Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2008, 04:41 (Ref:2175642)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SCSR03] Sandown

With the crash and bash at Wakefield Park... will the field be depleted by this and other off track dramas....

... or will the addition of Mr Fernandez and a couple of new rumoured runners bolster the front of the field....

Who will win??

Sandown is traditionally a horespower track, where the likes of Mr Canto and Mr Reynolds and perhaps the IRCA trio may have an advantage.... but for experience.. of the track... Mr Owen is likely to be very much on the money....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Apr 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2175648)   #2
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again I believe that it will be between Mr Owen and Mr Canto ... If the reliability issues can be remedied at Howard racing then this should be a good tussle. Dean certainly has the pace to run with Mr Owen given the pace of the car at the end of Race 3 at Wakefield (another lap record in the bank).

GTR ... let us in on the likely additions...
Old 12 Apr 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2175744)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
usual suspects Owen, Canto and i think Perkins and Wood will be back on their game.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2176038)   #4
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the deal with Fernandez. What chassis and for who/how long etc?
Old 12 Apr 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2176131)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Whats the deal with Fernandez. What chassis and for who/how long etc?
If his proximity and concern around Mr Denyer's MWR chassis at Wakefield Park was anything to go by... the suspicion is that that team shall be the vehicle (sic) to get Mr Fernandez back on track in the Fujitsu series.

There is allegedly a party talking to Howard about running a 3rd car, with a new pilot also to be found for Race Image.... likely finalised the week before Sandown...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Apr 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2176442)   #6
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im guessing the ex Main Game Drivers will have a advantage at Sandown.

I heard Race Image didnt want the 2nd car to be a rent a car.. Seems to be the case..
Old 13 Apr 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2176695)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Im guessing the ex Main Game Drivers will have a advantage at Sandown.

I heard Race Image didnt want the 2nd car to be a rent a car.. Seems to be the case..
It would be very difficult to find a driver with an appropriate budget to take a seat to the end of the season at this point of the year...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Apr 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2177575)   #8
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know what is happening with the seiders team after the au was written off. what car are they using now?
Old 15 Apr 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2178070)   #9
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieracer
does anyone know what is happening with the seiders team after the au was written off. what car are they using now?
I was wondering the same thing and also the Beikoff team. Hope they both make Sandown.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2178604)   #10
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After looking at the Beikoff work shop i don't think they have the facilities to rebuild a car. Mind you it was a few years ago.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2179628)   #11
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
After reading Auto Fiction, the Seiders think that 70% of the trashed AU will be repaired in time for Sandown.

Can anyone with some inside knowledge confirm it?
Old 17 Apr 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2179676)   #12
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dunno if id wanna be racing a 70% repaired car at sandown
Old 18 Apr 2008, 02:41 (Ref:2180309)   #13
old bear
Rookie

old bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford boy
I was wondering the same thing and also the Beikoff team. Hope they both make Sandown.
Hi everybody.

Was having a quick read and thought I’d add some comments.

We started 24th for Race 3 at Wakefield Park, and we were looking forward to the long 30-lap race, as our car performs stronger over the longer-distance races than the short sprint races, where our competitors have more cold tyre speed over us. I got off to a great start, with help from our recently upgraded Stone Brothers Racing engine, I was up two positions by the time I hit second gear. To the near right of me on the grid, I saw Dale Wood go flying in the air amongst a group of cars, and, after braking to avoid a zig-zagging car , was able to slide past that group. Simulaneously, a race car charged through to my right, he ran out of room, and hit my right front as he accelerated down the pit straight. All was ok at this point, a good start, avoided the grid collision, a small tap, then kept accelerating towards turn 1.I braked for Turn 1, the sweeper, to be greeted with a cloud of dust. I couldn’t see anything past the cloud, so I slowed right down(data indicates approx 34km/h) as I entered the cloud, only to find myself head first into a stationary car (I still can’t identify who this was). This was a medium-sized hit, but the worst was yet to come. Taz Douglas came into the cloud with around 80km/h speed, and hit our car in the right rear. This hit was 5G’s, and violently spun the car around 180degrees and down the track. Despite wearing the HANS device, which is compulsory for all V8Supercar drivers, my head was still thrown around violently in the car. I believe my right shoulder popped in and out of its’ socket at this stage from the violent spin of the steering wheel, and I have had this injury before and it felt similar. I was quite knocked around at this stage and I wanted to make sure I was out of danger on the track and wanted to ensure I didn’t have any injuries I wasn’t immediately aware of. I was taken to the track medical centre for observation, and was released an hour later.

We had the transporter back from Wakefield Park on Monday, and by Tuesday we had the car on our hoist and commenced stripping the panels and running gear to assess the chassis damage. By Saturday, the relevant areas on the car were completely stripped, and we had a chassis repair expert check the car. We expect he will be working on the car over the next few weeks to get the car completely straight to the millimetre, and we will begin the task of preparing and painting panels as we can purchase them for the car at this time.

