Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2004, 10:44 (Ref:943208)   #1
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sunday Times Rich List

I see the big team bosses have not been doing to well over the past year, i can see Willaims not being the only team having a clear out at the end of the year.....
Numbers 3, 6, 7.

i Notice Eddie Jordan not there, he must be doing nicely, i think he would be counted even though hes irish because he has property in UK

The Sunday Times Rich List

April 18, 2004

... and fallers

wealth 1st then the fall this year then the Reason

1 Sir Edwin Manton £235m - £151m - Share fall

2 The Duke of Sutherland £148m - £97m - Revaluation

3= Lady Grantchester £1,162m - £93m - Charitable donations

3= Ron Dennis £82m - £93m - Profit fall

5 Lawrence Stroll £240m - £80m - Profit fall

6 Bernie & Slavica Ecclestone £2,323m - £77m - Revaluation

7 Sir Frank Williams £76m - £69m - Revaluation

8 The Marquess of Bath £120m - £67m - Revaluation

9 John Hargreaves and family £530m - £63m - Share fall

10 Michael Rees £71m - £57m - Revaluation

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...065014,00.html
Old 18 Apr 2004, 12:10 (Ref:943245)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Bernie has just sold a house for £70m after buying it two years ago for £50m. So he's doing OK.

I don't think there is much to be concerned about in F1 terms (or even personally for those in the list). I haven't open the Sunday Times mag yet, but Bernie and Frank haven't gone down as such. The Sunday Times has just changed their calculation for these people.
Old 18 Apr 2004, 15:04 (Ref:943340)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the figures in the Sunday Times rich list are educated guesses though...
Old 18 Apr 2004, 17:21 (Ref:943413)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
All the figures in the Sunday Times rich list are educated guesses though...
I agree, in an article i read a year or so ago, it said that Ron Dennis was worth £270 mill, but as you say, just guesses.

I don't suppose the guys on the list lose sleep over it one way or the other, given the money they do have ... whatever amount it is!
Old 18 Apr 2004, 22:55 (Ref:943664)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I don't suppose the guys on the list lose sleep over it one way or the other, given the money they do have ... whatever amount it is!
Actually, I think you'd be surprised that they do!

We all know that these guys have far more money than they will ever need or can ever spend, so its really not about that. Its about the power and the influence that the money brings them. The higher they get on these lists, the more influence they wield over matters, the more doors open, and it becomes easier to get meetings with the most important of people. So in there world, its crucial as to where they stand when these lists come out.

Mind you, unfortunately, I don't know any of this personally, and I really don't have this "problem", but I have read books on these types!

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:27 (Ref:943934)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This year you needed £40M to make the top 1000 in the UK. They also listed the top 50 in Ireland, but I don't recall Eddie Jordan's name being there. Eddie Irvine is though!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:35 (Ref:943939)   #7
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie Jordan is in there, about 50 million
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:50 (Ref:944040)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DR vs EJ

Look at their rankings as far as money. http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040419/13/3cva.html

Could DR be the devil? And EJ 777?? Hmmm!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 13:14 (Ref:944151)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's good to see that Irvine knows how to live then... a former F1 driver in a rich list.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 04:33 (Ref:944979)   #10
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And look at the list on BBC Sport:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/3636373.stm

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who made his money from the oil industry, is Britain's richest person with a fortune estimated at £2.5bn.

F1 is well represented, with supremo Bernie Ecclestone, worth £2.3bn, featuring in the overall top 10 at eighth.

Former F1 driver Eddie Irvine, meanwhile, heads Britain's sport stars with an estimated personal fortune of £153m, making him the country's 267th richest man.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 10:35 (Ref:945246)   #11
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw that on BBC Sport. They got one figure very wrong. Abramovich is worth an estimated seven and a half billion - and that allows for a £500M Russian tax bill that he'll probably never have to pay, and also represents a fairly conservative estimate of his peripheral businesses.

Back to the F1 guys though - how come Eddie Irvine's worth more than Sir Frank Williams and Ron Dennis put together?!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 12:01 (Ref:945357)   #12
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie Irvine invested very cleverly and in a big way in property. He has managed to multiply the millions he has earnt by his property investment.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 12:25 (Ref:945395)   #13
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
And by not investing in an F1 team?!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 12:45 (Ref:945422)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
And by not investing in an F1 team?!
Very wise guy Eddie... Irvine.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 12:55 (Ref:945441)   #15
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Very wise guy Eddie... Irvine.
So much wiser than Prost and Fittipaldi... But Emo still managed to succeed out of F1! I still remember when he had orange juice instead of milk after winning the Indy500 event... Nothing better than promoting his own products