Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 May 2001, 01:27 (Ref:88573)   #1
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

Dooly Tilly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula One Is Not Tennis

WHEN ATENNIS PLAYER BREAKS DOWN OR TANKS THE PERSON STANDING GETS THE CASH, THE TROPHY AND GLORY .
IN 10 YEARS NOBODY WILL LOOK BACK AND SAY TFGF DID NOT WIN,GET CASH TROPHY OR PLACE IN HISTORY
Old 4 May 2001, 03:08 (Ref:88607)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many, many people are still saying that TGF stole two WDCs and attempted to steal another one ... that Senna deliberately sabotaged Prost in Japan (and later Senna confessed that he had done so) and others did not deserve the wins the stat books say they "earned".

Formula One is not tennis. Formula One fans remember.
Old 4 May 2001, 03:13 (Ref:88608)   #3
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

SHUMY THE BEST FOR 10 YRS

LIKE IT OR NOT LIZ SHUMY NAME ON TROPHY
Old 4 May 2001, 03:22 (Ref:88616)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put a dress on a pig and it's still a pig.
Old 4 May 2001, 03:32 (Ref:88622)   #5
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

SHUMY THE BEST FOR 10 YRS

LIZ ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT RATE TGF AS ONE OF THE TOP 3 DRIVERS SINCE SENNA
HE IS ON THE VERGE OF REWRITING THE RECORDS
Old 4 May 2001, 05:04 (Ref:88664)   #6
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Dooly, relax, stress is hard on the blood pressure, and it doesnt help spelling... you do have a point though... Liz, you want to state right here and now the TGF is not one of the best drivers since Senna and Prost???
Old 4 May 2001, 05:12 (Ref:88665)   #7
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

intelligent life force

your no melon oj
Old 4 May 2001, 11:14 (Ref:88798)   #8
Liz
Veteran

TGF's results indicate that he is a "great driver", i will give you that, but what are you comparing him to? Unlike Senna and Prost et al. he is currently driving in a weak field of young rookie strivers and rebuilding teams, and it does not take any particular brilliance to outdrive teenagers on rebuilding teams.

Were I to see TGF driving against the people Senna and Prost drove against, in equal equipment, I would be able to make a more informed decision as to what his level of talent might be.

As for what I see now, i would have to say that except for DC and the Williams Boys, he is currently the best of a weak field. Face it, much as I like Rubens, a field in which he is third in the championship is not exactly the grid of 1979.
Old 4 May 2001, 12:38 (Ref:88838)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here I was thinking this was going to be a thread all about Kimi and Nick's tennis-playing antics.
Old 4 May 2001, 15:39 (Ref:88900)   #10
Orange
Racer

Er... sorry Dooly, but I'm a Yank, and have no clue as to what a "melon" is... (I assume its Aussie slang)

care to elaborate?
Old 4 May 2001, 16:23 (Ref:88907)   #11
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Formula One Is Not Tennis

Quote:
Originally posted by Dooly Tilly
WHEN ATENNIS PLAYER BREAKS DOWN OR TANKS THE PERSON STANDING GETS THE CASH, THE TROPHY AND GLORY .
IN 10 YEARS NOBODY WILL LOOK BACK AND SAY TFGF DID NOT WIN,GET CASH TROPHY OR PLACE IN HISTORY

...unless the the tennis player is beautiful blonde named anna.
Old 4 May 2001, 16:51 (Ref:88916)   #12
Orange
Racer

... In which case, nobody minds!!
Old 4 May 2001, 22:37 (Ref:89055)   #13
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
liz u cant just called michael schumacher a PIG. that is just 2 much... u cant insult a driver like this.........show some respect.
this is just 2 much.........
Old 5 May 2001, 01:33 (Ref:89111)   #14
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
And here I was thinking this was going to be a thread all about Kimi and Nick's tennis-playing antics.
Old 5 May 2001, 02:04 (Ref:89129)   #15
Liz
Veteran

I didn't call TGF a pig, nor did I suggest that we put a dress on him. You are too literal minded.