Once the damaged panels were removed from the race car, and measurements taken of chassis datum points, the damage was found to be concentrated in two areas, and appears to be repairable at a cost. The car has sustained serious damage concentrated in the right rear wheel tub area, and some smaller damage on the front end. It has completely bent the diff housing like a banana, and I am lucky that the axle housing absorbed a significant part of the collision energy. The diff housing will be replaced, I make new trailing arms as usual, and the rear damper has to have a new shaft and overhaul. The floor is crinkled in the cockpit’s right rear and associated areas and will involve many hours on the chassis aligner and part of the right rear rail will be replaced. The front end is mostly panel damage, which hasn’t touched the chassis rail at all. There is some front wheel tub damage, but this will be a relatively easy fix compared to the rear. We are fortunate that we have a capable and willing crew(many of whom are volunteers) who maintain and repair the race car between and during race meetings, and all hands are on deck to help with the repairs as and when finances permit. We have built a few race cars for other categories in our workshop, and combined with our adequate workshop/fabricating equipment, and crew knowledge, are capable of being back on track if finances can be found. The crew is the single largest advantage we have, as we have always completed our own engine freshens, gearbox overhauls, hub/brake overhauls, plus many other fabrication jobs in our own shop.We cannot compete as we have over the last six years without being self sufficient.

We continue to spend time and effort in our marketing areas, and are continually conversing with potential corporate partners.

This accident could not have come at a worse time for us, as our financial situation is dire to put it mildly. Our transporter woes from Adelaide saw the transporter get to Moree, break down with crankshaft failure, fixed overnight with a new crankshaft and bearings, truck then drove an hour down the road and broke the head off an exhaust valve( unrelated to the crankshaft), and then be towed home to Brisbane. This exercise cost us more money than participating at an entire race meeting. We have the time, people power and resources to repair the car for Sandown, but we simply don’t have any financial resources remaining to make these repairs. We will pool our small finances together to get the chassis repaired, as this is crucial if we wish to be competitive at race meetings, but to this hour I am unsure where the money will come from to complete the rest of the panel repairs.

Will keep you posted

Shane Beikoff

Last edited by old bear; 18 Apr 2008 at 02:45.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2180335)   #14
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After reading Auto Fiction, the Seiders think that 70% of the trashed AU will be repaired in time for Sandown.

Can anyone with some inside knowledge confirm it?
No, the AA article said that the Seiders team thought there was 70% chance they would have the car repaired to race at Sandown, not that they would be racing a 70% repaired car! There is a big difference!
Old 18 Apr 2008, 04:06 (Ref:2180341)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear
Hi everybody.

We started 24th for Race 3 at Wakefield Park, and we were looking forward to the long 30-lap race, as our car performs stronger over the longer-distance races than the short sprint races, where our competitors have more cold tyre speed over us. I got off to a great start, with help from our recently upgraded Stone Brothers Racing engine, I was up two positions by the time I hit second gear. To the near right of me on the grid, I saw Dale Wood go flying in the air amongst a group of cars, and, after braking to avoid a zig-zagging car , was able to slide past that group. Simulaneously, a race car charged through to my right, he ran out of room, and hit my right front as he accelerated down the pit straight. All was ok at this point, a good start, avoided the grid collision, a small tap, then kept accelerating towards turn 1.I braked for Turn 1, the sweeper, to be greeted with a cloud of dust. I couldn’t see anything past the cloud, so I slowed right down(data indicates approx 34km/h) as I entered the cloud, only to find myself head first into a stationary car (I still can’t identify who this was). This was a medium-sized hit, but the worst was yet to come. Taz Douglas came into the cloud with around 80km/h speed, and hit our car in the right rear. This hit was 5G’s, and violently spun the car around 180degrees and down the track. Despite wearing the HANS device, which is compulsory for all V8Supercar drivers, my head was still thrown around violently in the car. I believe my right shoulder popped in and out of its’ socket at this stage from the violent spin of the steering wheel, and I have had this injury before and it felt similar. I was quite knocked around at this stage and I wanted to make sure I was out of danger on the track and wanted to ensure I didn’t have any injuries I wasn’t immediately aware of. I was taken to the track medical centre for observation, and was released an hour later.

We had the transporter back from Wakefield Park on Monday, and by Tuesday we had the car on our hoist and commenced stripping the panels and running gear to assess the chassis damage. By Saturday, the relevant areas on the car were completely stripped, and we had a chassis repair expert check the car. We expect he will be working on the car over the next few weeks to get the car completely straight to the millimetre, and we will begin the task of preparing and painting panels as we can purchase them for the car at this time.

