Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1400111)   #1
Bagodonuts
Rookie

Bagodonuts has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Formula Renault and Donington Festival weekend

Is anyone going to be in attendance for this weekend's Renault racing at Donington? I read somewhere that all 150,000 tickets allotted are taken!!!

Are the Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup series and UK series combining for the weekend? As from what I gather they are both going to be there... any news or predictions for the weekend?

I think this is looking to be a fantastic weekend of racing...

cheers!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1400138)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The National and Eurocup grids are running seperately. Are any of the UK guys entered in the Eurocup?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1400156)   #3
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Are any of the UK guys entered in the Eurocup?
I'd be surprised as one of the UK races follows on immediately from a Eurocup race, so I don't know if the teams and drivers would be ready to race again straight away. Some UK drivers ran last year in the Eurocup at Donny but they didn't have a race themselves that weekend.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1400202)   #4
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the 150,000 tickets are for sale on ebay!

I reckon they'll be 15,000 max there on Sunday, I'm going - quite looking forward to it as it should be something a bit different.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1400210)   #5
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I reckon they'll be 15,000 max there on Sunday, I'm going - quite looking forward to it as it should be something a bit different.
Surely there will be more there than 15,000 on Sunday. Renault were originally only giving out 100,000 tickets but they then issued an extra 50,000 because they were going rapidly. They have even changed the circuit to the GP track now to accomodate more spectators. Donington usually has around 15,000 there anyway on BTCC weekends, so i'm sure with it being free there will be quite a few more than that. I'm going down on Friday for the full weekend! Should be ace.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1400242)   #6
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I'd be surprised if there is 50,000 spectators there to be honest although I await to be proven wrong.

As I've said many people have orderded extra, extra tickets...there's thousands for sale on ebay and I'm sure there's many people with tickets just kicking around that they're not going to use. Just because they have a ticket doesn't mean they're actually going to go the meeting.

As you've quite rightly said the BTCC attracts normally 15,000 spectators and thats a big-high profile meeting. Even last years title decider only had 20,000 and if my memory serves me correct wasn't there either free/discounted tickets on sale for that meeting then?

The British racing public are fickle, they'll only turn out in force for F1...anything else isn't really seen as worthwhile unless on the whole your a hardcore fanatic.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1400304)   #7
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
As I've said many people have orderded extra, extra tickets...there's thousands for sale on ebay and I'm sure there's many people with tickets just kicking around that they're not going to use. Just because they have a ticket doesn't mean they're actually going to go the meeting.
Yes I suppose that is the case. Its quite funny really because a kind fellow ten-tenths user supplied me with a couple of tickets as the ones I ordered have failed to arrive! Thanks Suze.

I can only be described as a hardcore fanatic! I don't know if there were free/discounted tickets at BTCC last year, but I have been to Donny before when there were free tickets for the UK Frenault winter series and Eurocup in 2003, and even at that meeting there was quite a few spectators. I am expecting this to be one of the biggest meetings I have been to bar F1, yet I just can't imagine, as you say, to be 50,000 there. But just because of the sheer number of tickets, my prediction is that there will be around 30,000 there at least.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1400341)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you may be right for once there Gaz...think it was Motorsport News buy one ticket get one free?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1400373)   #9
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
For once - pah! You know I'm always right, just you girls don't like admitting it!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1400462)   #10
Russfeld
Veteran

I just checked Ebay, I found 16 tickets.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1400479)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Gaz you're not...and the sooner you realise you're not right in every circumstance the better!

I've just had a look Russfeld and made it over 50....lots of people are offering 4 / 6 tickets at a time.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1400485)   #12
Russfeld
Veteran

Yeah thats where I got my count. I didnt get many user returns though, how did you search?

Certainly not thousands....
Old 6 Sep 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1400489)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
World Series Donington. Found 23 users selling, and over 50 tickets but gave up counting in the end.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1400500)   #14
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rules don't allow british FR series competitors to run in the Eurocup.Was thought they would have an unfair advantage.Only brit currently entered for the Eurocup is Pippa Mann who is a back marker. Her team mate Westley Barber is ill,and they are looking for a replacement.
Only thing there to attract a crowd is some F1 demos,and of course they will not be by current F1 drivers who will be busy at Spa. Wonder how many people sent off for tickets before they realised it would mean missing a GP?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1400512)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Well obviously if the races are alongside each other it'd be pretty difficult anyway...but have the rules changed recently then? It's been done before, last one I remember is Manor in 2003 at Hockenheim but sure there's been some more recently than that.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1400530)   #16
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I can't believe some of you are sad enough that you went on and counted how many sellers are on ebay! There have been 4 pages of Renault World Series tickets for sale for the past 2 months...sorry seen as we're being so picky there might have been 999 not 1000 though I didn't count for certain - my error!

And Suze, you really DO need to lighten up...you take everything well too seriously! Anybody that dares question your immense knowledge....
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1400538)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
I lost count to be fair...

And did I disagree with your original statement? No, I agreed with you. Don't complain I haven't bowed down to you because I've previously questioned the fact you're right every time as you claim...
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1400540)   #18
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Did you not notice the smile afterwards......
Old 6 Sep 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1400544)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
I did....but I have messages from you somewhere proclaiming you're always right in each and every circumstance!

If you want to continue this discussion, let's take it to pm rather than here and nothing to do with World Series at all.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1400548)   #20
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Lol! Hey, now your just looking for excuses to PM me
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1400550)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
In your dreams!!!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1400551)   #22
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Erm, no thanks - I don't want nightmares!
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1400552)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
god you lot, all i did was go to morrisons to get a copy of heat and you're at each others throats...

fwiw comtec have found a replacement for wes barber for the weekend i think. the replacement seemed to think he was driving for them anyway
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1400557)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
Who's replacing Barber then?
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1400560)   #25
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Donington Park website there is a one-way system operating on Saturday & Sunday

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/renault/trafficplan.pdf