My point is that just because someone's name is on a trophy does not mean he won. All it means is that his name is on the trophy. Putting a name on a trophy doesn't create a winner any more than putting a dress on a pig creates Marilyn Monroe.
Old 5 May 2001, 02:38 (Ref:89150)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by DancingMachine
liz u cant just called michael schumacher a PIG. that is just 2 much... u cant insult a driver like this.........show some respect.
this is just 2 much.........
Do you EVER read your own posts!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 May 2001, 04:31 (Ref:89178)   #17
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't call TGF a pig, nor did I suggest that we put a dress on him. You are too literal minded.

My point is that just because someone's name is on a trophy does not mean he won. All it means is that his name is on the trophy. Putting a name on a trophy doesn't create a winner any more than putting a dress on a pig creates Marilyn Monroe.
I think if your names on the trophy,you have won!
Didnt senna do some of the same things TGF did.I dare anyone to say senna was not a great driver.Similarly,i dare anyone to say TGF is not a great driver.these guys get the respect they deserve only after they retire.
Old 5 May 2001, 05:11 (Ref:89188)   #18
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
TGF's results indicate that he is a "great driver", i will give you that, but what are you comparing him to? Unlike Senna and Prost et al. he is currently driving in a weak field of young rookie strivers and rebuilding teams, and it does not take any particular brilliance to outdrive teenagers on rebuilding teams.

Were I to see TGF driving against the people Senna and Prost drove against, in equal equipment, I would be able to make a more informed decision as to what his level of talent might be.

As for what I see now, i would have to say that except for DC and the Williams Boys, he is currently the best of a weak field. Face it, much as I like Rubens, a field in which he is third in the championship is not exactly the grid of 1979.

We'll it ain't '79 no more. Stop living in the past. From now on just watch replay's of the seventies and get back to us once a week on who is the best driver etc, etc. If I could create a time machine and take back Schuey to '79 just to put him in a car that you think is the best I would, but I cant. Enjoy Formula 1 now, it's our time. No offence Liz, your posts are accurate and to the point but your Shumi bashing is really starting to get to me!
Old 5 May 2001, 05:34 (Ref:89194)   #19
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

What kind of an idiot would say MS stole "Two WDC's"???

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Many, many people are still saying that TGF stole two WDCs and attempted to steal another one ...
Which two WDC's??? I think once again you have been caught out displaying how little you understand. If you want to call 94 a theft, so be it. But that is not a clear cut view by any means.

Nothing wrong with 95 or 2000, try not to be so dumb again, eh?
Old 5 May 2001, 05:52 (Ref:89197)   #20
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C'mon Dooly, Everyone is doing their best! Start Towing the Line, PLEASE....
Old 5 May 2001, 14:17 (Ref:89296)   #21
Shrapnel 2.
Rookie

Shrapnel 2. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the story?

I'm fascinated as to what all this super-dangerous news is that could get ten-tenths sued. I realise it concerns Coulthard. I realise I'm a bit late in asking this and of course that it can't be mentioned here, but I'm sure it would be perfectly legal to provide a link to somewhere i could read about it all, mischievous ****** that I am. Cheers.
Old 5 May 2001, 18:31 (Ref:89365)   #22
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

SHOO77,
You say to Liz "this is our time" and Liz could reply that the seventies, eighties, nineties and this decade are all her times. She was there and watching. She has a perspective and a basis for comparison that the youth on this forum doesn't have.

This won't necessarily make her fair and reasonable, in my opinion that is, in her comments about MS, JaV, or other drivers she doesn't like. She doesn't seem to like or appreciate Hakkinen for example, and how could anybody not is my reaction, but I wouldn't presume to lecture her on how to think about F1.

She could write a book on it, and what an instructive, entertaining, and infuriating book it would be.

Last edited by Roy2; 5 May 2001 at 18:33.
Old 5 May 2001, 19:21 (Ref:89378)   #23
Liz
Veteran

I have no problem with anyone worshipping TGF - do go right ahead. And don't let my lack of enthusiasm stop you for a New York Minute.

The funny thing about the stuff Senna used to do is that TGF used to be right there screaming for someone to report Senna to the stewards, complaining that what he did was unfair, and that he should not be allowed to do it. Later on he changed his tune I guess as he picked up all those bad habits except the one of justifying himself by saying "But I am Senna."

I'm not saying TGF is not any good. Just that you can't say he's the greatest pilot ever because the times have changed far too much for comparisons to be apt. At the moment he is the most successful. And good for him.