Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Jul 2001, 21:41 (Ref:119402)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maxi with 4 girlies

It's the very well advertised Fiesta Ladies Cup day this weekend and four young ladies have joined Maxi Jazz Racing.
Helen Moore raced in the last round and joining her are Vicki Butler-Henderson, Louise Goodman and Amanda Stretton.
All four of them tested today at Donington and stayed on the track (including Maxi!).
Old 23 Jul 2001, 13:54 (Ref:120545)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, the last time I saw Vicki was at Goodwood, hurtling down the hill in a soap box! At least she managed to hold on to it for the whole journey, unlike some of the others.

Stephen
Old 27 Jul 2001, 12:52 (Ref:122586)   #3
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, why do we have a Ladies Cup. Why not a blue eyes cup or a brown haired cup? It's a bit demeaning to women I would have thought, seems to say they can't win the full championship.....
Old 27 Jul 2001, 18:24 (Ref:122682)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
I didn't get that quite right. It seems the 4 girls were taking part in the Macmillan Drive For Life Fiesta Zetec-S Fundraising Challenge. They raised 1/4 million pounds!!!!
Old 28 Jul 2001, 17:10 (Ref:123102)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If they raised 1/4 million pounds then they all deserve a medal. It doesn't matter whether they were good or bad. It's a wonderful advert for motorsport and done some good in the process. Bravo all of them. OK guys, your turn to raise some dosh!!!!!

Stephen
Old 28 Jul 2001, 19:12 (Ref:123132)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
What a ruddy good idea!

When I heard James Thompson was going to run the London Marathon I said to him - put a bucket in the pit lane walkabout and collect some dosh but nothing came of it.