chezza just a pity you're only racing on the saturday

Looks like i'll have to endure another radical yawn fest i so miss the F3/GT meeting that once appeared at combe.

Personally i feel that Combe should have stayed with the FPA and had yoursleves on the bill with the pre 93 boys and both the BMW championships and National FF1600 with a couple of caterham races amd also a couple of Combe's one off open races what a package that would be
Old 20 Jun 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2233434)   #7
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a combe regular and looking forward to this 2 day meeting fair play to you Dmn saloon boys but what a poor entry (if this what Gixxer is saying) is correct for the other races.

The last time the radicals were at combe the entry was even worse and most of them broke down after 10 mins

We had 2 great Dmn races last year huge grids and a great variation in machines cant wait for this
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2233625)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Well the variation should be the same if not more. Also with Combe local boy Richard Brent leading the championship at the moment I can't wait! The only good thing currently on the G&B bill is the old minis (oh and us!), I agree regarding the Caterhams also the CTCRC boys and the PBMW's are good too.

I'd rather not see the FPA though!

I'll post our entry list as soon as its available!
Old 21 Jun 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2234391)   #9
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Well the variation should be the same if not more. Also with Combe local boy Richard Brent leading the championship at the moment I can't wait! The only good thing currently on the G&B bill is the old minis (oh and us!), I agree regarding the Caterhams also the CTCRC boys and the PBMW's are good too.

I'd rather not see the FPA though!

I'll post our entry list as soon as its available!
OOOO that'll give us the quarry hardcore something to cheer about
Old 29 Jun 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2240103)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
So after great weekends racing the entries for this one are now technically closed.

Any form received form here on in will be considered late and could cost you a financial penalty.

We are almost full, but there are still a small handful of places remaining.

And as promised the entry list...we'll put it up on the BARC site as soon as we can...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DMN Entries - Combe.pdf (12.0 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by chezza; 29 Jun 2008 at 23:09.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2240401)   #11
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some new names and some regulars missing. Darren's Skyline unsurprisingly amongst them.

Should be fun. 3 of us SnappyRacers photographers coming to this one to cover every main corner at every session... It's too far for me to get round on my own!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2240638)   #12
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I need to take Ash Hargreaves off that list and add Uncle Eric.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2242444)   #13
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant
Some new names and some regulars missing. Darren's Skyline unsurprisingly amongst them.

Should be fun. 3 of us SnappyRacers photographers coming to this one to cover every main corner at every session... It's too far for me to get round on my own!

Quarry Tower and Camp then

What a real pity you could not have had a race on sunday cracking entry i feel deserves better

Both Radical cup races to saturday better get the banners out around the circuit now
Old 2 Jul 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2242449)   #14
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
STEVED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm MG ZR in class B is that correct?
Old 2 Jul 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2242453)   #15
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
Quarry Tower and Camp then

What a real pity you could not have had a race on sunday cracking entry i feel deserves better

Both Radical cup races to saturday better get the banners out around the circuit now
They'll be the ones!!! Depends what the weather is like as to where I send people.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2242454)   #16
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Hmm...maybe not Steve, I must check that, I changed his car...but not the class.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2242469)   #17
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chezza, how late can i pull my entry. Got a couple of little engine problems and not able to check until the weekend
Old 2 Jul 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2242526)   #18
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Erm...As soon as you know i'd like to know, but you can leave it until the day before if you really want...just don't expect a refund
Old 3 Jul 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2243408)   #19
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day,decided to do a track day at Brands as I started to suffer from withdrawal symptoms,open pit lane just right to check everything out,then put the car on the trailer ready for Combe.Very crowded,sudenly ended up coming out of clearways,not a car in sight,into Paddock and bang,car all over the place,managed to pull over to the top of the hill with no drive,CV joint exploded.Managed to rush around,fitted new unit just in time for lunch to finish,let the first lot out,joined the pack and manged to get to the bottom of Paddock when it went on three cylinders with steam billowing out the back,blown head gasket so panic stations now to find out what has gone wrong and why,better here than Combe I suppose,very non eventfull day.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2245764)   #20
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not firing on all cylinders, but wil be on the grid
Old 7 Jul 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2246068)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is there a timetable out for this one yet? Need to know how early I'm going to have to get out of bed!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2246137)   #22
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
I don't want to know how early... Although I found a new route last time that knocked the travel time down to 90 mins which was ok.

Only about a tank of fuel for me then
Old 7 Jul 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2246252)   #23
golfwidow
Rookie

golfwidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq0823-01.php
Old 7 Jul 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2246257)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Thank you

Looks like I can leave at a reasonable hour if qualifying isn't until 11.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2246262)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Thank you

Looks like I can leave at a reasonable hour if qualifying isn't until 11.
If qualifying is at 11 then you need to be in the queue for the scroots by around 6.00am as they can be a tad slooooooow.