Once the damaged panels were removed from the race car, and measurements taken of chassis datum points, the damage was found to be concentrated in two areas, and appears to be repairable at a cost. The car has sustained serious damage concentrated in the right rear wheel tub area, and some smaller damage on the front end. It has completely bent the diff housing like a banana, and I am lucky that the axle housing absorbed a significant part of the collision energy. The diff housing will be replaced, I make new trailing arms as usual, and the rear damper has to have a new shaft and overhaul. The floor is crinkled in the cockpit’s right rear and associated areas and will involve many hours on the chassis aligner and part of the right rear rail will be replaced. The front end is mostly panel damage, which hasn’t touched the chassis rail at all. There is some front wheel tub damage, but this will be a relatively easy fix compared to the rear. We are fortunate that we have a capable and willing crew(many of whom are volunteers) who maintain and repair the race car between and during race meetings, and all hands are on deck to help with the repairs as and when finances permit. We have built a few race cars for other categories in our workshop, and combined with our adequate workshop/fabricating equipment, and crew knowledge, are capable of being back on track if finances can be found. The crew is the single largest advantage we have, as we have always completed our own engine freshens, gearbox overhauls, hub/brake overhauls, plus many other fabrication jobs in our own shop.We cannot compete as we have over the last six years without being self sufficient.

We continue to spend time and effort in our marketing areas, and are continually conversing with potential corporate partners.

This accident could not have come at a worse time for us, as our financial situation is dire to put it mildly. Our transporter woes from Adelaide saw the transporter get to Moree, break down with crankshaft failure, fixed overnight with a new crankshaft and bearings, truck then drove an hour down the road and broke the head off an exhaust valve( unrelated to the crankshaft), and then be towed home to Brisbane. This exercise cost us more money than participating at an entire race meeting. We have the time, people power and resources to repair the car for Sandown, but we simply don’t have any financial resources remaining to make these repairs. We will pool our small finances together to get the chassis repaired, as this is crucial if we wish to be competitive at race meetings, but to this hour I am unsure where the money will come from to complete the rest of the panel repairs.

Will keep you posted

Shane Beikoff
thanks mate good luck with the repair and can't wait to see you guys back out on track and hopefully the resaults will flow in as you guys really deserve it.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 05:26 (Ref:2180370)   #16
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
No, the AA article said that the Seiders team thought there was 70% chance they would have the car repaired to race at Sandown, not that they would be racing a 70% repaired car! There is a big difference!
My bad Pete, I only looked at it briefly as I had somewhere to be, but thanks for clearing that up for me mate!

Mr Beikoff, Thanks for providing us with that sometimes private insight and I look foward to seeing you race the repaired car at Sandown. Good luck for the rest of the season too.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 02:45 (Ref:2182503)   #17
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear
Hi everybody.

Will keep you posted

Shane Beikoff
Thanks jumping on and posting Shane, good to see you're alright and I really hope to see you on the grid at Sandown, it's good to see the "battlers" still in the Fujitsu Series mixing it with the "Level 1" teams.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2185315)   #18
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Shane, pity about the financial woes, but at least you are still in business unlike others. Maybe its time to upgrade to BA, Mr Morris might have some sitting around at the moment that you could do a deal on (maybe some Sirromet signage). But then again there are quite a few sitting around unused this week. Good luck.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 01:44 (Ref:2187058)   #19
JackBlahBlah
Racer

Australia
Victoria,Australia
JackBlahBlah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dose Anyone No If Taz Dougles isn staying in his ageing au after the damage at WP or is he updating to the ex dean nevile /owen kelly BA from last year
Old 26 Apr 2008, 05:33 (Ref:2187115)   #20
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBlahBlah
Dose Anyone No If Taz Dougles isn staying in his ageing au after the damage at WP or is he updating to the ex dean nevile /owen kelly BA from last year
Translation:

I guess Taz Douglas damaged his AU at the last Fujitsu round held at Wakefield park.
The question seems to be if he has repaired his car, or if he is stepping up to the ex BJR BA falcon as raced by Dean Neville last year.
Old 5 May 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2194743)   #21
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Mr Seiders has BM002 for the rest of the season if eNews told me correctly.

will be interesting to see how he goes in a BA.. should be really good.
Old 6 May 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2194840)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
hope he goes well and i'm sure the level 1 support will help them heaps and it would be good to see battlers doing the sport they love get some good resaults.
Old 10 May 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2197955)   #23
JackBlahBlah
Racer

Australia
Victoria,Australia
JackBlahBlah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I also got more info on the SRT site http://www.siedersracing.com.au/newsdetails.php?PAGE=HOME&ID=80
Old 10 May 2008, 01:38 (Ref:2197958)   #24
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBlahBlah
I've already grilled you on another forum mate.. you should have just quoted that instead of copying my work..

any one know where Robbie Jones is?.. last I heard he was trying to find a VY..
Old 10 May 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2197972)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

A pity the auction of the MG's doesnt seem to be going so well for Mr Sieders... Here

Presumably the garage clear out was to fund a newer car... el de Barge seems the interim solution
#CANCERSUCKS